+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hey guys help with my build please.

Shadowlander

Default Hey guys help with my build please.

Ok so ive been messing around with a Necro/Pyro/Warlock build and i want some input on it. Im thinking use it for pve not pvp so keep that in mind. Here is the build followed by some of my thoughts and reasoning.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...0A00Vx.xccc.-5

Ok so my thought is that fireball is way stronger than void bolt and with the stuff from warlock tree its dot will be much stronger. I was up in the air in between potency and vitality i went with vitality because it will give me better sustainability and i dint feel more crit was need but i wanted to see some thoughts on it.

I went deep enough in necro to get upgraded undead and soul purge for damage and healing. The pyro tree also gives me boosted starts from int buff and glyph of power.

So tell me what you think and share any advice.

Shadowlander

Come on someone must have thoughts on this build!

Sadly, the only way to get the best dps or functionality is via cooki cutter builds.. making you"own" builds usually results in subpar performance.

Well...

I don't think it'll be topping parses against the other cookie cutter builds. But I mean for soloing I guess it's fine?

FT 4/4(Conq) EE 5/5(Conq)ToDQ 4/4(Conq) HM 4/4 IDH 4/4 GA 4/4 IG 3/3 PB 1/5

Shadowlander

It was just an idea i mean if they fireball damage and dot arent worth it ill just stick to necro/lock solo build but fireball has better damage than voidbolt and would apply a dot so it seemed worth it.

Well the whole point of using void bolt is not because of its damage(unless you're 51pt lock then that's another discussion) but because it refreshes life leech without having to cast life leech again.
    Last edited by Mayakov; 02-25-2012 at 04:22 PM.

FT 4/4(Conq) EE 5/5(Conq)ToDQ 4/4(Conq) HM 4/4 IDH 4/4 GA 4/4 IG 3/3 PB 1/5

Shadowlander

I considered that but thought that the extra damage and crit chance from fireball plus its dot would make having to refresh life leech worth it.

+ Reply to Thread