+ Reply to Thread

Thread: mage PA lvls?

Rift Disciple

Default mage PA lvls?

As a staff pvp mage would it be best to go full WAR t1 or best to split up through all T1's and get staff/wand SP and int?

you will split over most anyway since there are 1032 levels of PA ;)
    Sotiria, GM of Fade Legion.. Founder of Covenant(Argent)
    pew pew rogue
    4/4, 2/4, 1/5

Rift Disciple

well obviously im asking first and foremost..

Quote Originally Posted by _Low View Post
    well obviously im asking first and foremost..
    you never know someone knowledge up front
    If you focus solely on PvP, I would go for WAR.
    Sotiria, GM of Fade Legion.. Founder of Covenant(Argent)
    pew pew rogue
    4/4, 2/4, 1/5

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by NearioNL View Post
    you never know someone knowledge up front
    If you focus solely on PvP, I would go for WAR.
    Focusing on PvP, i wouldnt be using a staff.....

I would also cap out the war tree then try split evenly between SP and endurance.

Rift Disciple

Why wouldn't u use a staff? What's the advantage of a book and sword?

Ascendant

Why wouldn't u use a staff? What's the advantage of a book and sword?
    stat totals.. staff is more int/crit/sp, book & sword more endurance. I used to have these somewhere but lost them. you should calculate and decide which one you like.

a small advantage if you use sword+book --you can use spellpower runes on one, and the tiny amount of focus you need in pvp on the other. its nice to have the capability to split your stats in such a manner. (note : int is probably better in pvp than spellpower until you get to higher levels of gear).

the main advantage -- before 1.9 you can get 200sp burning powerstone on MH, and no-longer-available vengeance buff for the OH. lots of people saved up tons of favor and bought bunches of these before they got wiped in 1.9.

personally I would go with whatever you have already bought. there's too many things you can buy with favor to bother with the cost of switching out now.
    Last edited by ururu; 07-31-2012 at 01:27 PM.

Rift Disciple

I suggest splitting out and buying up as many cheap points as possible also focusing on getting your SP done. After that then pick a tree and finish it. It may seem overwhelming but just keep chipping it eventually you will finish it cause it does have a end. As a max PA mage now 2h staff gives me about 8 more sp while book and sword gives me about 100 more hp, but I also have a stack of 120 wrath spikes so sword and book means more vengeance to me also.

Rift Chaser

As a staff pvp mage would it be best to go full WAR t1 or best to split up through all T1's and get staff/wand SP and int?
    Focusing on PVP

I'd get all the Green and Red hexes from War than go for Staff > Wand > Int > End > Wis

Earth would probably be your best point investment at the start as it gives Staff, wand and Endurance.

It is better to split up points throughout tier 1 and than worry about t2, usually it is also more beneficial to skip over Int/Wis hex and go for straight +SP, remember its 2 int or 2 wis for 1 SP, so a +2Sp Staff hex is same as 4 +1 int/wis hexes.

Rift Magelo has a great planar attunement calculator, i'd suggest playing around with it for a bit and seeing which would be the most efficient path for you to take.
    Last edited by Hadezz; 08-01-2012 at 07:38 AM.

+ Reply to Thread