+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Galibier

Thread: Dev diary quotes

Ascendant

Default Dev diary quotes

Keep in mind, these are my own personal conspiracy theories. Bash if you like, doesn't matter to me.

Kervic states:
    "We went through a couple different options. The harbinger kind of won out because its just a different way of playing a mage that you don't currently have. I know alot of people wanted a tank mage, but for the time being, were not going that route. With a melee mage, it just seemed like another way to play the class and opened up some interesting combo's when we put it together this way."

AND

"Harbinger is basically goona be DPS. You can mix it in with anything else too. You could be support, you could probably off heal with it. Haven't tried it in a dungeon or anything yet but you've seen what its been doing so far, I can't imagine it wouldn't do that."

Elizabeth Toby states:
    "As you can see they are working all the time and changing things all the time. One of the things about these reveals is saying what we do know, and of course making no promises we won't decide in two weeks that what we do know is not what we know anymore."

He states "I know alot of people wanted a tank mage, but for THE TIME BEING, were not going that route."

Possible mage tank in the future?

I think so.

Someone stated "why give mages all 4 roles when most other classes have 3?" I believe Trion has this same mindset. Will harbinger be changed to tank in Storm Legion? The chances are very slim. More likely, mages will become tanks in another x-pac.

Harbinger is obviously the first step to a mage tank. It is a MELEE soul with many defensive cooldowns. With the right tweaks, or even a seperate soul to go with it, a mage tank is born!

Wishful thinking. "For the time being" is what any businessman says so you can't pin him down and either use the sentence for excessive disappointment today OR call him a liar later.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

+ Reply to Thread