+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Pure AoE build.

  1. #1
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    81

    Default Pure AoE build.

    Hi,

    Aside from my other topics I need your advice on, how to spend my talent points to get the highest aoe damage output.

    For clearing trash in HK/ID I use SC-Pyro-Chloro. Works perfectly, yesterday I beat my record - pulled 12-12,6k on mobs before Aky.

    But... I want more. I want to eat warriors, clerics, rogues, other mages... basically, everyone.

    Pyro 25 points.
    SC 28 points.
    Chloro 13 points. - let's stop here, what 3rd soul should I pick to increase my dmg even more? Or maybe it's better to spend those 13 points between pyro/sc, huh?

  2. #2
    RIFT Guide Writer TheGrinnz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    10,817

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mejaia View Post
    Hi,

    Aside from my other topics I need your advice on, how to spend my talent points to get the highest aoe damage output.

    For clearing trash in HK/ID I use SC-Pyro-Chloro. Works perfectly, yesterday I beat my record - pulled 12-12,6k on mobs before Aky.

    But... I want more. I want to eat warriors, clerics, rogues, other mages... basically, everyone.

    Pyro 25 points.
    SC 28 points.
    Chloro 13 points. - let's stop here, what 3rd soul should I pick to increase my dmg even more? Or maybe it's better to spend those 13 points between pyro/sc, huh?
    35/31 SC/Pyro - you want improved Glyphs of Power and all of the bonuses to stormcaller's spell damage.

    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...e-pve-dps.html

    0 Archon as third soul for same reasons as in any other dps spec.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 07-30-2012 at 09:15 AM.

  3. #3
    Ascendant Inixia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,365

    Default

    If you're going for trash aoe I would also recommend sc/ele (35/31 imo). Learn to maximize your intensify elements/static discharge cooldowns, and just have general awareness of electrifieds/hypos/mob counts and you can get really high numbers on some pulls
    Last edited by Inixia; 07-30-2012 at 10:46 AM.

  4. #4
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    81

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inixia View Post
    If you're going for trash aoe I would also recommend sc/ele (35/31 imo). Learn to maximize your intensify elements/static discharge cooldowns, and just have general awareness of electrifieds/hypos/mob counts and you can get really high numbers on some pulls
    SC-Ele, I heard something about it. Could you link me build ?

  5. #5
    Ascendant Inixia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mejaia View Post
    SC-Ele, I heard something about it. Could you link me build ?
    sure , something like http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z....V0VA0Ahzrz.-7
    its an old build but one that is still useful imo

  6. #6
    Prophet of Telara BrownsMageNerfDelivery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,149

    Default

    Ah, SC/Ele, the good ole days of Building Storm.

    Only issue with 35 SC/31 Ele would be the lack of mana regen. SC/Pyro has no mana regen either, but you have Glyphs, so you regen mana faster.

    I actually think there might be a better SC build that's deeper SC for pure AoE, but I have long forgotten the build and the justification behind it.

    World Best
    AT LEAST 20 MOTHER****ERS TRIED TO BAN ME BUT I'M STILL HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by Gile View Post
    We do not want to carry you like GO had to for SO So go kill yourself
    I GOT 99 PROBLEMS BUT A BAN AIN'T ONE

  7. #7
    Ascendant Inixia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrownsMageNerfDelivery View Post
    Ah, SC/Ele, the good ole days of Building Storm.

    Only issue with 35 SC/31 Ele would be the lack of mana regen. SC/Pyro has no mana regen either, but you have Glyphs, so you regen mana faster.

    I actually think there might be a better SC build that's deeper SC for pure AoE, but I have long forgotten the build and the justification behind it.
    yea the lack of channeled elements is weird at first coming from some of the first sc/ele builds, but honestly if you have potions on hand and you time them well its never really a problem. I figure if he's mostly going for short term fights sc/ele would come in handy because it peaks out higher than sc/pyro with the cooldowns.
    Speaking of glyphs I've experimented with dropping some of sc for the 6 in pyro too, its actually the most I've sustained in an aoe build on the three testing dummies, but I don't prefer it over the previous build (the drop in sd and some stdps). Although I get the feeling dummy parses don't compare sc/ele to sc/pyro well imo, I have a feeling sc/pyro benefits more from raid support, mostly on cast time reductions of forked lightning and hypo spells.
    Last edited by Inixia; 07-30-2012 at 10:44 PM.

  8. #8
    Ascendant Ianto Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inixia View Post
    yea the lack of channeled elements is weird at first coming from some of the first sc/ele builds, but honestly if you have potions on hand and you time them well its never really a problem. I figure if he's mostly going for short term fights sc/ele would come in handy because it peaks out higher than sc/pyro with the cooldowns.
    Speaking of glyphs I've experimented with dropping some of sc for the 6 in pyro too, its actually the most I've sustained in an aoe build on the three testing dummies, but I don't prefer it over the previous build (the drop in sd and some stdps). Although I get the feeling dummy parses don't compare sc/ele to sc/pyro well imo, I have a feeling sc/pyro benefits more from raid support, mostly on cast time reductions of forked lightning and hypo spells.
    SC/Ele still beats SC/Pyro with raid buffs.

  9. #9
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    81

    Default

    Sc/Ele vs SC/Pyro. No problem guys, no need to argue which build is better.

    I will do some experiments, I will try my best using both. Yesterday I was training my AoE rotation on SC/Pyro - 3 dummies, 2060sp, 5,2-5-5k dps.

    I'm in Conq now (domi ftw... ZZZzzzzzZzzzZZ), after that, I'll respec my Sc/Pyro to Sc/Ele, do some parses and post results here.

    My next HK guild run will be on Thursday, there I will try both builds on 10 mobs and post results here as well.

    EDIT

    PS.
    Guys, in raids, you don't have to worry about mana regen. Don't forget that in raids you have archon + potions.
    Last edited by Mejaia; 07-31-2012 at 01:05 AM.

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple Mayhemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mejaia View Post
    PS.
    Guys, in raids, you don't have to worry about mana regen. Don't forget that in raids you have archon + potions.
    Actually it can be a problem with the mobs that drag you in on upper hk as there are some mana draining mobs in the packs (forget what they are called). Its ok for a bit as you can quickly flicker out if you use sc/pyro, but some tanks just like to pull all the trash in one long chain pull and you end up staring at an empty mana bar ;)
    Last edited by Mayhemo; 07-31-2012 at 01:11 AM.
    Zykey Mage - 8/8 ID, 4/4 PF
    Zykelot Cleric - 8/8 ID, 4/4 PF

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts