+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is clipping Vile Spores honestly that bad?

Rift Disciple

Default Is clipping Vile Spores honestly that bad?

Mind you, I'm speaking this on a whim. I'm thinking Vile Spores should be weighted as two parts: the burst and the dot. The burst has a greater weight factor than the dot. Why are people worrying about making the dot better at the cost of the burst? The dot is meant to be a filler. By making VS cast faster, you're making it contribute more toward the filler part, and improving its burst. I would think this should negate the negative aspects of clipping. The clipping part seems more complex than necessary. I'm not sure how any normal person in a dynamic environment can adapt to that.

Ascendant

It's a very slight HPS loss, but not one that I would cost anyone their lives.
    Regardless of what happens, people will always be unhappy. Be thankful for what you have and always be constructive.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Poster View Post
    good or the best
    This quote offers insight into why there are so many perceived balance issues. To some, it doesn't matter how good something is; if it isn't the best, it isn't worth using.

Prophet of Telara BrownsMageNerfDelivery's Avatar

It's minute and often negated by an -icar, but meh, more heals are more heals. Good to time when sustained raidwide burst damage goes out if possible.

World Best
    AT LEAST 20 MOTHER****ERS TRIED TO BAN ME BUT I'M STILL HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by Gile View Post
    We do not want to carry you like GO had to for SO So go kill yourself
    I GOT 99 PROBLEMS BUT A BAN AIN'T ONE

Not sure it will matter much with the upcoming changes to LGV. Will the extra dot effect even procs heals?

Ascendant

Won't know until we get to test, so there's no point in speculating. If I were to guess, though, they'll keep that mechanic of spell effects triggering on the first tick of a dot.
    Regardless of what happens, people will always be unhappy. Be thankful for what you have and always be constructive.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Poster View Post
    good or the best
    This quote offers insight into why there are so many perceived balance issues. To some, it doesn't matter how good something is; if it isn't the best, it isn't worth using.

Quote Originally Posted by Caydin View Post
    Won't know until we get to test, so there's no point in speculating. If I were to guess, though, they'll keep that mechanic of spell effects triggering on the first tick of a dot.
    I like how you say "there's no point in speculating", then the speculate how it is gonna work.

dbe
    General of Telara

How do you clip vile spored anyway? If you spam it, the dot still ticks once before the new one hits.

Plane Walker

With Burning Purpose you'll always been cllipping the dot when just spamming Vile Spores.

Prophet of Telara BrownsMageNerfDelivery's Avatar

With Ignition alone in pyrochloro, you clip about half the VS casts. With Ignition + BP, you are pretty much guaranteed to clip.

World Best
    AT LEAST 20 MOTHER****ERS TRIED TO BAN ME BUT I'M STILL HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by Gile View Post
    We do not want to carry you like GO had to for SO So go kill yourself
    I GOT 99 PROBLEMS BUT A BAN AIN'T ONE

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by dbe View Post
    How do you clip vile spored anyway? If you spam it, the dot still ticks once before the new one hits.
    You "clip" the dot when you don't allow it to run its full course and put out its maximum damage. This happens when the dot is reapplied (by casting vile spores) before it has fallen off of its target.

MiO
    Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Proph View Post
    You "clip" the dot when you don't allow it to run its full course and put out its maximum damage. This happens when the dot is reapplied (by casting vile spores) before it has fallen off of its target.

I had once thought that this was a issue because pyrochloro can cast vile spores fast enough to reapply the dot before its ticked for the first time.

+ Reply to Thread