+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PvP Sigil; Vengeance or Valor?

Default PvP Sigil; Vengeance or Valor?

I'm going to be starting my PvP sigil soon, and was wondering what mages who know what's what prefer for their sigil? Looking at them it's either an extra 2% damage reduction or an extra 10 ability dps/hps, so it seems rather minor but ya never know.

valour all the way

Prophet of Telara BrownsMageNerfDelivery's Avatar

Valor.

Though we don't have any SP modifiers, the scaling issues with Vengeance make it just...meh.

World Best
    AT LEAST 20 MOTHER****ERS TRIED TO BAN ME BUT I'M STILL HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by Gile View Post
    We do not want to carry you like GO had to for SO So go kill yourself
    I GOT 99 PROBLEMS BUT A BAN AIN'T ONE

Righto. Thanks guys.

If you're playing anything with pyro, I don't see why you wouldn't take vengeance. Sure, it doesn't scale with Acumen (that would be nice) or some of our other skills but It's just extra killing power in general. You shouldn't be face tanking things as a mage anyway, and around 50% mitigation (which you can get from runes, trinket, gear, PA's) will let you take more than enough hits. Better to try and stack killing power so most mid-range enemies can be blown away in 2-3 GCD's and higher rank players can be dealt with quicker with assist targeting.

http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

I agree with Screamo, In my pvp gear im siting at 2350sp with 441 vengance and 50% mit.

However when I pyrochloro i use my valor/end sigil so i have upwards of 12k health and 55% mit.

Agree with pyro...vengeance. YOu are a mage so you are likely playing pyro lol.

I just can't stand playing ****ing conquest anymore...so my valor will have to do.

Ascendant

both? pick the one appropriate for the situation.

if you have to choose one or the other -- valor because the more you have the more effective it is. it is somewhat exponential/additive.

Rift Disciple

It depends on how survivable you are. If you are max gear and high pa then vengeance all the way. But if you are low rank low valor low pa then get every stinking bit of valor you can get your hands on. I'm a max geared max pa mage and I'm now in the process of setting up my vengeance sigil cause my survivability is much less of a prob now with you p50 gear, I'm at 9.8k hp in a pure dps build.

+ Reply to Thread