+ Reply to Thread

Thread: If Tempest was 15 points into the Elementalist soul tree;

Rift Master

Default If Tempest was 15 points into the Elementalist soul tree;

(As it was in ye olden days)

Would it not be a simple fix to arrest the large slide towards the bottom of the PvP foodchain Mage took in 1.7?

Would it put PvE out of sync by that much?

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Mezkh View Post
    (As it was in ye olden days)

Would it not be a simple fix to arrest the large slide towards the bottom of the PvP foodchain Mage took in 1.7?

Would it put PvE out of sync by that much?
    I actually suggested this a while ago on the PTS forums when the devs were removing our archmage soul. I would even take a 20% crit modifier version like clerics have. I am still confused as to why clerics have access to all these crit modifies so low in their trees when mages are supposed to be the crit class. Guess thats trion for you tho

Would make most 51builds extremely good. Tempest 51 pyro? Tempest void life? 51 lock swell would gain much.
    the PTS exists for a reason people. Go on, give your feedback, and help make RIFT a better game.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by wallweasels View Post
    Would make most 51builds extremely good. Tempest 51 pyro? Tempest void life? 51 lock swell would gain much.
    51 Chloro would be ridiculous.
    Last edited by Eclipze; 02-28-2012 at 09:54 AM.
    Eclipze @ Retired Raider
    Mage Extraodinaire
    PVE <The Grubs> | <Thantos Gallanos Xantos>
    PVP <Terrible Idea>

Quote Originally Posted by Fates View Post
    I actually suggested this a while ago on the PTS forums when the devs were removing our archmage soul. I would even take a 20% crit modifier version like clerics have. I am still confused as to why clerics have access to all these crit modifies so low in their trees when mages are supposed to be the crit class. Guess thats trion for you tho
    The major difference between mages and clerics is that we have crit chance increases all over the place, along with intel scaling (acumen. Natural awareness, etc) this makes the effective value of critical mag for Mage much higher than clerics.

All that said, I don't think it would be terribly unbalanced for any spec except pyro, though that could be mitigated by reducing the extra crit chance given to fireball by the improved fireball talent ( burning fury might also need a look )

List of crit increases since I'm bored in class:
    Burning fury (stacking 9% any at 3/3)
    Improved fireball (FB only, 15% constant)
    Potency ( 5% any constant)
    High voltage (10% air spells)
    Biting cold (5% constant any)
    Storm shard (100% icicle only, proc, cd)
    Charged (15% lightning strike only, constant)

By contrast clerics get at most a 5% crit increase ( plus an active 5% debuff, but that can apply to both) in the specs where they can leverage their critmag increases to the fullest
    Last edited by Araenn; 02-28-2012 at 10:11 AM.
    Windstorm - Mage - Faeblight US
    Hi, I'm back!
    Faeblight since CB3

It was like this in Beta, and then moved up the tree for some reason upon release. Needs to go back IMO, Ele doesn't mesh well with anything right now

http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

Prophet of Telara

It was changed because you literally could not run a spec without having 15 ele without being gimped. Think 1.6(+) spark, but worse. It was a good change.

I agree, the problem now is everyone has to have pyro to be competitive, moving tempest down would just make everyone have to have elementalist offspec again instead. Maybe the crit increase will be in tier 2 of the pvp tree, who knows?
    Last edited by Relair; 02-28-2012 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazzin View Post
    It was changed because you literally could not run a spec without having 15 ele without being gimped. Think 1.6(+) spark, but worse. It was a good change.
    not really, it became 28+ ele instead.

spark is the same kind of thing.

accepting that certain talents are so desirable as to always e shot for and throwing ALL of them in low tree, then rebalancing is the way to go imo, since it forces people to make decisions
    Windstorm - Mage - Faeblight US
    Hi, I'm back!
    Faeblight since CB3

+ Reply to Thread