+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: why is lifebound veil always broke when leveling up but fine at lvl 50?

  1. #1
    Rift Master turbododge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    653

    Default why is lifebound veil always broke when leveling up but fine at lvl 50?

    as the title says; why is lifebound veil always broke when leveling up but fine at lvl 50?

    ive gotta 50 mage on defiant and gaurdian, and currently leveling another mage, lvl 32 atm, and i also have 2 other mages in the 25-30 range.. On every single one of them lifebound veil always worked for **** till i hit 50, and at 50, it finnaly started to heal more then lifegiving.

    i have max points into synth/lbv buffs and it does nothing.

    last 8 or so dungeons i was in, had synth on tank/lbv up, and my void life would hit for around 150 damage / heal the tank for 120ish... i throw up lifegiving, and the void life hits for 150 damage and heals tank for 183... ****s broke, and its always been broke on all my mages ive used chloro on.

    Its been that way since beta when i started playing.. if needed i can fraps up a vid and post it to show whats going on.

    Eshebala@Deepwood
    11/11HK - 8/8 ID - 4/4FT - 5/5 EE
    Check out my youtube channel for Gaming, Automotive, and Firearms
    http://www.youtube.com/user/91XtremeRT

  2. #2
    Rift Master turbododge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    653

    Default

    i ment to say vile spores (not void life)

    Eshebala@Deepwood
    11/11HK - 8/8 ID - 4/4FT - 5/5 EE
    Check out my youtube channel for Gaming, Automotive, and Firearms
    http://www.youtube.com/user/91XtremeRT

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Lifebound and synthesis really need to be moved to 42 point abilities in the chloro tree. Until then lifegiving veil is better in every single way.

  4. #4
    Champion LockedOn666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    561

    Default

    better question, why do you have 3 mages in the 20 - 35 bracket?.....

  5. #5
    Ascendant Hotter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,089

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LockedOn666 View Post
    better question, why do you have 3 mages in the 20 - 35 bracket?.....
    Because he/she can. Altoholics ftw.

  6. #6
    Ascendant Xenoheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,532

    Default

    It's not broke, you are just using the wrong spells.

    Lifebound increases healing out put to the tank drastically from void life and nature's touch.

    An easy macro to use sub 50 for tank healing is this:

    #show nature's touch
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast nature's touch
    cast ruin
    cast vile spores

    Its simple, you cast nature's touch everytime you can, it keeps dots from ruin and vile spores up too. Many times ruin will be up right after nature's touch giving a nice quick dose of tank healing with those two spells. I hope this helps! good luck!

    NOTE: dont worry about radiant spores if the tank needs more heals than your party. the tank hits for so little damage that it doesnt heal him much. Use it only when the party needs more health.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

  7. #7
    Rift Master turbododge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    653

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xenoheart View Post
    It's not broke, you are just using the wrong spells.

    Lifebound increases healing out put to the tank drastically from void life and nature's touch.

    An easy macro to use sub 50 for tank healing is this:

    #show nature's touch
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast nature's touch
    cast ruin
    cast vile spores

    Its simple, you cast nature's touch everytime you can, it keeps dots from ruin and vile spores up too. Many times ruin will be up right after nature's touch giving a nice quick dose of tank healing with those two spells. I hope this helps! good luck!

    NOTE: dont worry about radiant spores if the tank needs more heals than your party. the tank hits for so little damage that it doesnt heal him much. Use it only when the party needs more health.
    yeah but what about the perk i have 3 points into that "increases healing done by life based damaging abilities to the player with the synthises buff by 60%" ???

    if it was working right, my vile spores / natures touch / everything would heal for a hell of alot more with lifebound veil up... but it dont.. its a hell of a lot less then life giving.

    and also, im 11/11hk on gaurdian / 10/11hk on defiant on all my 50's in my signature. ive been around a while and know how to play chloro lol

    Quote Originally Posted by LockedOn666 View Post
    better question, why do you have 3 mages in the 20 - 35 bracket?.....
    look at my signature, i them are just my 50's lol

    i get all raids on for the week on all my toons, i get bored and make alts cuz to me, leveling up and learning /using new abilites / watch the character progress and get strong is just as fun as raiding for me.
    Last edited by turbododge; 02-26-2012 at 01:47 PM.

