+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A decent Mage Farming/PVE build?

Default A decent Mage Farming/PVE build?

Can someone please post a decent Mage farming/PVE build?
    I have been looking for it for a while now after i tried the "how to PA farm as a Mage" Stormcaller build.
    but i just aint geared to it.

Ive heard about a Elementalist bild etc. but can someone link the build, and pref with macros etc to?
    Would be much apreciated!

- Love

From the title I assumed this was about how to farm Mages in Conquest. I am sorely disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonus View Post
    From the title I assumed this was about how to farm Mages in Conquest. I am sorely disappointed.

@OP - It might be useful to give us some indication on what kind of gear you do have.

I've got a fairly good farming spec that has zero points in SC, though my gear level is pretty high too.
    Last edited by Sonic Rain Boom; 07-21-2012 at 05:43 AM. Reason: Thread move suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by mo0trix View Post

@OP - It might be useful to give us some indication on what kind of gear you do have.

I've got a fairly good farming spec that has zero points in SC, though my gear level is pretty high too.
    My current gear lvl is two HK pieces, rest T2 and between HK. 1600 ish SP i think.
    Last edited by Sonic Rain Boom; 07-21-2012 at 05:44 AM. Reason: Thread moved! :D

That should be plenty of gear to make use of the SC/Pyro/Chloro build. If you're having problems then pick up Storm Guard for a bit more mitigation, and work on your AoE rotation some more. Pulling all of the mobs with Withering Vine might also seem like a good idea, but I prefer to use IS for pulling, group them, RS > FF to root them in place and give me time > (Flicker if I need space) > Hailstorm (mainly for Hypothermia) > FL x 3 > LF spam. Mobs are either dead before they get to me, or close enough that one AoE finishes them.

It's not much good for solo elites, but that's what an Ele build is for IMO.

**** on tv so here you go man i cooked this up for u

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...k.feRAkVqxk.-7

cast [shift] Radiate Death
    cast Neddra's Torture
    cast Neddra's Grasp
    cast Consumption
    cast Dark Touch

suppressmacrofailures
    petattack
    cast [shift] Life Leech
    cast Draining Bolt
    cast Void Bolt
    cast Necrosis
    cast Break Free

bars:
    Looming Demise Necrosis Dark Touch Essence Link Neddra's Essence Shadow Life Mass Fear Transmogrify Feign Death Choke Defile Mortality Soul Purge Rift Tomb Rune Shield Grave Rot Devouring Shadows

buffs:
    Neddra's Might Warlock Armor

basic attack as it goes out:

petattack
    cast [shift] Life Leech
    *Essence Link ~ low gear saftey

cast Neddra's Torture
    cast Neddra's Grasp
    cast Consumption
    cast Dark Touch

cast [shift] Radiate Death *~this will pull hate so aoe on yourself with

Grave Rot
    Devouring Shadows

running out of hp? use these, its easy to figure out whats best for when:

Neddra's Essence
    Shadow Life
    Mortality
    Soul Purge

last resort if youve blown all your cds use mass fear run away and feign death

use the sin pet its dps into hp regen is well worth it
    most mob packs consist of a main and a couple adds, focus on the main and spread to the adds cause it needs to stay alive long enough to spread

sending the pet in 1st will buy you time to stack the dots up, i would use defile to beef the tick before spreading it.
    all the hate will come to you but keep the aoes on and rotate essence mortality and the hp boost its a lot of dps with a lot of hps
    Last edited by Pixel Monkey; 07-19-2012 at 02:01 AM.
    who took my names!

+ Reply to Thread