+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 163
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: When are mages going to get some PvP survivability?

  1. #136
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    Part of the issue is that Mages are ****ty PvP healers.

    Right now assuming equal class attendance in a warfront (I think it's probably skewed towards rogues and warriors right now, but for the sake of argument...) then there is one cleric (let's also assume all clerics heal... lol...) per four players, the other three being warrior, rogue and mage. Now the cleric is going to be healing himself, and mebbe one other person. Sure there will be some AoE healing during zergs but when you're spread out a bit, your chances of being healed are about 1 in 3 or less, because only clerics are effective healers and even then they don't all heal.

    What we need is more healers, and the only way that is going to happen is if Mage healing is made viable in PvP.
    51 Chloro can be pretty decent healers. I have enough screenshots of myself or other Chloros getting top heals in Codex/Library.

    That said, Chloros do need - at the very least - to have veil healing unaffected by valour. Our ST healing is limited but fine, but our AoE healing options are either extremely limited of gimped by valour.

  2. #137
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    625

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nefelia View Post
    51 Chloro can be pretty decent healers. I have enough screenshots of myself or other Chloros getting top heals in Codex/Library.

    That said, Chloros do need - at the very least - to have veil healing unaffected by valour. Our ST healing is limited but fine, but our AoE healing options are either extremely limited of gimped by valour.
    I think that our healing would be fine if we had some survivability, some ability to stand up to even one melee beating on us for any decent length of time, but we lack any sort of cooldowns that either increase our healing ability or that reduce damage taken, we lack the ability to stack HoTs (because we have none) and we have just a few direct single target heals, two of which have CDs that are just too long to be relied on and another which has an ungodly long cast time and is easily interrupted.

    Good clerics can sit there with 2-3 enemies beating on them and it takes a good amount of time to take them down, if we had that level of survivability I would chloro heal in WFs all day and all night. I actually prefer healing, and am leveling a cleric atm.
    Click here for Gear Lists for every class!

  3. #138
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aguni View Post
    So...we have less teleports. About half as many as a warrior.
    We have 5m less in terms of distance.
    We only refresh it when we pop a 2m cooldown.

    Yeah...mobility.
    The really sad one is to look up what marksman have. I don't even know why everyone uses warriors as the measuring stick for mobility...

  4. #139
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    625

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ururu View Post
    The really sad one is to look up what marksman have. I don't even know why everyone uses warriors as the measuring stick for mobility...
    Because we can transmog marksman and run away/LoS, warriors teleport out of our transmogs. Marksmen are also typically not as tanky as warriors (and to a lesser degree, melee rogues).
    Last edited by Tarien; 07-30-2012 at 08:25 AM.
    Click here for Gear Lists for every class!

  5. #140
    RIFT Guide Writer TheGrinnz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    10,817

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    warriors teleport out of our transmogs.
    no they don't

  6. #141
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    625

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    no they don't
    I know, it just seems that way Honestly transmog would be great if it didn't share DR with like, everything.
    Click here for Gear Lists for every class!

  7. #142
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    38

    Default

    damage/healing meters arent everything, well played dom can own people through his debuffs, mana drain, spell reflect, but ya...if you're wanting to own the "meters" you'll have to play better than most classes, but personally i think we have a pretty solid pvp build, in chlorodom but your contribution won't show up much on the meters.

  8. #143
    Ascendant Rheven's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,936

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboydan View Post
    damage/healing meters arent everything, well played dom can own people through his debuffs, mana drain, spell reflect, but ya...if you're wanting to own the "meters" you'll have to play better than most classes, but personally i think we have a pretty solid pvp build, in chlorodom but your contribution won't show up much on the meters.
    Hi Dan. Grats on your first post.

    I think, for me, the point is doing some serious damage, and still surviving. I love my mages but outside of pyro the damage is almost laughable. I can only compare the explosions with my old EQ wizards which could step outta invis and hit for like 150K damage. I don't know, something like that. At lower ranks and leveling I really liked my necrolock but it just isn't feasible for PvP imo. Just pecking away with DOTs that don't do much. It's more survivable still sure. But, I wanta blow things up. And we are a glass cannon without even the range of my rogues. I sure hope we get a workover in the new expansion. Enjoy your day!
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

  9. #144
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rheven View Post
    Hi Dan. Grats on your first post.

    I think, for me, the point is doing some serious damage, and still surviving. I love my mages but outside of pyro the damage is almost laughable. I can only compare the explosions with my old EQ wizards which could step outta invis and hit for like 150K damage. I don't know, something like that. At lower ranks and leveling I really liked my necrolock but it just isn't feasible for PvP imo. Just pecking away with DOTs that don't do much. It's more survivable still sure. But, I wanta blow things up. And we are a glass cannon without even the range of my rogues. I sure hope we get a workover in the new expansion. Enjoy your day!
    Outside of pyro we're more of a glass pea-shooter....

    Yes i like chloro-dom and 51 dom but they lack any serious killing power other than splits. I'm just praying we get a full re-work of our useless souls for storm legion - I'll be very surprised if we see anythin gbefore that though.

  10. #145
    Plane Walker Effeil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    Because we can transmog marksman and run away/LoS, warriors teleport out of our transmogs. Marksmen are also typically not as tanky as warriors (and to a lesser degree, melee rogues).
    Wrong.

    Warriors cannot riftwalk out of squirrel and MM/RS are a lot more tanky than warriors.
    Effei - Seastone
    Dawn of Terror

    Who needs swag when we will be in melee shredding you apart with Harbinger.

  11. #146
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    38

    Default

    rheven you're right, i don't think we have a solid DPS spec compared to others pvp wise...but as i said i feel that chlorodom is very viable and can turn the tide of a match, i'm only saying that cuz i see so many people on these forums act like we have ZERO specs that are remotely decent, but if you're wanting to do dps then no....warriors and rogues already got that covered.

    btw reflective presence talented is one of the most overpowered abilities in the game
    Last edited by cowboydan; 08-01-2012 at 07:18 AM.

  12. #147
    Ascendant Aguni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ururu View Post
    The really sad one is to look up what marksman have. I don't even know why everyone uses warriors as the measuring stick for mobility...
    Primarily because a bad warrior is far more threatening than a bad marksman.

    Though now that you mention it, lets see what Marksman possess.

    Eradicate: This is like...how would I describe it..sex...on the beach...without sand in one's craw.
    Retreat: A backwards teleport for 20m? YES PLEASE!
    Hasted departure: 4% speed buff per stack, max of 5 stacks,e ach time you are hit. Sexy!
    Repelling shot: Knocks back 3 people.
    Strafe: Dealing damage on the move, can't stun or root or snare? Me want!
    VM: Passive healing debuff? YES!
    Deaden: Eh, we have disarm. Nothing special IMO.

    From riftstalker you get 3 teleports, one of which breaks CC.
    Hasted time
    Rift guard: Okay yeah it doens't seem big, but absorbing 10% of an attacks damage does provide some mitigation.

    Sexy stuff really.

  13. #148
    Ascendant Rheven's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,936

    Default

    Eradicate: This is like...how would I describe it..sex...on the beach...without sand in one's craw.
    Oh yeah. I want some! hahaha. Thanks for the great analogy
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

  14. #149
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    38

    Default

    i played a rogue for over a year, jus rerolled mage in the last month or two, nothing new but ya, MM is indefinitely better than any mage ranged spec by far, and sabo is just insane

  15. #150
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,707

    Default

    you forgot on the double for marksman. especially with cooldown reset, double on-the-double + double retreat.

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboydan View Post
    i played a rogue for over a year, jus rerolled mage in the last month or two, nothing new but ya, MM is indefinitely better than any mage ranged spec by far, and sabo is just insane
    I also have a rogue and agree. but mage is somehow more satisfying.

    I would also say mage is very strong in PVE, and that is this game's main focus.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts