+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help a returning mage out, please :)

Default Help a returning mage out, please :)

Hey everyone, I just resubscribed to the game after being gone for about a year. I've looked around the guides section & gave the defilemancer spec a try & unfortunately for me I am soooo rusty that I'm only pulling about 1200-1400dps. I really don't know if thats any good these days, i'm sitting at 1400sp 1010crit. I realize that all the dot management may be causing me trouble. Is there any spec that might be easier for someone who is a tad rusty & looking to get back into raiding.?

Thanks for any help

defile, max dps max effort
    36/30 pyrolock max dps slight effort < - just spam firestorm for aoe trash, pretty simple st spam with cds
    51 warlock max dps min effort <_ a lot of fun and only 4 dots to watch which time them selves perfectly but sadly strictly a single target spec
    51 pyro max dps no effort < -- for the one handed dpser
    51 chloro max heals < - super tank heal supreme
    chlorodom pvp <- mad fun but takes guts and practice
    or 44w/22n for solo, the pvp one is good too for mainland mobs but ei is tougher

then you run out of role slots
    atm sc and high nec / ele are not really considered ' viable' for grouping and will taunt grief from pugs
    Last edited by Pixel Monkey; 08-06-2012 at 06:04 PM.
    who took my names!

Thanks for the reply Pixel, I will give 51 warlock a try.

I will also take a look into the Chlorodom spec you mentioned, I'd like to venture in this new cq feature.

It depends on your gear. Defilemancer is pointless without 4pc HK crystal

But pyrolock will do well with the blighted crystal from T1 gear. Although starting out I would try 51 Pyro, reason being is its a dumbed down version of pyrolock if you're struggling with it.
    Formerly Manwitch.... 4/4 FT 5/5 EE 3/4 GA

+ Reply to Thread