+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Chloromancer changes...

Ascendant

Default Chloromancer changes...

What's everyone thoughts on that?

I'm mixed. Seems we're going to have to totally change our rotations and basically start from scratch. Guessing it will be more interesting though.

well - healing based on cast time. how the hell you want to scale that i dont exactly like this idea tbh.

yeah... we shall see.

One of the cool parts about Chloro was most of the healing being based on damage, so improving your damage also improved your healing. Now... that's going to be unrelated, dunno how I feel about that.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 08-10-2012 at 02:38 PM.

Ascendant

It is a easy way to balance it since it will have set values..
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxcalibur View Post
    "bros to come at me!"

Ascendant

Me neither. I'd much rather have seen something where each spell does damage and heals for a certain number depending on your SP, but that the actual damage you do doesn't affect the healing.

Seems it would make void life pretty much useless?

I guess we'll have to see, but it seems like warlock will be the best match again for opportunity if they go through with it.

well i assume that by casttime he also means channel - 3 secs would make voidlife very powerfull healing. otherwise its wrong :P

@Under - how do you see this as easy way to balance?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by radiomaryja View Post
    well i assume that by casttime he also means channel - 3 secs would make voidlife very powerfull healing. otherwise its wrong :P

@Under - how do you see this as easy way to balance?
    They will know exactly how much each ability will heal for and not be based on RNG(Absorbs,Valor, etc..). So in PvP they will have a predictable amount of healing.. The healing will be very controlled and adjustable.

Pretty big buff and is no different that a cleric healing except chloro does a little damage.
    Last edited by Undrsiege; 08-10-2012 at 02:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxcalibur View Post
    "bros to come at me!"

Plane Walker

It should be based on spellpower still I guess? Like a 3 sec cast with 1k spell power does less than a 3sec cast with 2k spellpower. I think its not really a big deal. Will probably work almost as it does now.

i suppose you're right. still cant wait to have new souls on pts to have something to work with :d

wonder if harbringer aoe heal will be better than typical chloro based build. hope not. dont really want to be forced into melee to pull out best heals.

I saw a +10% sp passive from tier 1 talent. Maybe a chloro/lock + hb low tier hybrid range
    Effei - Seastone
    Dawn of Terror

Who needs swag when we will be in melee shredding you apart with Harbinger.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by radiomaryja View Post
    i suppose you're right. still cant wait to have new souls on pts to have something to work with :d

wonder if harbringer aoe heal will be better than typical chloro based build. hope not. dont really want to be forced into melee to pull out best heals.
    Actually our healing atm is pretty boring. Going into melee could make it abit more interesting.
    I would hate though if Harbinger is our best dps soul, since it would make everything unique about mages (¨high ranged dps) exactly like rogues/clerics with a subpar ranged spec and a better melee-spec.

Telaran

Maybe they just mean that standard 'casted' chloro heals will get the full benefit of lifegiving/bound, but life melee attacks that are instant, or maybe chloro life spells that become instant proc with that eldritch armor or whatever, will heal for a smaller percentage than the full percentage of healing that lifegiving/bound would give for a normal chloromancer.

That would make it so that the harbinger/chloro hybrids would get more healing than other current mage souls would get from the veils, but still less than a full chloromancer. Non-life spells only get something like 5% of damage done back as heals? Maybe instant life melee attacks would get 25-30% or something, so that if the chloro/harbinger gets a decent amount of damage(comparable to icar specs, about 75-85% of a full DPS spec), it will still do some solid heals, but nothing crazy like 100% of damage, when that damage is not that far behind a full damage dealer.

This would allow for some 'icar' like builds, but which won't be full main healers. Just like icar builds aren't full main healers(except senticar, but that's a different beast, as it's mostly heal specced, and does little actual dps), until you rather firmly outgear the content, like an HK geared inquisicar healing a 5man expert dungeon.
    Last edited by ottopaul; 08-10-2012 at 03:41 PM.

sounds complicated
    i dont think he knows himself entirely yet, he didnt seem too sure heh.
    was directed at valor mitigation and might have a completley different aspect in pve, who knows.
    best way imo would be for pvp to have the valor handle the damage but give a higher heal output and convert overhealing to more damage delivered.
    the whole thing is ages away and still can change entirely at any time between now and then.
    who took my names!

Well the change definitely improves our healing flexibility, since enemy damage resistance doesn't gimp our heals, ie Valor or boss immunity phases.

The problem now is that Chloromancer may be a bit too good in PvP since without Valor stopping us we're going to be putting out absolutely monstrous AoE healing.
    There will have to be a blanket healing reduction in PvP or else the balance with PvE would be out of kilter.

This has some pretty huge implications, exactly what remains to be seen.
    Last edited by Primalthirst; 08-10-2012 at 03:50 PM.
    Nope.

Prophet of Telara

I managed to read the new LGV tooltip. Keep in mind that the numbers might be too high since Elrar is OP. His CB did 13k dmg.

LGV: Ability damage dealt by the mage heal up to 5 party or raid members. Instant Life abilities restore 1163 to 1286 health. Cast time Life abilities heal more based on cast time, up to 3200 to 3537 health. Non-Life abilities restore 290 to 321 health. Lasts 1h.
    Live - Lokken - Mage - Unity Guild - Gelidra EU http://www.unityguild.net/
    Prime - Lokken - Rogue

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast