+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Gehrgontra
  • 1 Post By Robotnik

Thread: Good news, pet fans! Maybe?

Default Good news, pet fans! Maybe?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPZ-jTKG2Q0 Starting at about 27:20, and going on for about a minute.

Here Kervik says that one of the big things being looked at is pet scaling ("hopefully we've got that in a much better shape" he says), and that in SL the current plan is for all pet talents affect to all pets. They later go on to say that not every soul can be great for every aspect of the game, still working on getting the experts and first raids done along with the gear, yadda yadda yadda. SO! I have high hopes that deep Necromancer and Elementalist will be viable for at least the first tier and a half. Perhaps not top, but not really far behind everything else. However, at this point they're not quite sure themselves how it'll all play out, and won't for a while until the dungeons are close to done and they have the gear sorted out.

I think it may end up being an interesting spec to play, mixing Necro and Ele. Keeping up stacks of Deathly Calling and Velocity while maintaining dots, charge will be a non-issue unless the souls get some loving there... gonna be very interesting to see how it all plays out should the pet scaling get fixed and the souls changed to synergize with each other.

Rift Disciple

We'll see. Pet scaling & synergy have been issues for a long time so those were bound to get looked into.

We didn't see the Necromancer tree at all during the live stream but the Elementalist one appears to have changed fairly substancially. What they've done with Tempest in particular interests me.

Plane Walker

The items guy did put up a sign that said "NERF HARBOMANCER" ...

though maybe that was Harbinger + Chloromancer and not Harbinger + Necromancer
    Last edited by Golladan; 08-10-2012 at 07:21 PM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Golladan View Post
    The items guy did put up a sign that said "NERF HARBOMANCER" ...

though maybe that was Harbinger + Chloromancer and not Harbinger + Necromancer
    I thought he was referring to Harbinger + Pyromancer

Defilemancer is obviously Warlock+Necromancer right guys

Ascendant

Harbomancer can be anything, lol.

I guess I'm not seeing the point of making pet skills work for every pet, mostly because it's unlikely you'll get a build with two pet souls anyway. I can't wait to see the new models though, and heck I might go back to using necro if they make it worthwhile.

+ Reply to Thread