+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Defilemancer: Any tips for toggling IC?

Rift Disciple

Default Defilemancer: Any tips for toggling IC?

My DoT timers usually end up going over all the place, so they're not in blocks anymore. Then I wonder when I should be toggling IC. For example, what would you do if: DT (5s left), Defile (9s), SV (3s), CD (4s)? I'd think it would be better to recast each ASAP as soon as their timers ran out, but then you wouldn't be able to turn on IC since it's more detrimental to toggle it for just one DoT. Would I then need to keep hard-casting Fireball until two or more DoTs were ready-to-be-cast? My meter showed that's the worse way, but the first way (recasting ASAP) doesn't solve my problem of being able to use IC efficiently.

I just allow the DoTs to realign again because trying to juggle out of sync dots (esp with IC usage) will lower my DPS a lot more than waiting a few seconds. But I am terrible at mage DPS and haven't even worked in IC yet in defilemancer so take that with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by magisbladius View Post
    My DoT timers usually end up going over all the place, so they're not in blocks anymore. Then I wonder when I should be toggling IC. For example, what would you do if: DT (5s left), Defile (9s), SV (3s), CD (4s)? I'd think it would be better to recast each ASAP as soon as their timers ran out, but then you wouldn't be able to turn on IC since it's more detrimental to toggle it for just one DoT. Would I then need to keep hard-casting Fireball until two or more DoTs were ready-to-be-cast? My meter showed that's the worse way, but the first way (recasting ASAP) doesn't solve my problem of being able to use IC efficiently.
    Let SV and DT drop. Recast SV after CD. Clip Defile after SV cast. Recast DT. If that's a recurring issue, sit on dummies until solved. IMO. That's if you're trying to use the rotation, of course.
    Last edited by Matsu; 08-06-2012 at 09:38 AM.

Yea, keep those paired dots together and unbroken and you should be golden.

DT/Def
    CD/SV

So every other time you refresh CD/SV you should refresh DT/Def
    Formerly Manwitch.... 4/4 FT 5/5 EE 3/4 GA

The only time you should be breaking the FB/cd/sv and def/dt chain is if you get an Opp- Cinder proc, or countdown is close to hitting and you get an opp proc which could possibly save combust stacks.

Until you get familiar with the spec, I suggest sticking to Xano's block as much as you can. After you get the hang of things you can deviate from the block to push for more DPS. Try and keep your IC toggling as low as possible

Plane Touched

I thought that this spec worked better with a priority system rather than a 'rotation'

I try to prioritize:

LL refresh with VB
    CD
    Def
    SV
    DT

while maintaining opportunity procs for cinderburst and trying to keep combust stacks from falling off. I know that it takes a while but if you can work into a priority system more than a 'rotation' I think you're better off due to the fact that you're guaranteed to drop dots at some point.

+ Reply to Thread