+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: new mage soul

Telaran

Default new mage soul

Yes its a melee dps discuss

from what I saw on the video it reminds me of the Valewalker class from DAoC....which isnt a bad thing, those guys were brutal to fight.

I'd hope this is a joke. I'd be upset if I was a mage and was given a melee soul
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    I'd hope this is a joke. I'd be upset if I was a mage and was given a melee soul
    Seeing as it appeared to have both a back-teleport and charge-to-target, this gon be fun.

People say the great thing about mages in their range and the crappiest role in WF's is melee.

MAYBE IT DOES GOOD DPS ON RAID MOBS.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

People say the great thing about mages in their range and the crappiest role in WF's is melee.

MAYBE IT DOES GOOD DPS ON RAID MOBS.
    They have that cooldown that lets them melee from ranged...

Rift Disciple

Haha, this one made me LoL, not just a chuckle, but one of the long belly laughs.

Check your scorecards -- usually warriors and rogues are 90% (at least) of the top 10 for KB's. Doesn't sound like crappy roles to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Its Me View Post
    Haha, this one made me LoL, not just a chuckle, but one of the long belly laughs.

Check your scorecards -- usually warriors and rogues are 90% (at least) of the top 10 for KB's. Doesn't sound like crappy roles to me.
    He was being sarcastic, talking about all the warriors who overplay how bad being a melee DPS is.

Also, the rogues topping KBs aren't melee rogues.
    ~Quiescent

Rift Disciple

I'm excited for hearig all the souls got a rework especially the loc....cleanse me know...hehe...plus two new tears of abilities on the climb to 60!
    don't know why people are complaining...heck it's new content with new stuff and some rework of the old stuff to bring them up to par....or I guess you could x amount of years like other games to get new content...
    I'm happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Its Me View Post

Jokes on you.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

edit+

Probably good pve soul, probably will get used as secondary for defensive things like the RS is. It probably just offers better ST damage than a pyro at the cost of melee range, and give a few tools (like nb has). If you think the mage calling with 1/9 melee souls is all of a sudden gonna be shutting down warriors toe to toe you are kidding yourself. Just cause they have a melee doesn't mean it's going to be a good pvp soul. Sounds like ranger. Probably good dps and horrible for pvp.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

its a dervish!
    hmm yea well that was some high end stuff there, pro gm hax or not, the basic combat must be t8 gear or something
    i really doubt thats how it will hit live and although its not quite what i hoped for ts a nice idea.
    kudos on the wep system too
    Last edited by Pixel Monkey; 08-10-2012 at 03:13 PM.
    who took my names!

Telaran

Now what iam interested in is the melee soul has a teleport that ports back and breaks cc i would love to try it out with a full pyro depending if the port is high up or low in the tree
    Also chrolo's healing looks like is getting fix
    Warlocks are getting a unstable affication like abilty
    The dev said that all the ele and necro buff would scale with eachother so if ele has a branch that increases pet damage it will also increases the nerco pet damage

edit+

Probably good pve soul, probably will get used as secondary for defensive things like the RS is. It probably just offers better ST damage than a pyro at the cost of melee range, and give a few tools (like nb has). If you think the mage calling with 1/9 melee souls is all of a sudden gonna be shutting down warriors toe to toe you are kidding yourself. Just cause they have a melee doesn't mean it's going to be a good pvp soul. Sounds like ranger. Probably good dps and horrible for pvp.
    As they showed it and talked about it, it's more than a riftblade like soul / pure melee soul. It synergizes with chloro, sc or pyro from what they saw on alpha servers. Melee dps spec with high surviability (as they said) that can proc buffs to reduce cast time on your skills. For example, we saw some quick cinderbursts and instant fireballs. Also, switches between stances for multiple purposes, either heals, offense or half and half. Charge, and a backward blink that removes CC (Kervik said). Ability to use a cooldown to use melee abilities from range. It might be a very good spec for pvp. Oh yeah, the 2h sword stance HAS A 10 SECONDS INVISIBILITY

Harbinger/sc for AOE. Thank god, that spec can reduce cast time and can counter the biggest issue of stormcaller aka cast times.
    Last edited by Effeil; 08-10-2012 at 03:27 PM.
    Effei - Seastone
    Dawn of Terror

Who needs swag when we will be in melee shredding you apart with Harbinger.

Ascendant

Spark is quite a bit higher in soul tree now... 2 levels higher...
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxcalibur View Post
    "bros to come at me!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast