+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Demonmind PvP 1.9 first video!

Shadowlander

Default Demonmind PvP 1.9 first video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZXrf...1&feature=plcp

Tell me what you guys think! First video ever, I got to lv 50 like 3 weeks ago. I am currently P26.
    My current build is Medusa's Pyro/Dom.

Any tips will be greatly appreciated!

Hi!

It's a good thing you didn't post that on pvp forums, you would have gotten flamed, the pvp forum is not a healthy place to go and to start ;), even if you told that you're a new player. You'll receive better feedback here.

It's good to see new pvp players coming still into the game!

As for the video, for me, it's still pyro/dom so squirrel fireball fireball fireball spam! As you play more, you'll develop more finesse vs other players / classes / specs, better reaction time, position etc etc etc. For example, you can control another player via your squirrel, Burning Bond another one, lockdown others, don't tunnel vision on your target!

Manage your charge bar. As 45/21 (if I remember Meduza's spec right), you won't have access to reflective presence or arresting presence. It's a full blown out fireball spam spec, as you don't get any of the ressource control abilities of Dom. That means you can only dump your charge on Internalize Charge which will boost your dmg by 20%. That makes a huge difference. I know for a full pvper (are you?), managing a charge bar is a plea but toggling it on and off a lot will boost your dmg significantly! Hey, there's actually an advantage to dps a lot in pve ;).

Personally, I'd remove 3 points from pyro (1 fiery concentration, 2 philosophy of flame) to get improved storm shackle and reflective presence (that one is incredibly OP vs casters). To everyone their own spec taste!

Good luck, good job and have fun, cheer!

PS : The last 10 seconds do not have music!
    Last edited by Effeil; 08-01-2012 at 08:02 AM.
    Effei - Seastone
    Dawn of Terror

Who needs swag when we will be in melee shredding you apart with Harbinger.

Ascendant

yeah, your charge use is really bad. you need to have internalize charge on an easy to use key. I use g but I have long fingers. btw you can trigger before a spell, start casting, then trigger off. you won't gain charge on that spell but it will get the buff.

your panning is bad. you basically don't pan. you get into trouble and die because you are not aware of where all the enemy is. pan your screen so you get a wide view.

your defensive positioning is also bad. make sure you are a hard target to hit. hide behind a rock, and/or make sure you are not the first in. you can't cast spells if you are getting hit. defensive flicker to get to said rock, or defensive flicker to keep 30m range from warriors is good. play a game with yourself.. ask of each enemy "why won't that guy or those guys target me?".. if you don't know then thye probably will target you. make sure there's a reason they shouldn't target you first.

you jump around a lot for no reason. besides making yourself more of a target (HIT ME! <jump> HIT ME!).. you also lose the damage scaler buff from glyphs of power while doing this. there is a trick to how to jump that medusa does pretty well. you jump a certain way and time your cast you can actually start casting in midair, and also usually get the damage buff by the time your cast is finished. once you get the trick down you add internalize charge triggering to it. 30% more damage is huge.

a little quip but I didn't see you finish anyone with inferno once. inferno, and especially inferno + internalize charge (+glyphs of power), is key to a mage KBs.

when I'm warlock/pyro (instant dots, survivable) I actually try to take some aggro and make their front line overextend onto me instead of our healers. since you are also a mage (blue bar) you have the capability to do this when your gear/valor is set. its a fun change of pace to see how much aggro you can soak up, and who will chase/overextend to their doom consistently.

Quote Originally Posted by ururu View Post
    btw you can trigger before a spell, start casting, then trigger off. you won't gain charge on that spell but it will get the buff.
    Wrong. You have to let it go the entire cast until the spell is in air. Your charge use must really be bad, like you keep telling him.
    Effei - Seastone
    Dawn of Terror

Plane Walker

U used to could toggle IC multiple times to get Opportunity procs, which is why i loved my dom/lock/pyro spec. That was before the PVE carebars found out and started to abuse it to kill their dragons fasters
    Ill be singing this song for my chloro til i get buffedhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JwHA495iHU
    I Xbox Controller Turn, Keyboard turners cant see me son. I Hadouken my rotations.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Effeil View Post
    Wrong. You have to let it go the entire cast until the spell is in air. Your charge use must really be bad, like you keep telling him.
    Hmm, I will test this. Don't think I've tested this mechanic since beta.

Don't play much anymore. When I do play its warlock/pyro which charge bar use is dots. So I'd say no, my charge use is not really bad! I guess luckily so, but some say luck is a skill..
    Last edited by ururu; 08-01-2012 at 09:54 AM.

Shadowlander

Hmm, I will test this. Don't think I've tested this mechanic since beta.

Don't play much anymore. When I do play its warlock/pyro which charge bar use is dots. So I'd say no, my charge use is not really bad! I guess luckily so, but some say luck is a skill..
    You were right initially. You can toggle IC off during a cast or channel. The spell receives it's buff from IC when it is cast (that is when snapshot of your stats are taken), not after the spell (like fireball) is released.

Shield of Telara

Haha nice video man! My favorite part of watching pvp vids is when you can tell the person in them is having fun, and you certainly look like your enjoying yourself.

You are still fairly new with the spec so there is a lot of room for improvement, but imo everyone can improve their game play. Two big tips I can give you that will help you early on while you fine tune your gameplay:
    1. Use a burning powerstone (Yes, I know they can be expensive but 200SP is totally worth it especially with pyro/dom)
    2. Make this macro and use it all the time (cast @self deny) it will greatly improve your survivability

My fav part is def when you killed Zaros haha was soo good. I am still waiting for the day someone puts me in a pvp after they own me lol. Luckily, I still have been sneaky enough to stay out of them.

GL with your vids man and keep pushing yourself as a mage!

Quote Originally Posted by Knaet View Post
    You were right initially. You can toggle IC off during a cast or channel. The spell receives it's buff from IC when it is cast (that is when snapshot of your stats are taken), not after the spell (like fireball) is released.
    AFAIK that only works on channels. For casted spells the snapshot is taken at the end of the cast.

Shadowlander

Default Awesome!

Guys thanks for all your positive feedback and suggestions! I am currently trying to apply everything you guys have suggested to perform better! I am just still p27 so I think thats why I get down pretty fast.

I just need to get use to this spec and giving my fullest in Warfronts!

P.S : Effei I have talked to u multiple times, thanks for your tips, but try not to own me so fast in WF :P

Quote Originally Posted by Demonmind View Post
    Guys thanks for all your positive feedback and suggestions! I am currently trying to apply everything you guys have suggested to perform better! I am just still p27 so I think thats why I get down pretty fast.

I just need to get use to this spec and giving my fullest in Warfronts!

P.S : Effei I have talked to u multiple times, thanks for your tips, but try not to own me so fast in WF :P
    ^^

You killed Quiescent, you should troll him :P
    Effei - Seastone
    Dawn of Terror

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Effeil View Post
    ^^

You killed Quiescent, you should troll him :P
    Who is he ? O.o ? LOL Anyways is there any other suggestions you might have for me ?

Lol don't worry, he will peak in and post something. He's an annoying MM/RS that needs to be killed to death

I think the most obvious points were discussed, you'll see with internalize charge usage, your fireballs will do 200-250 more dmg. Since you're specced for flamebolts, if you have the opportunity, you can open with flamebolt - countdown - squirrel - fireball spam. Countdown is a VERY good skill to do timed burst and opening with flamebolt will give you 10% more dmg on your upcoming fireballs.

As far as I see, you're using a macro with flamebolt and inferno on top of it? You should have those keys unmacroed. Inferno has this little ability of creating macro lags, and sometimes you do not wish to use inferno as soon as your target hits 30% hp. If you don't have to move, don't move, else you lose 10% dmg!

Like Fates said (the guy who plays every classes in game, I call this prostitution ), Deny is a very powerful tool to use.
    Effei - Seastone
    Dawn of Terror

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    AFAIK that only works on channels. For casted spells the snapshot is taken at the end of the cast.
    Ahhhhhhhhh!

Although it's been some time, I think this is the error i made in testing.. well, I will test next time I'm actually playing and not just trolling the forums

Ahhhhhhhhh!

Although it's been some time, I think this is the error i made in testing.. well, I will test next time I'm actually playing and not just trolling the forums
    I thought you really had dark green skin, lived under a rock in a cavern and covered from sunlight
    Effei - Seastone
    Dawn of Terror

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast