+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fine tuning my chloro-ing

dbe
    General of Telara

Default Fine tuning my chloro-ing

Just a few questions.

What are the final numbers for LGV and LBV with a 51 build?

How much are the "bonus" heals from void life and nature's touch? Are they only in effect when LBV is active?

Why do people say SoR is crap? It's my highest dps spell. With my current spell power, it does about 30% more damage than void life over the same time period.

Am I correct that this is the highest aoe healing rotation (not including ruin): alternate VS and VL, and use NF on cooldown?

For highest tank healing, is VL spam better than alternating VS/VL? This would depend on the bonus heal from VL and if it outweighed the first tick of VS.

Finally, does the item Hailstone Tideshard have any use for mage healing? The wording makes it sound like it only works on direct heals.

Thanks.

void life ticks an extra heal on your synth holder whereas SoL can get 5% more RS output
    depends if your tanks hurting or the group, if someone gives u **** let them die.
    you will see what heals for more and when and you will decide, cant say i really use SoL myself but cant say ive not used it either, VL is easy and keeps an overheal flowing so i dont even bother with it mostly
    afaik all lessers is better than any greater atm
    the questions about numbers is a pure gear check.

cast Ruin
    cast Radiant Spores *-cut to VL for 1.7 then drop NT when at 5 stacks
    cast Vile Spores *---only if u can get away with it for dot ticks before moving to VL
    cast Withering Vine *-run and gun tab and tag everything a you go, id prolly use corrosion too if the tanks chainpulling

and if you wnt to get tricky

cast [notactive] Entropic Veil
    cast Void Life

and jus pwn it like the pyro and archon toggle
    but i wldnt recommend it as a fixed VL key i jus do it to keep tedium at bay
    biggest aoe heal, well theres WG NS and bloom lol
    chloros spend more time in the overheal dept than the panic room
    Last edited by Pixel Monkey; 07-27-2012 at 07:53 PM.
    who took my names!

The rotation is a point that is often debated, you could read my replys toward the end of the chloromancer guide post on the mage guide forum if you want to see what I mean. The best rotation will also depend on your exact spec and gear. I would argue that if you have hk 4set and a 51 chloro build that vl/nt/vs is best unless you need to save nt for burst, then just spam vl.

As far as Hailstone Tideshard and other absorb items they are definately worth it imo. There's only 1 heal that a chloro casts that does not proc it, and that is radiant spores. Every tick of veil, every flourish, bloom, essence surge, etc... can proc it. I would say its better for raid healing than tank healing though, so if for some reason healing the tank is significantly more important than healing the raid then it would not be an improvement.

As far as SoR veil treats it as a dot, which means that only the very first tick procs healing from veil, the only real reason to use it imo is if you think you can time it correctly to give your radiant spores a boost when big healing would be needed, but I'd argue that using a properly timed Nature's Touch and Flourish would do a better job.

dbe
    General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by NecromancerLord View Post
    As far as SoR veil treats it as a dot, which means that only the very first tick procs healing from veil
    Ah that makes sense.

SoR is completely useless in my opinion. only thing you can use it for is to boost your charge if you need to run a AP rotation.

for raid healing i still use a 51 chloro spec. as long as you dont button mash void life you can have a solid healing rotation. i use void life to stack up my natures touch and just refresh here and there and keep it for movement and heavy burst heals. other than that is mostly casting vile spores and keeping radiant spores up if your on duty for that. In a raid setting i rarely use withering vine.

Prophet of Telara BrownsMageNerfDelivery's Avatar

Despite what NecromancerLord says, managing GCDs efficiently to have minimal loss for VL > VS > VL is not difficult once you are used to not spamming. It requires practice to not spam though (but .3 seconds lost on reaction time is not reasonable UNLESS you are spamming keys).

But SoR is crap. It's supposed to be a dot, but it's not actually a dot -- instead of healing off initial application and first tick, it only heals off initial application).

Shielding greaters are only worth it if you have multiple raid healers running them (otherwise you lack sufficient raid-wide coverage).

World Best
    AT LEAST 20 MOTHER****ERS TRIED TO BAN ME BUT I'M STILL HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by Gile View Post
    We do not want to carry you like GO had to for SO So go kill yourself
    I GOT 99 PROBLEMS BUT A BAN AIN'T ONE

Quote Originally Posted by dbe View Post
    Just a few questions.

What are the final numbers for LGV and LBV with a 51 build?
    140% LGV
    70% LBV
    I believe it is around 150% on whomever you cast Synthesis upon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocant View Post
    How much are the "bonus" heals from void life and nature's touch? Are they only in effect when LBV is active?
    Nature's touch uses a 200% bonus I believe.
    Void life heals for 110% and then an additional 90%
    [QUOTE=Rocant;3897848]
    Why do people say SoR is crap? It's my highest dps spell. With my current spell power, it does about 30% more damage than void life over the same time period.[/qote]

Stream of reclamation heals on the first tick only, does not possess the same bonus as Void life, and unlike void life, only the first tick will trigger any proc based abilities.

Am I correct that this is the highest aoe healing rotation (not including ruin): alternate VS and VL, and use NF on cooldown?[/quote
    No idea.
    Long as you aren't spamming voidlife you should be maximizing healing efficiently.
    For highest tank healing, is VL spam better than alternating VS/VL? This would depend on the bonus heal from VL and if it outweighed the first tick of VS.
    It is better to alternate IMO

Finally, does the item Hailstone Tideshard have any use for mage healing? The wording makes it sound like it only works on direct heals.
    LGV/LBV are counted so it will proc on anyone who is touched by those heals.
    Direct healing based essence/trinkets will say so.

Don't use a "rotation" or macros. Raid healing is predictive and your spells have travel time. That said it depends on the situation -- you'll always want a 51 Chloro in your raid to heal your tank, but if you already have a 51 Chloro adding another that is going to be exclusively raid healing is inefficient. There are Chloro builds that do better for that purpose both in terms of persistent heal output and DPS (and they're easier to play than 51 Chloro anyway).

Shielding would be nice if you could direct where it goes, but you can't. Generally a 51 Chloro will be primarily focused on a tank and with the way tank damage is in this game combined with the awesome scaling of SP for Mages, shielding is not worth it. Tideshards and trinkets proc on over-heals and since you are always hitting multiple targets your shields are effectively superfluous. Raid-wipe uptime will be poor.
    Last edited by Ianto Jones; 07-28-2012 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    snip
    The use of shielding greaters can be helpful if A) enough people are running them and B) there is consistently high raid damage that may potentially be one-shotting people.

If enough people run them, even on overheals, the shields can provide a bonus to effective HP across the raid, which gives people a little more wiggle room to get out of fire on the ground or cleansers to cleanse. But this buffer is really only effective if enough raid healers are running them to statistically improve the chance of everyone receiving at least one (if not two) shielding procs.

As for "rotations," VL > VS > VL is a good start for raid healing as 51 (assuming you have to tank heal at some point and then move to raid heals), but it is indeed reactive. The point of the alternation is to allow the first tick of VS to heal while building/maintaining 5 stacks of the 4 pc crystal bonus so NT is in reserve. But the real key is managing travel time, which does not require a physics degree (or any calculations of the travel time using Newtonian physics equations, fortunately) -- just a bit of practice.

World Best

Quote Originally Posted by BrownsMageNerfDelivery View Post
    The use of shielding greaters can be helpful if A) enough people are running them and B) there is consistently high raid damage that may potentially be one-shotting people.
    Indeed.

Doing HK with people who have no water resist? NP! Just have your chloro (or any healers) running with 2 shielding greaters and token of warding. Your HPS might look a little bit worse but really the shielding items are brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by mo0trix View Post
    Indeed.

Doing HK with people who have no water resist? NP! Just have your chloro (or any healers) running with 2 shielding greaters and token of warding. Your HPS might look a little bit worse but really the shielding items are brilliant.
    Shhhhh, I did Ituziel on my rogue with only fire resist runes and people still took more damage than me...

World Best

+ Reply to Thread