+ Reply to Thread

Thread: good dps build for....!!

Telaran

Default good dps build for....!!

hey everyone, i made a come back on rift(after almost 7-8 months stopped) and i was wonder about a good build to use for 5 man dungeons... raid... ect... i tried to check for some but i would really have your opinion here on my post so

-a very good spec for 5 mans dungeons(dps andhealer)

-a very good spec for raid(dps and healer)

i dont want to start pvp yet, im only looking for PVE actually

TY!

Prophet of Telara BrownsMageNerfDelivery's Avatar

World Best
    AT LEAST 20 MOTHER****ERS TRIED TO BAN ME BUT I'M STILL HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by Gile View Post
    We do not want to carry you like GO had to for SO So go kill yourself
    I GOT 99 PROBLEMS BUT A BAN AIN'T ONE

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by BrownsMageNerfDelivery View Post
    i remember this guys 8-9 months ago, he was writting really nice guide for the mage, anyone would have a dps 5 man or raid build for me? would be appreciate

p.s btw ty for your link brown!!!

There are a few good DPS builds, but they all involve using Pyromancer and Warlock to one degree or another. In order of ease to play from easiest to hardest (which is also the relative DPS potential from lowest to highest), they are as follows:

51pt Warlock (See Xeno's guide)

51pt Pyromancer (51 Pyro/15 Lock/0 Archon - you can find guides, but they give differing builds and sometimes poor advice. The build I've linked is what I've found does the best DPS for me.)

36/30 or 35/31 Pyro/Lock (36/30 - no Firestorm, 36/30 - with Firestorm, 35/31. Again, I don't see any great guides for this atm, but check them out anyway for some info.)

38/28 Lock/Pyro (Defilemancer - See Shaeyl's guide)

There are also other builds using other souls that are fun to play and useable in dungeons and tier 1 raids, but they tend not to be viable in tier 2 raids and onwards, or only get used in niche situations. For example SC/Pyro, SC/Ele, and so on.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Lalothen View Post
    There are a few good DPS builds, but they all involve using Pyromancer and Warlock to one degree or another. In order of ease to play from easiest to hardest (which is also the relative DPS potential from lowest to highest), they are as follows:

51pt Pyromancer (51 Pyro/15 Lock/0 Archon - you can find guides, but they give differing builds and sometimes poor advice. The build I've linked is what I've found does the best DPS for me.)

36/30 or 35/31 Pyro/Lock (36/30 - no Firestorm, 36/30 - with Firestorm, 35/31. Again, I don't see any great guides for this atm, but check them out anyway for some info.)

38/28 Lock/Pyro (Defilemancer - See Shaeyl's guide)

There are also other builds using other souls that are fun to play and useable in dungeons and tier 1 raids, but they tend not to be viable in tier 2 raids and onwards, or only get used in niche situations. For example SC/Pyro, SC/Ele, and so on.
    ty for your post, appreciate it

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Lalothen View Post

Just starting out i would recomend you using one of these 2. Both are decent dps although warlock might give you a little practice in DoT management before you start tryinf the more complex builds.

@Lalothen, I'm curious why you would choose to put 2 points in hp rather than take the 2% fire damage across the board from Archon. My personal choice is to use 51 pyro 10 lock 5 archon but each to their own i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Pett View Post
    @Lalothen, I'm curious why you would choose to put 2 points in hp rather than take the 2% fire damage across the board from Archon. My personal choice is to use 51 pyro 10 lock 5 archon but each to their own i guess.
    Oops! Brain-fart moment.

Yes 51/13/2 - no points in Vitality, 2/5 Soul Fire.

Thanks for the catch there.

sc/pyro is great for 5 mans
    Zykey Mage - 8/8 ID, 4/4 PF
    Zykelot Cleric - 8/8 ID, 4/4 PF

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhemo View Post
    sc/pyro is great for 5 mans
    This, I love running sc/pyro in 5mans, it has amazing AoE with good ST all in one spec. You have Flicker and can spec into ride with the wind to keep up on the fast-paced runs. Overall its a pretty fun spec to play, lots of big #'s floating around and not as demanding as say a 38/28 spec.

Unfortunately it has no real use outside of 5mans and Raid-Trash
    Last edited by Hadezz; 08-01-2012 at 06:21 AM.

Telaran

ty for all your answer, its appreciate!!!! for the 5 man SC/pyro? any guide where to put points exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by rugglee View Post
    ty for all your answer, its appreciate!!!! for the 5 man SC/pyro? any guide where to put points exactly?
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...e-pve-dps.html

I have used this build even in a couple raid fights where AoE is needed and we're low on warriors.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 08-02-2012 at 06:42 AM.

+ Reply to Thread