+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Ashrai
  • 1 Post By TheGrinnz

Thread: Chloro heal rotations question

Default Chloro heal rotations question

My Cleric is officially retired for good. Looking to rebuild my Chloro again.

I was curious as to what the current heal rotation is for a 51 point full Chloro is. Ive got plenty of ST rotations using Chloro/lock Ruin > Vile Spores/NF of course, but curious what others are using that do not involve an opportunity proc. Spam Void life while mixing in Ruin is the best right? or something else?

Also, Nature's Splendor and Stream of Reclamation are constantly getting interrupted/removed FAR more than I remember them being in the old days. Are these even viable in pvp? Ive just about removed SoR from my toolbar.

As he is speaking for pvp only, Natural healing, nature's touch (if LBV / opp proc).

Stream of Reclamation has only 1 purpose : to gain quick charge, you cast it and cancel it right away. It's a waste of time. Natural Splendor is awesome if you're able to channel it.

Channeling is hardly possible to do since 1.8 (and hardcasting without fast casts).

Quoting you from yesterday : *A cleric is like a panzer tank, and a chloro is like a yugo in pvp*
    Effei - Seastone
    Dawn of Terror

Who needs swag when we will be in melee shredding you apart with Harbinger.

Since you're...well, you're Valarion, I'm going to assume you are talking about PVP only There isn't a "rotation" for a 51Chloro, but there is a "rhythm" you tend to fall into. From the other few (and there are very few) PVP 51 Chloro's I've encountered, the spell usage can vary widely. There are some people who will literally laugh at a Chloro who uses Stream or Void Life in PVP. I use them all the time (because of Stream's benefit charge-wise). My heal performance in WFs can speak for itself. A lot of my healing comes from direct healing though, I am very used to hardcasting longer heals in battle and manage to weave them with dmg based fairly easily. Library is the one place I'll do a lot of cleric style healing.

Splendor has its place. Codex pushes, etc. Pick your target carefully. Anyone with two brain cells will LoS it and also move away from their team so you lose the big punch. Void Life is something I use a lot but that's because I'm used to getting my teammate's target in LoS. Stream is great for the quick charge-up.

I still run the old 51Ch/15Lock. Opp procs still happen often enough (because I am *always* casting something) and when they do, just make that split second decision- use it for an NT or for an NH.

Keep Spores and Vines rolling. Think of that as your "cleric HoTs". Instant Vines = $$$$
    Last edited by Ashrai; 07-23-2012 at 10:02 AM.
    Ashrai@Deepwood
    Sporeslinger of <Godlike Awesomeness>

Quote Originally Posted by Valarion View Post
    Also, Nature's Splendor and Stream of Reclamation are constantly getting interrupted/removed FAR more than I remember them being in the old days. Are these even viable in pvp? Ive just about removed SoR from my toolbar.
    That's cause they (and Void Life) are giant green beacons saying Interrupt me, kill me!

Any chloro attack is recognizable really, but those are the worst offenders. Natural Healing on the other hand has no big visual indication and no valor issues, it's more useful in PvP than PvE.

Generally use void life only to get the instant Nature's Touch if you're using the chloro crystal, otherwise avoid it, but it is the only attack-heal you have (other than Ruin) without a cast time so sometimes it's the best option. But use Nature's Fury whenever your team isn't dying, you can end up doing a lot of damage.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 07-23-2012 at 10:23 AM.

Ascendant

51chloro, 15 lock. My most used macro is Bloom/Natural Healing. Position yourself well and get ready to hardcast some pretty strong ST heals. Use Flourish and wild Growth at every opportunity. Some recommend hoarding essence Surge for yourself, but I prefer to use it to keep heavy hitters up and killing, increasing the chances that my group will win the skirmish.

My life damage macro is Natrure's Fury/Ruin/Nature's Touch/Vile Spore. I could probably improve it, but I only use it when ST heals are not needed or when there are enough clerics around to just provide fluff AoE heals at leisure.

I also tend to ignore Radiant Spores. My experience with it has been poor in PvP. Others may disagree, but it usually feels like a wasted GCD to me.

Void Life is terrible in PvP. It does not heal enough after valour mitigation (even with LBV) to justify the attention you will receive. It is good for stopping people from capping flags or picking up stones on short notice.

With your best spammable heal being a 2.5 second cast, you will be squishy as hell. Keep Rift Tomb on your primary hotbar.

With small to midsized groups, you can outheal Clerics. With larger groups, Cleric AoEs will give them the advantage.

Sorry for rambling

Quote Originally Posted by Nefelia View Post
    I also tend to ignore Radiant Spores. My experience with it has been poor in PvP. Others may disagree, but it usually feels like a wasted GCD to me.
    I do disagree. The harder "heavy hitters" hit, the more they heal themselves, everything's mitigated by valor but it's still significant and easy to apply on those pvpers who like to group up. Plus as an opener it gives you the 25% int bonus and acts as a "cleanse buffer" I believe (if cleansing works the same way as purging).
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 07-24-2012 at 07:02 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    I do disagree. The harder "heavy hitters" hit, the more they heal themselves, everything's mitigated by valor but it's still significant and easy to apply on those pvpers who like to group up. Plus as an opener it gives you the 25% int bonus and acts as a "cleanse buffer" I believe (if cleansing works the same way as purging).
    QFT.

I'll often run with 2 pieces of HK gear and the chloro crystal to get the proc boost. We're gimped in PvP compared to clerics but you can certainly do some things to help mitigate the mitigation. As a chlorodom I can get some big heals with Pytogenesis + Squirrel (cast speed buff) + Nature's Fury + Vile Spores. In places where people group up (bridge in Port Scion, middle during Whitefall Escalation) your screen will literally explode with numbers.

Very small numbers.

Ascendant

radiant spores is pretty bad cast on 1 target, but if you can nail more than one or especially nail a group it's VERY worth it. Especially if you are running proc based build with absorb|hot greaters, and shoe-like trinket. For example I have had shoe do 20% of my healing in a warfront, and yes I was top healer and top damage taken. Think outside the box.. sometimes devouring shadows or mortality can be your best heal. Procs are key in pvp... (the question is, how much valor will you sacrifice?)

Valarion, I think you will hate 51 chloro. It is helpless without good group support. Sure you can live a while but you have no escape better than wild growth & wild abandon.. you will die. Plus, compared to a puri or icar or even 51 warden spec, any chloro heals just feels meh.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    I do see the potential of RS, especially in bigger group engagement and when the opponents are getting regular heals. In small groups RS is too unreliable, but on big groups it can definitely help you shore up the Chloro's weak AoE options.

I haven't had good results with RS when seeking to keep it up at all times as it usually interrupts the flow of my healing and takes lower priority to direct healing when friendlies are being focused down.

That said, I'm starting to cast it on enemies via target-of-target while healing when the opportunity strikes. Doing it that way lets me continue my healing with less interruption than my previous method of clicking hostile target, casting RS, and going back to click on friendly in need of heals.

As far as using RS as an opener: good point. Unless I run in late and need to spam direct heals right off the bat, RS would be an excellent opener.

I usually run Chloro/lock hybrid my self in Conquests.. Seems to have the survivability i need and when running the normal dps rotation (Ruin/Nature's Fury/Vile Spores) and Wild Growth, i can do pretty decent Raid hps. I usually run with 2-3 guildie clerics and they do the spot heals, i help when i can with a Bloom, Flourish or Essence Surge.

For single targets, u can include Searing Vitality, Withering Vines, Dark Touch and Life Leech for a bit more dps.

For Radiant Spores, on the big zergs that happen more than often, i throw it up there and with all the rogues using fanout, they r pretty much healing themselves.
    Last edited by DaCommando; 07-25-2012 at 09:24 AM.
    Retired

+ Reply to Thread