+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Someone teach me the 36/30

Rift Disciple

Default Someone teach me the 36/30

So, I have mastered playing the "hot water" spec, the Pyro/Archon/Warlock, the 51 Archon , but do not reallyt have the kick *** ST damaging spec yet...I mainly Archon in my HK raids, but in the others I DPS. I have been running the SC/Pyro for a while, but would like to try out the 36/30...

So, what are the rotations and Macros, if anyone has the time or inclination to help me out..

Dagon of Faeblight...
    "I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious." -

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Bragi View Post
    So, I have mastered playing the "hot water" spec, the Pyro/Archon/Warlock, the 51 Archon , but do not reallyt have the kick *** ST damaging spec yet...I mainly Archon in my HK raids, but in the others I DPS. I have been running the SC/Pyro for a while, but would like to try out the 36/30...

So, what are the rotations and Macros, if anyone has the time or inclination to help me out..

Dagon of Faeblight...
    http://bluedots.org/content.php?141-dps
    bluedots.org for all your mage needs really

simply put from website: keep darktouch/searing vitality up always. refresh them when they drop, not when they're at 0. i use this as my spam macro:
    #show fireball
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast countdown
    cast flame bolt
    cast fireball

Though im wondering on that and would like a bit of feedback on whether thats actually a dps loss

have a flame bolt, cinder burst, and fireball of in their own little world for heat wave (also flame bolt before you apply dots at beginning of fight). During heatwave, dont refresh dots, just hit flame bolt once at 10 seconds(about the time flame bolt will drop off).

Internalized charged is better to be on when you apply dots, though its not as big of a priority as it was with Defilemancer. The reasoning is explained in detail at bluedots.

Sword of Telara

Don't run any macros. It's more advantageous to use your flame bolts to keep your combust stacks at 3 should your luck be poor. Spending all 4 in a row may seem like a DPS increase, but if your following fireballs all fail to refresh stacks you just lost a huge DoT on the boss for no reason. As long as you use the instants before they expire you are fine. It's far more useful to do fireball fireball flame bolt keeping combust is more important than spamming flame bolt all at once.

At the end of heat wave, if your charge is sufficient you can toggle IC on, hit withering flames, toggle IC off and get a string of huge damage withering flame tics. About the only time it's worthwhile, they crit usually in the range of 3xxx-4xxx/s.

+ Reply to Thread