+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: New Mage soul being released soon.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Stehna View Post
    Mages dont need any more offense callings they need another healer calling or support calling cause to me the dominator and chloromancer are not fun at all...
    Sure :P

What I see and feel like that there is only 1 or maybe 2 dmg output builds. Pyrolock / Lockpyro. Nothing more. You use only 2 souls for dmg output (we have 8).

Necro - end game, nothing to do with that soul, well ,maybe mix with Lock and go solo some creeps on EI.
    SC - not quite sure about this soul, has some CC, some AoE dmg, going to check it on conq.
    Ele - from what I heard got nerfed. Has no use in end game.
    Archon - some tweaks would be nice
    Chloro - imho is fine, Mage is not SUPPOSED to be dedicated healer but... god damn it.. let's face it. Mage is supposed to be a freaking NUKER, walking nuke machine spamming AoE like mad. I wouldn't mind dieing on 1 hit from everything, but I would really love to see mages burning everything to the ground in no time.
    Last edited by Mejaia; 07-21-2012 at 01:12 AM.

Well personally i run an all mage guild <Archmage> on Icewatch sooo, a melee battlemage with pve tanking capabilities would be very welcome because then i could run all mage raids!

Something like

1 main battlemage
    1 off battlemage
    1 archon
    1 dominator
    1 main chloro
    1 raid chloro
    14 DPS

????

Profit!

Group pvp with my guild will become hella fun too .. really excited to be honest.
    -=[ Virulent - 65 - P100 | Harlakk - 65 - P100 | Ascaroth - 62 - P95 | Brahman - 65 - P92 ]=-
    -=[ VirulentX - 70 - P100 | Harlakk - 70 - P92 | Ascaroth - 60 - P10 | BrahmanX - 1 - P0 ]=-
    | VIRALIST: 65 |

Quote Originally Posted by V1rul3n7 View Post
    Well personally i run an all mage guild <Archmage> on Icewatch.......
    ok i'll bite, hows that working out for you all?
    WFH & BYOB - www.kingtj.net

Mage is not SUPPOSED to be dedicated healer but
    yes it is. Don't bring old ideas about what a "mage" is into this game. Here a mage is not only straight up nuke, it can also be raid buffs and CC or a full healer.
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

Quote Originally Posted by Vayra View Post
    yes it is. Don't bring old ideas about what a "mage" is into this game. Here a mage is not only straight up nuke, it can also be raid buffs and CC or a full healer.
    or, especially a tank with self shields and a whirling staff of doooooom! XD
    (forget the name but the metal mask thats similar to dr doom would be so fitting too lol)

Quote Originally Posted by TJ74 View Post
    or, especially a tank with self shields and a whirling staff of doooooom! XD
    (forget the name but the metal mask thats similar to dr doom would be so fitting too lol)
    I'm a fan of the staff idea too. Mostly just because I'm a fan of staves

As for the Dr. Doom mask, there's one you can buy from the Dragonslayer quartermaster called Dragonslayer Warmask. Or, a crafted version called Ceremonial Visage, the recipe can be found on the Mathos quartermaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehrgontra View Post
    I'm a fan of the staff idea too. Mostly just because I'm a fan of staves

As for the Dr. Doom mask, there's one you can buy from the Dragonslayer quartermaster called Dragonslayer Warmask. Or, a crafted version called Ceremonial Visage, the recipe can be found on the Mathos quartermaster.
    kewlness, many thanks

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Real View Post
    Confirmed by Elrar on livestream. He said it'll happen in the next couple weeks, and all of the new souls will be presented by some development team members. Keep a look out on the livestreams.

I would settle for them fixing all the useless/broken/crap souls we already have!, but i`m not holding my breath.

Rift Disciple

Arcane Warrior?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by ururu View Post
    herald-of-xotli type mage soul prz
    I see none of you played age of conan. Ok, so I didn't play it much either... But herald of xotli was awesome.. basically glass cannon melee 2h fire mage that turns into a demon to kill enemies. when you entered demon form you feared them and gained massive elemental damage. fatality on mob include eating hearts, decapitation, etc.

click video

Telaran

Can't wait for the new Mage soul (Hoping for a new supporty/healy spec; tank would be interesting), but I do wish they would fix a few of our current souls.

Specs I feel are fine:
    Stormcaller: I love this spec. I wouldn't change anything about it.
    Archon: Great spec.
    Pyromancer: Great spec.
    Dominator: Great spec in PvP.

Specs I feel could use some love:
    Elementalist: Too reliant on the last spell... Intensify Elements? I don't have much experience with this.
    Necromancer: Decent solo spec, but needs desperate help when it comes to end game.
    Warlock: Good off-soul, but I see no reason to go high up in the tree, except maybe PvP purposes.
    Chloromancer: Great soul. It'd be kind of nice if Lifegiving Veil could hit 10 raid members instead of 5, but I could see the issues with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Denerka View Post
    Warlock: Good off-soul, but I see no reason to go high up in the tree, except maybe PvP purposes.
    High Lock is pretty much exclusively useful for PvE. PvP benefits most from burst damage and DoTs are additionally cleansable.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehrgontra View Post

But if Trion can make healing seem "magey" through Chloromancer since it's arcane manipulation of life energy.

Well, white mages and priests are usually different. So a mage healing, even via life, which in all essences, are earth skills, and earthen healers are hardly out of the scope of "reality", i dont see what is so unusual about chloromancers and them being apart of the mage line up.

However, i do like the idea of magictek mages, but hate the idea of mage tanks (though i wouldnt vote against it).

However, wouldnt that have to introduce either a new weapon, or weaponry not native to mages? (Guns or something similar)

Unless they release new weaponry or forgo every and all things they have set up now, i would look to those as clues for what mages would be getting.

Thus far, you have swords, totems, staffs and wands.

Sword and Totem can get a battle mage theme going (Mesmer? Warlock a la Ogre Battles, Mystic Knight a la FF, although RB really takes that throne, although very suped up) which, historically, wouldnt have great dps, but a nuke, and a lot of CC, as well as some support abilities.

Staff can call for a more melee centric soul, probably fast attack (1 sec gcd) with small instants. However, would mages want such a thing, as it doesnt really seem to fit with any of their current souls.

And wizard. God only knows what iteration of that would be brought in. Most wizard type classes were either SCs or Pyros, or a mixture of both.

If they are going theme, maybe a water sprite? Another heal soul possibly. Or debuffer/hearder (acids, geysers (launching people in the air like some bosses do), little whirly wheely thing like in DH) Probably not high damagers but crowd hearders.
    Last edited by Eughe; 07-23-2012 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by minipara View Post
    A melee magic user like in GW2 would be awesome..
    Agreed. I would love to see some kind of "in your face" fast-moving melee soul that is an improved version of the warrior's riftblade.

Quote Originally Posted by Valarion View Post
    Agreed. I would love to see some kind of "in your face" fast-moving melee soul that is an improved version of the warrior's riftblade.
    Arcane blade : 1 hour buff. As long as this buff is active, the arcane mage can flicker out of gcd at 20m range. When Flicker is used, grants immunity to all CC and all the upcoming new classes CC that are not in the game for 30m. Unpurgeable.

Arcanestorm : Deals heavy aoe damage on all the players in the current warfront, no matter what their distance is with the caster.

Arcane Wounds : Automatically apply a 100% uncleansable healing debuff to all targets around 30m of the mage

Arcane macro : 1 hour buff. As long as this buff is active, the mage can play with rogue or warrior type of macros. Grants to ability to either 1112 or 111112 on choice.

Arcane range (51 points Arcane ability) : 5 min cooldown (hey, we cannot be OP in everything). For 30 sec, no players can be around 21m of the mage. All ranged attacks from further away will be reflected back to the attacker

Seems legit. Although, they would have to give us a new 51 point, it might be redundant with Arcane Blade.

PS : No this is not a QQ post, I was just trying to be funny
    Last edited by Effeil; 07-23-2012 at 10:12 AM.
    Effei - Seastone
    Dawn of Terror

Who needs swag when we will be in melee shredding you apart with Harbinger.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast