+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Disappointment.

Soulwalker

Default Disappointment.

No mage tanks. Why not?

Well, I guess who doesn't love waiting in queue so long they forgot they queued in the first place... I'm sorry, but I'm not a huge fan of chloro... I only use it to reduce my queue times or fill spots that may be needed. You know what spot seems to be needed more times than even healers? TANKS!

So anyone have a viable reason why mages don't get tanking spec? Just wondering.

Ascendant

I think it wouldn't be fair for us to have 4 roles while everyone else gets 3 (or 2).

Probably because rogues aren't getting a healer and clerics aren't getting a support

You didn't roll mage to tank, reroll one of the other 3 callings if it's that big of a deal to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconlord View Post
    No mage tanks. Why not?

Well, I guess who doesn't love waiting in queue so long they forgot they queued in the first place... I'm sorry, but I'm not a huge fan of chloro... I only use it to reduce my queue times or fill spots that may be needed. You know what spot seems to be needed more times than even healers? TANKS!

So anyone have a viable reason why mages don't get tanking spec? Just wondering.
    because they wear cloth and are mages, people baffle me when they role classes and want everything, same goes for my class asking for heals, makes 0 sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Remli View Post
    You didn't roll mage to tank, reroll one of the other 3 callings if it's that big of a deal to you.
    i'm also pretty sure most of us didn't roll a mage to melee. i'm very disappointed as well with this announcement.
    Experience is the best teacher.. if you can afford the tuition.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    because they wear cloth and are mages, people baffle me when they role classes and want everything, same goes for my class asking for heals, makes 0 sense.
    I think I'd eventually like to see every class be given the ability to fill all 4 roles, but not until the other souls are all in good places, and warriors can at least fill 3 like the others. Let's not put the cart before the horse.

Soulwalker

Who is to say the other classes don't get more roles? Besides, why can't mage tanks use barriers or summoned armor to tank?

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    And it baffles me when people don't understand MAGIC. Who cares if we have cloth armor? MAGIC would absorb the damage. Duh
    Deepwood | Aschana | H1325 | PA1427 | R94 | 20017 pts
    ~ Dedicated Chloromancer ~

Who is to say the other classes don't get more roles? Besides, why can't mage tanks use barriers or summoned armor to tank?
    The devs have said it: warriors and rogues are not getting healing souls, and Clerics are not getting support

for the tanking argument.. we use to be able to tank the 5 mans back in the day. was pretty fun just slow going. the rock pet was pretty nice before it got nerfed.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyDaz View Post
    i'm also pretty sure most of us didn't roll a mage to melee. i'm very disappointed as well with this announcement.
    DPS is DPS whether it's in range or melee. Reorganizing an entire set of cloth gear would be too much work, balancing the Mage tank soul with the 3 tanking callings we already have would be pointless as they get the job done just fine. adding a new weapon type is a heck of a lot easier than creating a new role from the ground up, since you just can't think about endgame and level 50 content.

Quote Originally Posted by Ropeadope View Post
    DPS is DPS whether it's in range or melee. Reorganizing an entire set of cloth gear would be too much work, balancing the Mage tank soul with the 3 tanking callings we already have would be pointless as they get the job done just fine. adding a new weapon type is a heck of a lot easier than creating a new role from the ground up, since you just can't think about endgame and level 50 content.
    i should explain better. i have zero interest in tanking, and i have zero interest in being in melee range.

Because you're going into battle wearing cloth? And maybe you want the critters hitting someone wearing, oh, I don't know, anything but cloth?
    Processor: Intel i5 2500K @ 3.3Ghz
    Memory: Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB DDR3
    Graphics: EVGA Geforce GTX 560Ti 1GB
    OS Drive: SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series 256GB SATA III SSD (Win 7 Pro 64-bit)
    Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-V LX

Any viable reason why mages should have one? -.-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast