+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25

Thread: PvP Mages, do you slot Valor, spell crit, or spell power essences?

  1. #1
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    375

    Default PvP Mages, do you slot Valor, spell crit, or spell power essences?

    Just curious what you do. I am leaning toward dps essences to embrace the glass canon idea of killing people before they kill me.

  2. #2
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    733

    Default

    Tried it, the trade off is far from worth it, valor is better.

    I use the 3 mage valor lessers, 2 cleric, and Maelow's branch.
    Rank 8, 11/11

  3. #3
    lgw
    lgw is offline
    Ascendant lgw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Dreamland
    Posts
    1,879

    Default

    There are no glass cannons in PVP.
    There are only dead-wannabe-cannons, once the first Rogue (or sometimes Warrior or Inqui) finds you.

    Valor all the way. I took 6x Epics, but you might go with only 2x Cleric Epic and 1x Mage Blue.

  4. #4
    General of Telara Eclipze's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    909

    Default

    No reason to sacrifice valor at r40. The +240 greatly outweighs the comparatively minimal gains in sp/sc from a pure dps sigil.
    Eclipze @ Retired Raider
    Mage Extraodinaire
    PVE <The Grubs> | <Thantos Gallanos Xantos>
    PVP <Terrible Idea>

  5. #5
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    467

    Default

    You can get away with it if you play right and have decent healers. I'm still ranking up and 'favor starved' so I have a valor/endurance/shield proc machine for survivability, and an inscribed-bought spell power machine for max DPS, and I switch between them as needed (loadequip!)

    Once I earn the rank 38 set bonus though, next to buy will be a valor/spellpower machine.

  6. #6
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    313

    Default

    Being on the squishy side of the spectrum your most valuable stat in pvp is valor, hands down.

  7. #7
    Ascendant lol r u mad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,867

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lgw View Post
    There are no glass cannons in PVP.
    There are only dead-wannabe-cannons, once the first Rogue (or sometimes Warrior or Inqui) finds you.

    Valor all the way. I took 6x Epics, but you might go with only 2x Cleric Epic and 1x Mage Blue.
    That's what I roll with, Occultists Storm is better IMO than the wisdom/Spell crit cleric epic.

    http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

  8. #8
    lgw
    lgw is offline
    Ascendant lgw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Dreamland
    Posts
    1,879

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lol u mad? View Post
    That's what I roll with, Occultists Storm is better IMO than the wisdom/Spell crit cleric epic.
    For Comparison:

    Seer's Storm: 25 Valor, 20 SP, 14 Crit
    Archangelic's Blessing: 33 Valor, 9 SP, 21 Crit, 14 Endurance

    Hence the question is... what would you prefer for PVP ?
    * 11 SP
    * 8 Valor, 7 Crit, 14 Endu

  9. #9
    Ascendant Soul sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,123

    Default

    I use both my bis dps sigil for pve and my 6x 33valor sigil. Depends on the team. You got to take into account that the pve sigil offers over 100 more damage per attack in most cases which is very nice, so if you can get away with it, use it. However on most teams just use valor

    There are times you should put it on... i.e. you're chasing a Whitefall Steppes flag carrier. I like to put on my pve sigil and relics/swap to Pyro synergy crystal for that and go pew pew ^^
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

  10. #10
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    724

    Default

    I always use the 6 BiS mage Sp lessers. I play my mage like a glass cannon an blow people up before they see me. Chances are if a nb/rs or sin/rs is willing to blow all his CDs an waste all his ports on you no amount of valor is going to alow you to live. I would rather do as much damage in the time I have available to do so.

    And no I don't play pyro/dom or chloro/dom
    Last edited by Fates; 02-28-2012 at 08:17 AM.

  11. #11
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    252

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soul sky View Post
    I use both my bis dps sigil for pve and my 6x 33valor sigil. Depends on the team. You got to take into account that the pve sigil offers over 100 more damage per attack in most cases which is very nice, so if you can get away with it, use it. However on most teams just use valor

    There are times you should put it on... i.e. you're chasing a Whitefall Steppes flag carrier. I like to put on my pve sigil and relics/swap to Pyro synergy crystal for that and go pew pew ^^
    This pretty much.
    Onde, mage dps / healing / support (Note: old signature)
    <Archetype>, Icewatch
    EE 2/5 | FT 4/4 | TotDQ 4/4 | 8/8 ID | 11/11 HK | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS | 4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | RotP 4/4 | PF 4/4 | PA 628

  12. #12
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soul sky View Post
    and my 6x 33valor sigil.
    Which 6, 33 valor lesser essence so you use?

  13. #13
    lgw
    lgw is offline
    Ascendant lgw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Dreamland
    Posts
    1,879

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalten AlThor View Post
    Which 6, 33 valor lesser essence so you use?
    1) Enable to see "other classes'" items at the vendor.
    2) Scroll down and find... epic Cleric 33 Valor essences.
    3) ???
    4) Profit !

  14. #14
    Ascendant Soul sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lgw View Post
    1) Enable to see "other classes'" items at the vendor.
    2) Scroll down and find... epic Cleric 33 Valor essences.
    3) ???
    4) Profit !
    More people need to become aware of this
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

  15. #15
    Ascendant Vihar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,949
    Otherwise known as Morganlefae

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts