+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: So... thought about the harbinger?

Rift Disciple

From looking at the individual abilities it seems that it'll synergize with other trees well and provide a fair bit of much needed defense. I'm quite happy with it.

For those interested, here are some of the tooltips for various abilities shown in the livestream. It's not complete, is subject to change and is rather messy, but it'll give us an idea of what they're trying to do with the tree. Enjoy!
    Last edited by Robotnik; 08-10-2012 at 06:23 PM.

Ascendant

I said it before... I just hope we have a real heal debuff finally, like rogue or warrior.

Rift Disciple

Glad it wasn't a tank soul.

My hope for Storm Legion is that we end up with multiple viable styles of dps. I want to be able to be competitive with a pet spec, with a nuke spec, with a dot spec, And with the new melee spec, etc; not be pigieonholed into only one method.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by ururu View Post
    I said it before... I just hope we have a real heal debuff finally, like rogue or warrior.
    Same can be said for cleric... At least you have something in Dom.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxcalibur View Post
    "bros to come at me!"

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by thune View Post
    You will never know till the final release it look's to me and the way they were describing. Your build could actually get you to be a "tank". You take harbinger/chlro/lock and the use of the "axe" weapon they described as having a self heal you may keep yourself up as well as a cleric(off tank). I'm taking a wait and see. The final trees will make or break. I am exited to blink and charge around reminds me of a dervish from GW that I loved. Heal plus AOE attacks. I'm looking forward to not only this but all the other tweaks.
    And without the ability to get your toughness past like 50, you're tanking days will be over when you try to tank anything higher than an expert, maybe t1 raid.

BTW, Chloro's Raised by Nature is getting moved up 10 points.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Undrsiege View Post
    Same can be said for cleric... At least you have something in Dom.....
    And Necromancer

Prophet of Telara Shaidar Haran's Avatar

I'm excited about the Harbinger class. It adds what I have wanted in game. A Soloing soul that allows me to not have to keep running away from mobs as much to survive. It may turn out to be our PA farming spec or whatever and may be limited use in raids. Who knows, what I do know is that it opens a new form of play style, one that I prefer. A mage who stands toe-to-toe and still casts heavy nukes like fireball or cinder burst.

The new way chloro is going to work may be a bummer for me, but I'll see how that goes as more info comes available.

Ultimately, Harbinger sounds like a

for me.
    My Hand Reaches Far...

Quote Originally Posted by Amary View Post
    There's typically no warning for unexpected crashes.

Rift Disciple

Dont forget that will all this awesomeness they have still have yet to reveal the other souls. I for one am very happy with the Harb. Here is why I say be patient.......the warrior class is already op as it is. Any canges will just make it more op. Clerics are still good dps and the best healers but with new soul they may become super fantastic healers and just as good at dps. Rogues are very good now but with new soul they could be the top dps and super speed killers. If this comes to pass that puts the mage right back where we where imo. So before you get all excited or pissed wait until its done before getting to happy or crying because you didnt get your tank soul.

You didn't really think they would give us a tank soul did you? Thats just too much. If they did then they might as well give warriors a mage warrior soul........I wonder....Mage/warrior.......mage/rogue heal/rogue etc etc. Just wait folks.

For me chloromancer will peak my interest the most followed by the pyro. SC will be my first targets I think after healers since they will be doing insane aoe imo. Still have to wait and see. I just dig the weapons we get to choose from wit this new soul. Total bad ***!! My mage Myxilplix if anything will at least look bad *** when styling lol.

Plane Walker

Here are a couple of questions for the dev.

Some of the Harbinger skills mention that they do x to y damage plus weapon damage. How will this weapon damage will be taken? Does it get standardized to a specific damage depending on the "weapon buff" you're using, and the regular weapon you use? Or just the weapon damage that your regular weapon uses? So would a Harbinger using a 1h and totem do less damage than one using a 2h?

As for the "weapon buffs" is there a benefit for using either the axe, the scythe, or the sword? Because looking at the weapon buffs alone, Reaper's Blade is superior to Lightning Blade. Unless the intent is for Lightning Blade to be the basic beginning weapon, and then the choice turns to either Reaper's Blade(41 points) and the axe one once we get them.

Very excited. Har/SC sounds like a wet dream come true. I looooove playing melee, glad to hear they're trying to make it less of a detriment.

Looks like no universal 1s GCD though.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    Very excited. Har/SC sounds like a wet dream come true. I looooove playing melee, glad to hear they're trying to make it less of a detriment.

Looks like no universal 1s GCD though.
    It looks like spark got moved 10 points up. Also looked like the Harbinger had a 1s GCD when using Harbinger skills. 1.5s when using anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Golladan View Post
    It looks like spark got moved 10 points up. Also looked like the Harbinger had a 1s GCD when using Harbinger skills. 1.5s when using anything else.
    Yeah I just noticed that as well, makes me wonder if it's an unfinished transition to 1s or something.

Here are a couple of questions for the dev.

Some of the Harbinger skills mention that they do x to y damage plus weapon damage. How will this weapon damage will be taken? Does it get standardized to a specific damage depending on the "weapon buff" you're using, and the regular weapon you use? Or just the weapon damage that your regular weapon uses? So would a Harbinger using a 1h and totem do less damage than one using a 2h?

As for the "weapon buffs" is there a benefit for using either the axe, the scythe, or the sword? Because looking at the weapon buffs alone, Reaper's Blade is superior to Lightning Blade. Unless the intent is for Lightning Blade to be the basic beginning weapon, and then the choice turns to either Reaper's Blade(41 points) and the axe one once we get them.
    I would assume weapon damage refers to your equipped weapon and varies based upon gear. This makes weapon dps a relevant component of gearing as opposed to being completely pointless like it is at the moment. It is possible that this would mean Staffs would do better DPS than a 1h + totem. I don't see that as too much of an issue as 1h + totem generally has slightly better stats than the equivalent staff. Also Warriors need different weapons for Paragon than other souls so there is precedent.

It is quite possible that Lightning Blade is the basic buff, but given Kervik's description of it as the full damage dealing buff I would assume that the numbers need to be tweaked to make its proc more powerful than Reaper's Blade. It is also possible some abilities are only useable with certain Blade buffs active and the highest DPS ones require Lightning Blade.

I didn't notice that. Perhaps you were getting confused by the off-GCD Fireballs being cast off Eldritch Reply procs?
    Last edited by Primalthirst; 08-10-2012 at 08:46 PM.
    Nope.

I'm not excited by it.

But I am still interested.

I'm also disappointed. Yes, I wanted a tank mage soul. And did they say no warrior healing soul? Ok then..

that means I'm likely not going to have the new souls as a real 'selling point' to get me into Rift as much as before. I'll have to look elsewhere in the expansion.

If rogues get another DPS soul so help me...
    (I want a healing soul)

Rift Disciple

I didn't choose mage class to melee, so myself I'm not excited about the harbinger. Sure more variety is great but its not the play style I wanted of my mage. So I don't think it will keep me playing. This expansion has the feel to me of the devs broke the game now they want more money for them to fix it. Once that new mmo is released I am pretty sure now I will be canceling my sub.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast