+ Reply to Thread

Thread: !.8 Mage changes worthless

Default !.8 Mage changes worthless

Just read about the changes to mages, and the changes they made are basically worthless. Elemental needs a total overhaul, and Necro and warlock need a serious dps buff. Mages are broken in pvp unless you go Dom/? or Pyro/?. With as many souls as there are you should be able to use them all in pvp..It is a big downer that you have to use certain ones to be successful in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by everquestfan View Post
    Just read about the changes to mages, and the changes they made are basically worthless. Elemental needs a total overhaul, and Necro and warlock need a serious dps buff. Mages are broken in pvp unless you go Dom/? or Pyro/?. With as many souls as there are you should be able to use them all in pvp..It is a big downer that you have to use certain ones to be successful in pvp.
    Why would you want warlock to have a DPS buff when it can hybridize with every other class?
    I can understand if it was lacking flexibility like necro or elementalist, but it has incredibly compatibility with nearly every soul in the game.

It's fine.

Aw damn it, i thought this thread was gonna teach me how to become worthless as a mage, imagine my dissapointment.

Use the qq thread you worthless poster you.

I fail to understand why you're posting this under "Guides" as well =/

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Aguni View Post
    Why would you want warlock to have a DPS buff when it can hybridize with every other class?
    I can understand if it was lacking flexibility like necro or elementalist, but it has incredibly compatibility with nearly every soul in the game.

It's fine.
    I guess the answer would be that he wants a dps boost because the soul should be able to be played on its own terms - not only as a booster for every other soul. Makes sense to me.

However, I agree - mostly the mage class overall seems to need an overhaul - and while I am happy with the warlock changes, what about the fact that half of the mage souls don't see any use except for leveling?

I mean, I'm all for pvp, but why eliminate the pvp soul if you are going to have a soul like Dom that has no use I can possibly imagine in pve? It is basically the pvp soul.

I think the real answer is to buff warriors as much as possible.

+ Reply to Thread