+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question about Wild Growth / Flaring Power + Charge

Plane Touched

Default Question about Wild Growth / Flaring Power + Charge

Newbie mage question: Casting Wild Growth or Flaring Power requires charge.

But if WG lasts for 12s and Flaring Power lasts for 20s, what if I don't have enough charge to last the full 12/20 secs? Do I end up wasting that CD?

For example, if I have half a bar of charge and I cast FP, will it still give the raid a full 20s of AP/SP boost? For WG, with only have a bar of charge, will the 10% damage increase still last 12s with only half a bar of charge?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Juxtaposed View Post

But if WG lasts for 12s and Flaring Power lasts for 20s, what if I don't have enough charge to last the full 12/20 secs? Do I end up wasting that CD?

For example, if I have half a bar of charge and I cast FP, will it still give the raid a full 20s of AP/SP boost? For WG, with only have a bar of charge, will the 10% damage increase still last 12s with only half a bar of charge?

Thanks in advance.
    If you run out of charge both abilities will drop off.

Note that you can still build charge with either of those abilities up to keep them from dropping.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Juxtaposed View Post

Thanks in advance.
    Just to add to what Grinn said....

Mostly likely you'll never be standing around not doing anything so you'll probably never see your charge bar go down while those abilites are activated. The only situation where you might get into trouble is if you're using Power Drain in Archon or Entropic Veil in Chloro regularly since you can't build charge while they are on. I use them together but it is usually toggling them on/off because it burns thru the charge quickly and i have to watch to make sure I can turn it off in time to have enough to last the whole duration of FP and WG.

Default Charge gain

Yeah... the ''new'' tooltips really screw these newbies over. Things like being able to keep gaining charge used to be stated.

Note that while you can start with less than half a charge bar for FP or WG and still fuel it, you'll want a full bar if you're using a ChloroArchon 10 man spec and want to use them at the same time. Well, it would be really close and you'd have to tap Stream of Reclamation to fuel the charge needed without burning out.

Just for your future reference, other abilities that allow charge gain while consuming charge are:

-Defile
    -Empty the Crypts
    -Ride the Wind

I hope I'm not missing any...

And eh, if you ever find yourself to be using Reflective presence with a Bard friend in conquest (probably very rare lol), get them to fuel your Reflect with Verse of Joy to prolong it, as this ability does work like you described in your original post. Also works with Arresting presence but much less useful due to cleansing/break free.

To conclude charge gain while using charge draining skills, check out Major Charge Potions!
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

+ Reply to Thread