+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Where is our chloro pvp fix!

Default Where is our chloro pvp fix!

Its been a long time since ive heard or seen any update to how chloros were inadvertantly nerfed in pvp due to the valor changes and all. What are your intentions sir? Shall we rot in our flowery graves for all eternity or will there be some kind of compensation for my starving chloro family.

Sincerly,

Guy rerolling a cleric for obvious reasons.
    Landslide - Greybriar. ( Vendetta )
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

Patience. There are a few things he has to work on beforehand.

Considering its kervik, im confident he'll handle it well.

Shield of Telara

Just because he's the mage dude doesn't necessarily mean that's ALL he does. Although I'm getting pretty impatient myself, heh, even if it's just to hear what he has in mind. Got my sourcecore ready and waiting
    Rank 8, 11/11

The devs have said they're looking at it.
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

Plane Walker

That's good to hear.
    It's barely even worth having LGV on in PvP, it's never going to keep anyone alive without a Cleric stepping in to sort things out.
    Last edited by CreepyD; 02-29-2012 at 05:14 AM.
    -------------------------
    [eXile] Allillos - Mage - Zaviel

Quote Originally Posted by Landstalker View Post
    Its been a long time since ive heard or seen any update to how chloros were inadvertantly nerfed in pvp due to the valor changes and all. What are your intentions sir? Shall we rot in our flowery graves for all eternity or will there be some kind of compensation for my starving chloro family.

Sincerly,

Guy rerolling a cleric for obvious reasons.
    He intimated we would hear something in a week or two. It's only been 1 week. I'm sure in the next week we'll hear something about the nature (direction) of the changes they are thinking about for Chloros in PVP. I fully expect there will be several changes to make chloromancers just as viable and invincible as clerics in pvp.
    Last edited by overbyte; 02-29-2012 at 07:42 AM.

dupe post /ignore
    Last edited by overbyte; 02-29-2012 at 07:47 AM.

Plane Touched

since clerics went top pvp dps (good players) I would like to see Chloro get back to decent healing. Mage specs are looking sad at the moment with pyro dom being the only realistic spec since 1.7 hit ..

just came back to the game from a little lay off... you guys are on it.... pass it or sell it seriously.

i went full chloro and i am dropping like top 5 in healing EVERY warfront, and going 3-0 or 5-1 in the process.
    perhaps you guys are comparing the class to what it was at some point when i was not around. but nothing beats walking up to the enemy team at a stand off and AOEing them all down with natural splendor.
    or the insane healing that goes on with just throwing wild growth up... its healing you dont even have to target to use guys.
    always nuke pets.. they dont move and take more damage
    vines suck... but when you have 3 warriors barreling into your back line... casting vines on all 3 of them stacks like crazy.

I just cant understand how you guys would want more than we currently have as chloros. I dont run out of mana, i dont usually have to press a heal button to heal people, and I pull off at least a 4-1 kill death ratio
    WHAT MORE DO U WANT !?!!?!?
    How much do you HATE BISHOPX?
    Warrior video (july)
    Newest shaman PvP video
    Enjoy the GREATEST HITS

Quote Originally Posted by BishopX View Post
    For me, simply to have the healing not affected by the targets valor, clerics heals aren't affected by a targets valor BUT some of ours is, on top of this i'd like Radiant spores topped up a touch to make it a bit more reliable (but i'll settle for the 1st one).
    Level 50 Mage - Naritta@Icewatch.
    Level 50 Rogue - Naritta@Bloodiron.

Rift Disciple

With 3 clerics also on your team, im sure you can put out hps decent enough to make you satisfied. Change those clerics to other chloros and all of you would be dropping like flies. The problem doesnt just stem from the valor increases alone, although changes to that would no doubt increase our healing potential, in pvp you and the rest of the healers on your team rely heavily on cross heals to stay up and do your job. A chloro being focused by even one strong dps has no manner to keep himself up very long. Other chloros can spam vile spores til their heart's content but it will not prevent you from dying a swift death.

The chloro tree has nothing in the form of surviveability in pvp, nothing that keeps you from being silenced or any other cc protection. Without cleric heals you're nothing more than a free kill everytime you're marked. Yes, the mage is a dps soul, not a tank nor true healer but when you figure that not only can clerics outdps us, but they can a do make excellent unkillable self healing tanks things become a little wonky. A radical change to a few other trees and removal of useless chloro talents would be an excellent change but one i do not see in our near future.

Give us one soul with damage mitigation, a dmg shield, and preferably a flicker like spell that don't all require you to literally throw away so many points. Afterall you could loterally sneeze points onto the other callings trees and have more synergy in the form of increased dmg,increased SP/AP, damage mitigation, and actually useful sells than every mage combination minus pyro.

Shield of Telara

just came back to the game from a little lay off... you guys are on it.... pass it or sell it seriously.

i went full chloro and i am dropping like top 5 in healing EVERY warfront, and going 3-0 or 5-1 in the process.
    perhaps you guys are comparing the class to what it was at some point when i was not around. but nothing beats walking up to the enemy team at a stand off and AOEing them all down with natural splendor.
    or the insane healing that goes on with just throwing wild growth up... its healing you dont even have to target to use guys.
    always nuke pets.. they dont move and take more damage
    vines suck... but when you have 3 warriors barreling into your back line... casting vines on all 3 of them stacks like crazy.

I just cant understand how you guys would want more than we currently have as chloros. I dont run out of mana, i dont usually have to press a heal button to heal people, and I pull off at least a 4-1 kill death ratio
    Ok, where to begin. First, I can top healing as full chloro as well. I've also seen(granted, back in the day) tanks top damage. Those statistics aren't a reliable basis for judging usefullness. I don't feel like re-writing my post about why clerics are infinitely better healers in PvP, but if you are really struggling with it, I'll dig it up and link you the thread.

Natural Splendor. Alright I can agree that it's a great ability. The damage isn't really THAT great, but the healing is definitely good for people near your target. You also get LGV heals off the first couple of damaging ticks.

Wild growth is far from "insane heals". It's like an average of 200 every couple of seconds. It's essentially a weenie verion of healing flood. The most useful part of this ability is the damage boost and snare effect on enemies. The healing aspect is honestly pretty lame.

Also, if you have the time to cast withering vines on three people attacking your backline, then they are either doing horrible, horrible damage or, more likely, someone else has been healing them for you the whole time.
    Rank 8, 11/11

Rift Chaser

just came back to the game from a little lay off...I just cant understand how you guys would want more than we currently have as chloros. I dont run out of mana, i dont usually have to press a heal button to heal people, and I pull off at least a 4-1 kill death ratio
    Ok, you do well as a Chloro but it appears you do better as your main, a Cleric

[QUOTE]
    i took 2 months off... came back friday... logged into warfront
    zones in and we were getting spawn camped
    swapped to cabbalist, wiped the people spawn camping us
    swapped to justicar pvp tank the world spec... held the bridge for like EVER, til we finally took it.
    swapped back to cabbalist and finished the warfront 47-1
    [QUOTE]
    I dont run out of mana
    An issue that apparently isn't a problem for you as Cleric either.

[QUOTE]
    i very rarely raid, but times that I have I have never ever ever ever ever run out of mana. i TRIED so hard to run out of mana and its just not possible is you use the mana regens and stay in melee range. o double down on my post... my main (bishopx) uses his instant heal (bliss)
    Can't speak for all Mages or even for any other Mage for that matter. But for me personally I think Burst healing >>> sustained healing. But each has its place so I can accept Clerics being better at burst healing since Chloros are generally considered better at sustained healing.

But being the best Healer involves more than just heals. I would like to see is Chloro getting an AOE cleanse to compete with Clerics AOE cleansing. I would also like to see Chloros get a Shield to decrease overhealing while increasing effective healing.

Clerics have a single Tank role but expect to be made evenly balanced with Warriors who have 4 Tank roles.
    Why would you expect Mages to have any less expectations when balancing Healing roles?

Shield of Telara

Chloro - I can see good numbers from a FULL P8 geared Chloro.

But until that time, they are a fail.
    Pooshonmyshoos - 60 Mage <Damaged PvPness>
    Imafkdisbich - 60 Warrior <Damaged PvPness>

Hey Kervik, its been a week and no word from you or even an acknowledgment on the topic. If i read one more warrior ap update and still dont hear from you I think I might "Kirk out". Thank you in advance for your response.

Sincerly,

Mage community at large.
    Landslide - Greybriar. ( Vendetta )
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast