+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mage Viability idea/question

Plane Walker

Default Mage Viability idea/question

So, I've been running with some less than awesome chloros, as in they don't use radiant spores, at all.

No matter how many times I tell them it's useful, they disagree.

So, I was wondering. Since you can switch 0 point souls in combat, and dots/debuffs stay up if you switch... would it be worth it for me to switch from 0pt archon to 0pt chloro, pop a spores on Sicaron, then back to Archon during DoT refresh time?

I know, and completely understand, that it will be a dps loss. My goal here is showing that Radiant Spores is amazing. Before I go and do this in a raid environment, does it even make sense that it would heal?

Basically would be running 36/30/0/0...

Worth trying?

Not to sound rude but...isn't the solution to find better mages? Spores is pretty important on several fights...but its never on a "don't use at all" tier :V
    the PTS exists for a reason people. Go on, give your feedback, and help make RIFT a better game.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Plane Walker

Your mages are awful, Radiant spores is the BEST heal for sicaron and should not be ignored whatsoever. They should be ridiculed and kicked out of the guild.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by wallweasels View Post
    Not to sound rude but...isn't the solution to find better mages? Spores is pretty important on several fights...but its never on a "don't use at all" tier :V
    That's a very good point, I just want to show them how valuable spores is w/o actually hurting feelings/anything stupid. If I can do it without losing 500+ dps then It's worth attempting so they can see it. Right now a couple of our clerics are really good at making up for it, but idk, I just hate seeing the mages slack, causing us to over heal some fights.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by AJ911 View Post
    Your mages are awful, Radiant spores is the BEST heal for sicaron and should not be ignored whatsoever. They should be ridiculed and kicked out of the guild.

See, when I read this I see
    "Your mages should go dps and apply spores while maintaining dot management in their dps specs, because DPS is good and over healing is ******ed and we only need 2 healers but are running 4 causing this fight to be boring and long and OMG YOU FORGOT TO PURGE I'M GOING TO STAB YOU!"

Yeah... good times.

Kicking just seems like such a stupid option when you can simply teach.

I guess I'll just go for it, see if it works. What's the worst that could happen. Teach a player to play better, and see some cool potential numbers in the process. I can dig it.
    Last edited by AWHavoc; 02-28-2012 at 10:03 AM.

Plane Walker

Yea I being a bit too harsh lol. I can't understand why they refuse to use radiant spores though, it's definitely the best raid healing spell and worth using the gcd over casting vile spores or void life. It shouldn't be too bad to use chloro instead of archon for the 0 point talent and I'm sure it would prove your point on how useful the spell it. It would probably make your clerics jealous of the dps and hps you'll be doing haha.

Telaran

So which crystal do your chloro's use? Dominator? Read the crystal perks aloud to them. Yikes.

Plane Touched

0 pt chloro is a waste. You need the synergy crystal and the +6% ability in the tree for RS to be very effective. Oh and u also will need players that dont suck if u plan to get aky. Replace them asap imo.
    DragonflySeksParade@?
    Fivedollarfootlong@? (rip Multipass)
    Primetime@?
    Proudly formerly a part of guilds such as Order of Shadow, Virus, & Blackout. And have met a lot of fun, great players along the way

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by AJ911 View Post
    Yea I being a bit too harsh lol. I can't understand why they refuse to use radiant spores though, it's definitely the best raid healing spell and worth using the gcd over casting vile spores or void life. It shouldn't be too bad to use chloro instead of archon for the 0 point talent and I'm sure it would prove your point on how useful the spell it. It would probably make your clerics jealous of the dps and hps you'll be doing haha.
    Well, my point is you can switch between 0 point chloro and 0 point archon so you can still keep 100% uptime on Radiant Spores and Searing Vitality, You'll just be missing out on the GCDs, so it won't even be as big of a hit as just swapping out searing.

and to be honest, it's only one chloro I think it comes down to DoT and Buff management, I think he just forgets about it after a rotation or 2.

Our other chloro that has 100% uptime has a change in work schedule and won't be able to raid for the month.
    Last edited by AWHavoc; 02-28-2012 at 11:14 AM.

+ Reply to Thread