    Eshebala@Deepwood
    11/11HK - 8/8 ID - 4/4FT - 5/5 EE
    Check out my youtube channel for Gaming, Automotive, and Firearms
    http://www.youtube.com/user/91XtremeRT

  8. #8
    Ascendant Primalthirst's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    5,832

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by turbododge View Post
    last 8 or so dungeons i was in, had synth on tank/lbv up, and my void life would hit for around 150 damage / heal the tank for 120ish... i throw up lifegiving, and the void life hits for 150 damage and heals tank for 183... ****s broke, and its always been broke on all my mages ive used chloro on.
    If Void Life under LBV healed for less than under LGV then either most of it was overheals or you were looking at the second heal for 90% of damage that Void Life procs on LBV targets.
    Last edited by Primalthirst; 02-26-2012 at 02:14 PM.
    Nope.

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    If Void Life under LBV healed for less than under LGV then either most of it was overheals or you were looking at the second heal for 90% of damage that Void Life procs on LBV targets.
    As per the second post in the thread, that should read vile spores not void life.

  10. #10
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    733

    Default

    All life spells should be healing your synthesized ally for more than it would be with LGV, just no where near what it would be healing with vold life or nature's touch. If it isn't, then something is broken, I'll see if i can confirm this tonight on my mage alt.

    Yup, I have a mage alt as well as my main(lower level brackets 10x more fun)
    Rank 8, 11/11

  11. #11
    Ascendant Aguni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,387

    Default

    More than likely what you're seeing is the result of a bit of overhealing.
    Basically, LGV/LBV are not going to show you the entire amount the tank was being healed for exactly.

    LBV is perfectly fine below 50, its just that void life/nature's touch make better use of it due to having a second heal on top of the initial heal.

  12. #12
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2

    Default

    I've noticed this as well. I'm at lvl 28 with 3/3 in Empowered Veil and Natural Fusion, but Ruin/Vile Spores will only heal ~75% of damage done to my Synthesis target. Nature's Touch however, will do 260% + the extra 100%. In comparison, Lifegiving Veil will always do ~110% like it should.

  13. #13
    Rift Disciple Emarithiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    112

    Default

    Never before have I seen a better example that more play time does not mean you know what you are talking about. 2 level 50s and you don't know the difference between the 2 most important skills a chloro has.

    Read synth and lbv descriptions. Hell, go for lgv as well!
    "This raid needs more squirrel."

  14. #14
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    129

    Default

    At level 40, Lifegiving veil is ~114% of damage done as healing, and lifebound veil and synthesis is ~113%

    At level 41, Lifegiving veil is 115% of damage done as healing, and lifebound veil and synthesis is 117% to the person with synthesis.

    Prior to 41, lifebound and synthesis aren't really worth using. The only saving grace is Nature's Touch, but if that gets resisted that's a 15 second period where you'll have been doing subpar heals, which could very well mean a death.

    That also ignores the fact that you get lifebound veil at level 11. You also can get synthesis at that point if you place a point on it. You don't get nature's touch until 16 at the earliest. At that point, lifegiving veil is healing for around 80% of damage, lifebound heals for about 20%, or about 30% with synthesis. So right there is a 5 level window where there is absolutely zero reason to use LBV/Synth. The ability progression is broken. Period.

  15. #15
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xioden View Post
    At level 40, Lifegiving veil is ~114% of damage done as healing, and lifebound veil and synthesis is ~113%

    At level 41, Lifegiving veil is 115% of damage done as healing, and lifebound veil and synthesis is 117% to the person with synthesis.

    Prior to 41, lifebound and synthesis aren't really worth using. The only saving grace is Nature's Touch, but if that gets resisted that's a 15 second period where you'll have been doing subpar heals, which could very well mean a death.

    That also ignores the fact that you get lifebound veil at level 11. You also can get synthesis at that point if you place a point on it. You don't get nature's touch until 16 at the earliest. At that point, lifegiving veil is healing for around 80% of damage, lifebound heals for about 20%, or about 30% with synthesis. So right there is a 5 level window where there is absolutely zero reason to use LBV/Synth. The ability progression is broken. Period.
    Wow that's terrible. So synthesis doesn't do anything without Natural Fusion? I feel like it used to but, you know, I leveled in 1.0.

    Also, the updated tooltips, while simpler, are much more vague and less informative.
    Rank 8, 11/11

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts