+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Countdown

Shadowlander

Default Countdown

Quick question that I hope someone can answer as I have not found anything conclusive after a cursory look at our forums.

1) When modifiers are applied to DoT (such as the 10% from flamebolt) I always assumed that it was when the DoT was cast (snap shot of stats and all). However, I am seeing that some people are thinking that modifiers for countdown (or at least combust ticks) are applied at the point where it damages... did anyone test this for this specific spell to figure out which is true?

My desktop (which I play on) is down so I cannot test anything myself.
    Last edited by Knaet; 07-26-2012 at 07:29 AM.

Shadowlander

Ascendant

Combust ticks count when Countdown expires for sure. I believe the +% dmg modifiers (like improved flame bolt and IC/SLD) count when Countdown is cast since thats how it works with AE's (easily tested by casting Fire Storm once without anything then cast it with IC on, click IC off once channel is started).

Countdown modifiers are applied when you first apply Countdown, not when it ticks, as far as I remembered and tested.
    Effei - Seastone
    Dawn of Terror

Who needs swag when we will be in melee shredding you apart with Harbinger.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Effeil View Post
    Countdown modifiers are applied when you first apply Countdown, not when it ticks, as far as I remembered and tested.
    This is correct. This is the reason for toggling IC on and off because dots take a snapshot of when you cast them.

Will smith best rapper 2013 #SWAG

Shadowlander

It seems that I am getting conflicting feedback. Everyone seems to agree that at least everything but combust ticks count on the inital cast.

But what about the 15% for combust stacks? Some are saying that EVERYTHING is applied initially. Some (not just here) do not agree.

Has anyone tested that variable specifically?
    Last edited by Knaet; 07-26-2012 at 10:52 AM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Knaet View Post
    It seems that I am getting conflicting feedback. Everyone seems to agree that at least everything but combust ticks count on the inital cast.

But what about the 15% for combust stacks? Some are saying that EVERYTHING is applied initially. Some (not just here) do not agree.

Has anyone tested that variable specifically?
    The more stacks of combust when countdown ticks the more damage it does. So 3 stacks when it explodes = max damage, does not matter when it is first cast as far as i know. The inital cast modified by a snapshot of your SP/Procs/damage modifiers. Hope this clears somethings up.

Will smith best rapper 2013 #SWAG

Shadowlander

It does, thanks so much!

+ Reply to Thread