+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: NecroLock

Default NecroLock

Yes, I know- used for leveling. I'd really like to see this spec stronger though, and the DoTs buffed. It's my spec of choice and while I do very well with it, I'd like to see it tweaked. I know that not all specs can be equal, and I really like how the rotation is more or less is situational, but I'd love to see the spec just a bit more viable in raids.

As I said, I know the spec extremely well, and I do raid with it to no complaints, but a buff, especially to DoTs would be grand.

Edit: I do have other specs at the ready depending on the instance I'm in, including a nice Chloro, but I consider NecroLock my main which is why I'm posting about it in particular.
    Last edited by ilex011; 07-25-2012 at 01:25 PM.

Soulwalker

I agree completly. Necrolock has such a nice 'feeling' in it and I hate to being forced to respec into Pyromancer later on.

Plane Walker

Since I wasnt even using this spec when I lvld I wonder what spells are so unique about this spec? Isnt it like 51 warlock but with a bigger pet? I mean u wanted better dots, when life leech and necrosis are the 2 best dots in the game.

But Im just wondering are any spells like unique for the spec? Otherwise u could just try 51 lock with some points in necro for necrosis buff and a nice little pet .

Quote Originally Posted by mr3onion View Post
    Since I wasnt even using this spec when I lvld I wonder what spells are so unique about this spec? Isnt it like 51 warlock but with a bigger pet? I mean u wanted better dots, when life leech and necrosis are the 2 best dots in the game.

But Im just wondering are any spells like unique for the spec? Otherwise u could just try 51 lock with some points in necro for necrosis buff and a nice little pet .
    Soul Purge, aka pretty much a super-heal for you and your pet that you can continuously use as long as you have charge. Makes necro pretty damn survivable while leveling.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 07-26-2012 at 06:42 AM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    Soul Purge, aka pretty much a super-heal for you and your pet that you can continuously use as long as you have charge. Makes necro pretty damn survivable while leveling.
    Wrong question then :P
    I meant, in a dps rotation and not for self healing

Ascendant

pets dont scale in pvp or pve. the end

Quote Originally Posted by ururu View Post
    pets dont scale in pvp or pve. the end
    Not quite, the top ranged spec for rogues is Ranger, a pet soul. A Beastmaster, the warrior pet soul, is brought along in some ID raid comps for the damage buff it brings the raid and because its own damage isn't that bad either. If it's simply a case of the character doing almost all of the damage with the pet being a minor chunk, then I really see no reason that the same can't be done for the other pet souls which is I believe what the OP wants; the ability to use a pet soul beyond leveling and soloing.

Warriors and Rogues can use pet souls in the highest tier raid, why should we have to abandon ours at the first? After all we have two of the damn things, one ought to be viable.

Quote Originally Posted by mr3onion View Post
    Wrong question then :P
    I meant, in a dps rotation and not for self healing
    Soul purge.

Ascendant

Their DoT's should be scaled, and no one at Trion has even bothered to address this.

Their pets are their biggest DoT, and while true , leveling is great with the Necro/Lock, they should not be forced to be left at the door for PvP nor Raids - Trion should be doing something about this.

Soul Purge is nice, but once you hit groups of level 50 elites and more, it can get to be Feign death, and pray none of them got you with a DoT.

Everything about the role is for the solo player leveling, however, all those DoT's are a waste if not being scaled to bring the spec up to Raid worthy - we also have some DD's (which could be scaled) , and mixing in some chloro your healers can basically just let us deal with adding to dps.

Think about it.
    Last edited by Chaszar; 07-26-2012 at 01:28 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Gehrgontra View Post
    Not quite, the top ranged spec for rogues is Ranger, a pet soul. A Beastmaster, the warrior pet soul, is brought along in some ID raid comps for the damage buff it brings the raid and because its own damage isn't that bad either. If it's simply a case of the character doing almost all of the damage with the pet being a minor chunk, then I really see no reason that the same can't be done for the other pet souls which is I believe what the OP wants; the ability to use a pet soul beyond leveling and soloing.

Warriors and Rogues can use pet souls in the highest tier raid, why should we have to abandon ours at the first? After all we have two of the damn things, one ought to be viable.
    this is the mage forums and a question on necrolock. why did you write a multi paragraph response on other classes pets?

mage pets dont scale in pvp or pve. the end.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    *pft* The chloros have some spell that does what my soul purge does X3 or so... And soul purge is supposed to be our strongest spell... Ha!
    The necromancer spells and pets must get stronger!

*natural splendor
    The necromancer spells and pets must get stronger!

Quote Originally Posted by Pera View Post
    *natural splendor
    Natural Splendor has a huge cooldown and against 1 target it doesn't do crap compared to Soul Purge. In AoE of course it's better... until you get interrupted or have to move or run out of charge and can't use it again for several minutes

Soul Purge is by far the best power in the Necromancer tree.

Ascendant

It's what I used to play as well. Until things changed and I got pushed to play a spec I don't like to stay competitive.

Really wish something would be done about this.

Bm and Ranger pets don't scale better than any other pets, their base strength is just higher, especially the Raptor.

Dots don't really need a buff, doing so would push Defilemancer even higher, people already break 5k st on Ituziel. Plague Bolt is what needs the buff, pets need to scale. Both are being looked at in SL as is Soul Purge.
    Nope.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast