+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Defilemancer problem.

Telaran

Default Defilemancer problem.

Hi guys, again me.

Till yesterday I was using 36/30 pyrolock for ST Dps. Easy rotation, not the worst dps.
    But... I read that there is a build, Defilemancer that can beat 36/30 in parses. So I retrained one of my souls; today went to a training yard and start hitting dummies. Well...

36/30 -> 2,3 - 2,6k
    Defilemancer -> 2,4 - 2,5k

It should be like that? Or maybe I just need more "experience" in using defi rotation?

Stats:
    4hk pieces.
    Pyro/Warlock crystals.
    2060 SP (with powerstone)
    1081 Spell Crit

Do this to start.

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...dps-guide.html

Once you get a feel for it, you can adjust as needed.

Just need to practice the rotation more.

Quote Originally Posted by mo0trix View Post
    Just need to practice the rotation more.
    Don't call it a rotation since that gives people the wrong idea on what to do.

With 1850 spellpower or so i get around 2700 to maybe 2800 with good RNG and i need practice with it, so yes you just need to study the concept of defile and what you are required to do, then practice using it.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Aguni View Post
    Hehe, yeah, I know, it's more about watching and refreshing dots than using hard rotation.

30 minutes of hitting dummy, stable 2,5k. (shaeryls guide). Going to try put IC in right moments now.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by InflatablePanda View Post
    With 1850 spellpower or so i get around 2700 to maybe 2800 with good RNG and i need practice with it, so yes you just need to study the concept of defile and what you are required to do, then practice using it.
    How is it even possible, you reach 2,7k on dummy wth only 1850SP ? You got 1,85k sp with or without power stone?

This used to be true, but now they made all dots 8 or 16 seconds, you can use a hard rotation, so that all dots are re-applied just as they end.

Openning:
    Flamebolt -> SL-D -> CD-> SV -> LL -> DFL -> DT -> Void -> Spam FB Macro -> CD -> SV -> Void -> Spam FB Macro

Main Rotation:

IC (ON) -> CD -> SV -> DFL -> IC (OFF) -> DT -> Void -> Spam FB Macro -> IC (ON) -> CD -> SV -> IC (OFF) -> Void -> Spam FB Macro
    IC (ON) CD -> SV -> DFL -> DT -> SL-D -> Void -> Spam FB Macro -> CD -> SV -> Void -> Spam FB Macro

On Opportunity Proc's try and use Cinder Burst and when that's on cool down use Fireball.

Use inferno as required past 30%.

Quote Originally Posted by Mejaia View Post
    How is it even possible, you reach 2,7k on dummy wth only 1850SP ? You got 1,85k sp with or without power stone?
    That sounds about right to me although I haven't parsed much recently due to the horrible lag in sanctum on Icewatch :/
    Zykey Mage - 8/8 ID, 4/4 PF
    Zykelot Cleric - 8/8 ID, 4/4 PF

[QUOTE=Tyrexas;3901300]This used to be true, but now they made all dots 8 or 16 seconds, you can use a hard rotation, so that all dots are re-applied just as they end.

Openning:
    Flamebolt -> SL-D -> CD-> SV -> LL -> DFL -> DT -> Void -> Spam FB Macro -> CD -> SV -> Void -> Spam FB Macro

Main Rotation:

IC (ON) -> CD -> SV -> DFL -> IC (OFF) -> DT -> Void -> Spam FB Macro -> IC (ON) -> CD -> SV -> IC (OFF) -> Void -> Spam FB Macro
    IC (ON) CD -> SV -> DFL -> DT -> SL-D -> Void -> Spam FB Macro -> CD -> SV -> Void -> Spam FB Macro

On Opportunity Proc's try and use Cinder Burst and when that's on cool down use Fireball.

Cinderburst doesn't proc combust though...Which is a dot as well and just as important, especially for increased countdown damage.
    I want to see the light leave your eyes
    Feeling your breath on my lips one last time
    I want to see the light leave your eyes.
    Feeling your breath for the last time.
    God rest your soul is mine....

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by utterchaos View Post
    Cinderburst doesn't proc combust though...Which is a dot as well and just as important, especially for increased countdown damage.
    It's still a dps gain. If you manage your combust well, you have no excuse not to use cinderburst on opportunity proccs.

Practise makes perfect, I used to be just like you, now im getting roughly 2.9k with about 2k SP, completely average, but im happy with it!
    Sketch @ Icewatch
    Uxorai @ Icewatch
    Zey @ Icewatch

Telaran

2,5-2,7k, I think it's not the worst dps in history.

Thanks for replies, I will keep practicing.

+ Reply to Thread