+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: New Mage soul being released soon.

Faith in mage forum restored.
    Effei - Seastone
    Dawn of Terror

Who needs swag when we will be in melee shredding you apart with Harbinger.

Ah yeah, forgot you could make a healy type mage in Dragon Age. Also forgot about the Archmage from WAR, probably because I only ever saw like 2 and didn't play that long anyway >.> Been so long since I've played either... Might be more that I'm missing.

Anyhow, not sure what the rogues would be getting either. If they're going for new roles all around, probably some sort of healer since they already have everything else. I remember a while back the idea of an Alchemist was tossed around the forums, a rogue healer that used potions and elixirs. Maybe that?

Quote Originally Posted by TJ74 View Post
    mage self buff - armor, life, and tank stats (block, dodge, parry) boosted similar to cleric mein of leadership and rogue guardian phase.....the technology is already there...
    would love to see a true mitigation and/or absorb tank. and could have awesome staff block and parry animations. lots of whirling your weapon around your body, and spin kicks, and such! woot woot
    That's exactly what I'm after, although Deflect would fit better than Block.

Every tank in the game is already a mitigation tank though, although since Warriors can easily reach over 40% avoidance you'd be forgiven for thinking otherwise. It would have been interesting if either Rogues or Clerics had been avoidance tanks but Trion wasn't willing to give them the HP necessary for the job so they became mitigation based as well.
    Nope.

If Mages get a tank soul I might consider switching my main to my Mage(poor wittle undergeared Dreieck). That's unless Warriors don't get a heal soul.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    If Mages get a tank soul I might consider switching my main to my Mage(poor wittle undergeared Dreieck). That's unless Warriors don't get a heal soul.
    That's funny because if Mages can't tank I've considered swapping mains to my Warrior. Poor little undergeared Primalhunger.
    Nope.

Ascendant

2 button spam melee soul please.

I would welcome a mage melee soul similar to the diablo 3 wizard melee build. AOE melee attacks, chance to heal with each hit, and strong short ranged attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by fripples View Post
    I would welcome a mage melee soul similar to the diablo 3 wizard melee build. AOE melee attacks, chance to heal with each hit, and strong short ranged attacks.
    you forget a passively applied uncleasable 100% healing debuff to the entire warfront everytime a mage move forward. If this were too OP, well, they could make it so it applies when we backpedal.
    Effei - Seastone
    Dawn of Terror

Who needs swag when we will be in melee shredding you apart with Harbinger.

Ascendant

Warriors will not get a heal soul. If they do I will rage quit and Q_Q to your mother.

Seriously tho mage tank would be awesome. A self buff to turn into a rock elemental to have massive hp gain and defensive bonuses based on SP and INT would be sick. I'd love to run around as a giant rock man.

Or even a mage tank where we surround ourselves in shrouds of elements to protect us from specificly themed bosses (earth/fire in ID, death/water in HK etc.) that would be cool imo.

As for warriors, I would bet my left nut that they will be getting a legit support soul which may include "field medic" type of abilities. They would be getting medium dps abilities to build charges and then raid buffs and/or minor heals/boss debuffs to spend those 3 charges on.

If Warriors get a support soul I will kill myself and then give you my stuff. Seriously, another support soul for ANY class is not needed. The game is sorely needing more capable healing souls, reworks of existing ones, and a mage tank. At this point, even a ranged warrior soul seems...inadequate.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Perhaps, the mage, being completely ranged, will finally be able to have the maximum range? Instead of a class that can do our job with more range and utility. I cant see MM having the furthest range once the xpac comes out, it doesnt make any sense for a class with options of going melee or FURTHER range than a full range class

If Warriors get a support soul I will kill myself and then give you my stuff. Seriously, another support soul for ANY class is not needed.
    I don't know, I would actually love a new support soul in mage, support has a lot more variety than as just an archon/bard type raid support, there are a lot of neat playstyles like utility/cc/stat drains that support could entail too imo. Although I'm not saying that's what warriors need.
    I'm actually not a fan of the whole mage tank thing, although I know it has a lot of enthusiasm... tanking isn't really a playstyle i prefer, and I think it homogenizes the soul somewhat and would create itemization and tanking balance/demand issues. But its not like I can't see how it could be pulled off well, I'm just into other role types I guess.
    Last edited by Inixia; 07-20-2012 at 09:41 PM.

Telaran

I just want options. Tank options, Support options, new healing options, I don't care. As long as it mixes up playstyle i'll be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooktrout View Post
    I just want options. Tank options, Support options, new healing options, I don't care. As long as it mixes up playstyle i'll be happy.
    I want new options too There's a lot of neat possibilities out there, even significant revamps to some of the struggling pvp souls would be as good as a new soul to me too imo. (for example elementalist main soul has never really had much opportunity to come into play).
    Last edited by Inixia; 07-20-2012 at 10:00 PM.

Mages dont need any more offense callings they need another healer calling or support calling cause to me the dominator and chloromancer are not fun at all...
    Last edited by Stehna; 07-20-2012 at 11:33 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast