+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: 50 soon help on gears

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7

    Default 50 soon help on gears

    hi i'm hiting 50 soon so i want to know which gears should i get to be ready for whatever raid i need to go, was looking at Ah today and saw a set item should i get that? or just get normal epic without set will do?

  2. #2
    Prophet of Telara BrownsMageNerfDelivery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sleepypanda View Post
    hi i'm hiting 50 soon so i want to know which gears should i get to be ready for whatever raid i need to go, was looking at Ah today and saw a set item should i get that? or just get normal epic without set will do?
    If you can spare the plat or patiently save up the required crafting cooldowns (Infinite Essences, Radiant Witchweave, etc.), you may want to go at least for 3/4 Tormentor's Gear. Use Epic intelligence augments if possible (Flawless Etherialite).

    Run DH with guild members, friends on shard or a pug if there are enough going on. Aim to get the ring from the third boss and the neck from the first boss (Winter's Woe and Abyssal General's Insignia).

    Finding weapons is a bit more involved, I would say. You can try to see if anyone is running Tier 2 Raid Rifts on Ember Isle and hope mage weapons drop (and make sure to ask if you can roll on these before going). Or try to get in on a T1 20-man raid. These are a bit more involved, may involve you learning the fights and can be difficult to form (in getting 20 people together if not on a guild run).

    If you are just running Expert Dungeons, then just look for anything with more spellpower. That is an upgrade.

    World Best
    AT LEAST 20 MOTHER****ERS TRIED TO BAN ME BUT I'M STILL HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by Gile View Post
    We do not want to carry you like GO had to for SO So go kill yourself
    I GOT 99 PROBLEMS BUT A BAN AIN'T ONE

  3. #3
    Mse
    Mse is offline
    Telaran
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    92

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrownsMageNerfDelivery View Post
    If you can spare the plat or patiently save up the required crafting cooldowns (Infinite Essences, Radiant Witchweave, etc.), you may want to go at least for 3/4 Tormentor's Gear. Use Epic intelligence augments if possible (Flawless Etherialite).

    Run DH with guild members, friends on shard or a pug if there are enough going on. Aim to get the ring from the third boss and the neck from the first boss (Winter's Woe and Abyssal General's Insignia).

    Finding weapons is a bit more involved, I would say. You can try to see if anyone is running Tier 2 Raid Rifts on Ember Isle and hope mage weapons drop (and make sure to ask if you can roll on these before going). Or try to get in on a T1 20-man raid. These are a bit more involved, may involve you learning the fights and can be difficult to form (in getting 20 people together if not on a guild run).

    If you are just running Expert Dungeons, then just look for anything with more spellpower. That is an upgrade.




    TY for the info =D i hit 50 few days ago n had no clue aswell ;)

  4. #4
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7

    Default

    is there a stats limit mark we have to hit befor we can join a raid dungeon?

  5. #5
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    70

    Default

    You will want over 100 focus for expert dungeons.
    200 focus minimum for Tier 1 raids, GSB, ROS, DH, GP
    same 200 focus for master mode dungeons
    300 focus minimum for HK and RotP

    The player made Tormenter's gear with flawless etherialite augments are very good pieces to get. Wearing chest, shoulders, and the ring to get the 3/4 set bonus is worth wearing over Amunet's from the raid 1 vendor. The staff is better than anything from an expert dungeon, but definitely take a staff from a raid once you get the opportunity, the 4/4 tormentor bonus will only be about 1-2% of your overall dps.

    Find a guild that still does the T1 raids, since a lot of the gear that drops in those just gets broken down, or is passed on by everyone and sold to fund banners, and they probably have crafters with all the tormentor's recipies.

  6. #6
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    313

    Default

    if u just hit 50 and want gearz as mage u want to do 10 man big time for sure you get weapon ring wand neck chest and then if u can try and get into gsb or ros runs for lewt too its also gud but not as gud cause 4 some reazon 10 man loot is really really gud.

    den again if u need focus best thing 2 do is expert dungeons and raid/expert riftz but once u get 215 u can do raids definitely

    also ur source core will need lots of essences cause most mage greaters r really b so ud want to do lots of raid rifts and instant adventures and weekly stuff too

    and if u really want u can has good staff from expert CR but best bet is mebbe crafted gear it also gud, if it was me id just raid for loot

  7. #7
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7

    Default

    hey all thx for all the help and reply. ok so from what i read if i no $$ better start with 10dungeon right? so those 10 dungeon i can just go in dun need a stats req? and i read around the forum saw ppl talking about mage crit soft cap? but what is the number/% is the soft cap ppl been talking around.

  8. #8
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sleepypanda View Post
    hey all thx for all the help and reply. ok so from what i read if i no $$ better start with 10dungeon right? so those 10 dungeon i can just go in dun need a stats req? and i read around the forum saw ppl talking about mage crit soft cap? but what is the number/% is the soft cap ppl been talking around.
    sof cap is crit on gear @ 45% b4 any raid buffs or personal buffs but if ur brand new i think ull just want basically every upgrade u see. only time i b like naw i dun want that is if i already has a piece wit moar spell powah

  9. #9
    Rift Chaser Garethe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bounci View Post
    sof cap is crit on gear @ 45% b4 any raid buffs or personal buffs but if ur brand new i think ull just want basically every upgrade u see. only time i b like naw i dun want that is if i already has a piece wit moar spell powah
    Please tell me you are intentionally typing that badly.

    I think my eyes are bleeding.
    Guardian: Kalgarr/Berhard/Garethe/Albreacht, The Granite Guard @Seastone
    Defiant: Aelai/Reiniger @Seastone
    Nec Mirior, Nec Timeo!

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hockessin Delaware
    Posts
    152

    Default

    what are they teaching in school these days...spell like you speak?
    "I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious." -

  11. #11
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    313

    Default

    lol I was doing it for the light trolling lulz, best part is I was genuinely giving him advice and he understood it.

  12. #12
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7

    Default

    hi again. now i'm stuck on Planar Attunement haha what should i get? i see there is alot of element type so abit stuck on them =.= and a pvp..
    Last edited by sleepypanda; 03-03-2012 at 09:08 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts