+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Please make stormcaller viable for single target DPS

Default Please make stormcaller viable for single target DPS

When the new ID crystals are released, may I ask for one thing...

PLEASE MAKE STORMCALLER VIABLE FOR SINGLE TARGET

That may be too much to ask for, but its my favorite spec of mage to play and I miss it. I really enjoyed the hard hitting lightning strikes and SC nukes, and hope that some form of stormcaller can become viable!

I feel that the buffs are to centered around pyro and warlock and will slowly funnel all the mages into that if they havnt already!

Prophet of Telara

TRION now seems to be of the mindset that every calling has an "aoe soul", and stormcaller is ours. I doubt you'll ever see a deep-SC spec doing competitive ST DPS again. And I don't have a problem with that.

Havnt enjoyed DPSing as a mage since SC/Ele. One alternative mage spec which does not contain lock/pyro would be cool!

I didn't think Kervik would be in charge of developing such items, but rather the itemisation team? Who knows...
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

RIFT Guide Writer

Right now, SC/pyro isn't top end DPS but isn't laughable like 51 necro or 51 ele. I think 44+ SC should be somewhere around SC/pyro in DPS. I'd like to be able to use Lightning Storm and a DPS brez in PvE!!!

Also, it would give us a much-needed nuke spec.
    Last edited by Beckmann; 02-25-2012 at 09:05 AM.
    Oif - Mage | Bagel - Rogue | Duirin - Cleric
    <Vendetta> @ Faeblight - Officer Emeritus

It was like 3 am yesterday and I had nothing better to do than cry for a stormcaller buff. I have no hopes for this thread, just a rant because I love stormcaller.

Plane Touched

All I wanna say if SC can get ST love then CAB can get it too

Quote Originally Posted by Berzz View Post

That may be too much to ask for, but its my favorite spec of mage to play and I miss it. I really enjoyed the hard hitting lightning strikes and SC nukes, and hope that some form of stormcaller can become viable!

I feel that the buffs are to centered around pyro and warlock and will slowly funnel all the mages into that if they havnt already!
    Kervik is the mage dev, not an itemization dev.

Mage devs have big influence on synergy crystals that affect mages. Remember all the feeback we received from him when the lock crystal was changed?

If it's anything like other games I've played then set bonuses fall under the Class Dev due to balance implications.
    Telarans on class balance: Rock is overpowered. Paper is fine. - Scissors

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Kazzin View Post
    TRION now seems to be of the mindset that every calling has an "aoe soul", and stormcaller is ours. I doubt you'll ever see a deep-SC spec doing competitive ST DPS again. And I don't have a problem with that.
    I approve this.

I don't personally think that they should make sc/ele a viable ST dps.

But this dose not say that you CAN'T use it anymore. It might still be useful in the future on a boss with lots of AOE killing for the mages.

That is something that they could do but don't change it back the way it was befor.

Mage devs have big influence on synergy crystals that affect mages. Remember all the feeback we received from him when the lock crystal was changed?
    I see what you did there ...
    Adaiii <-Vendetta->

I hear mages need a buff!
    Kaybye ~

Continous tweaks to warlock/pyro are forcing all the mages to play them in raids. I thought that was something trying to be avoided. I thought the whole point of having (7) DPS souls was that they could all be used to achieve the same goal in a different way.

Im happy that mages are viable in Single Target atm. I am not happy that pyro/lock/archon is the only way to achieve that. (The defilemancer takes away from the raiding experience imo) instead of feeling the raid instance I feel forced into the boring and needing0of-lots-of attention rotation.

What really made my mage E-peen hard was the nice juicy arctic blast/ lightning strike crits back in the day with SC/ElE.

One suggestion I think would be practical would be:

- Give lightning burst a cooldown and have it so it does not remove any electrified stacks.
    - Or Give stormcaller tempest?? Deep in the tree (Tempest seems like more of an SC talent then a Elementalist talent ;))
    Last edited by Berzz; 02-28-2012 at 08:02 PM.

I'm OK with SC being an AOE-heavy soul but it's still currently lacking at that. Pyro can do competitive damage in much less time and with simpler rotations. Although SC is more complex, we should be able to say "yeah well when it's executed perfectly you can pull off huge DPS" but I don't think that's the case right now.

Pyro has Spark.
    Elementalist has Tempest.
    Stormcaller has... a battle-res? o_O

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast