+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Mage DoTs 1.8

Rift Master

Default Mage DoTs 1.8

Yes you heard me, the DoT dmg from mages in this game is still crap even with the suggested changes on PTS.

Why isn't Life Leech Instant and why isnt it healing for 90% of the dmg done just like the Clerics one VEX.
    Why Haven't Dark Touch been getting an Decent buff?
    Why should mage have to sacrifice 15% life for doing 20%more dmg in (sacrifice dmg talent), warlock already had enough hard time as it is for surviving.

Why do shaddow life have a 3min CD and heal for 50% of the mages maximum health, it never even heals for that wiith all those Healing debuffs flying around in this game??. It heals for 25% (LOL) and has a 3MIN CD !!! Better u give warlock a heal spell instead simular to Bloom but just with little longer cd like 10-12sec and only can target the mage!!!

Why are draining bolts dmg so low and why do it only heal for 50% of the dmg done with healing debuffs on you it's even more useless. (it should heal for 100% and the dmg should be increased by 200%)

WHy don't warlock have cleanse spell?

Why do Devouring Shaddow spell tick for so low?

Why do neddra's torture only gives 3%more dmg buff??? (should be atleast 10% to make it worth casting)

Why are defile so faar up in the tree as 38?? It's to high in the tree! Either switch defiles place with warlock armor (making it a 26point ability) or switch its place with choke (making it a 32 point ability)!!!

Why increase the duration of withering whine and not boost the dmg???

Why decrease the duration of ignite and refuse to buff both the direct dmg it does and the dmg overtime it provides from casting???. (Both the dmg it does over time and the direct dmg when cast should be boosted by 100% atleast!!!) Seriously buff the DMG!!! Elementist needs all help it can get lol!

Why not make all DoTs act like Haunting pain wich stacks and make it harder to cleanse????

Why increase the duration time of haunting pain and not buff it's direct dmg???

I see alot of things here that needs to be done, but ive seen nothing so faar beeing even taken into consern.

Like mage dev said in some of his last post that most people was pleased with these changes he done like it was all that we needed.....

Iam NOT pleased, we need more to be done about these things stated above!!!

And as allways we get ignored and they don't listen...

/Swift

Champion of Telara

Why are you still here? I thought you were leaving/had left?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftspell View Post
    Mage DoTs 1.8 And the Devs ignorance to see the problem
    An excellent way to get someone to take your views seriously, by calling them 'ignorant'.

I'm sure they listen when someone says something of value, in your case here it seems unlikely.
    Last edited by Kerin; 02-24-2012 at 12:32 AM.

Shield of Telara

There's actually a few things in there with which I agree. The manner in which it was presented, however, was very poor.

1/5
    Rank 8, 11/11

Yes you heard me, the DoT dmg from mages in this game is still crap even with the suggested changes on PTS.

Why isn't Life Leech Instant and why isnt it healing for 90% of the dmg done just like the Clerics one VEX.
    Why should mage have to sacrifice 15% life for doing 20%more dmg in (sacrifice dmg talent), warlock already had enough hard time as it is for surviving.

Why do shaddow life have a 3min CD and heal for 50% of the mages maximum health, it never even heals for that wiith all those Healing debuffs flying around in this game??. It heals for 25% (LOL) and has a 3MIN CD !!! Better u give warlock a heal spell instead simular to Bloom but just with little longer cd like 10-12sec and only can target the mage!!!

Why are draining bolts dmg so low and why do it only heal for 50% of the dmg done with healing debuffs on you it's even more useless. (it should heal for 100% and the dmg should be increased by 200%)

Why do neddra's torture only gives 3%more dmg buff??? (should be atleast 10% to make it worth casting)

Why are defile so faar up in the tree as 38?? It's to high in the tree! Either switch defiles place with warlock armor (making it a 26point ability) or switch its place with choke (making it a 32 point ability)!!!

Why decrease the duration of ignite and refuse to buff both the direct dmg it does and the dmg overtime it provides from casting???. (Both the dmg it does over time and the direct dmg when cast should be boosted by 100% atleast!!!) Seriously buff the DMG!!! Elementist needs all help it can get lol!

Why not make all DoTs act like Haunting pain wich stacks and make it harder to cleanse????

I see alot of things here that needs to be done, but ive seen nothing so faar beeing even taken into consern.

Like mage dev said in some of his last post that most people was pleased with these changes he done like it was all that we needed.....

/Swift
    Warlock definitely needs an instant cast Life Leech with 90% (maybe 100%) healing. Imho they NEEEEEEEED to buff Neddra's Influence so that mages going DEEP into Lock have a lot of dot punch (so to the pyro/lock domination). I'd remove the charge consumption off Defile and allow Radiate Death to spread ALL dots on a target that are affected by Neddra's Influence.

I agree with increasing the dmg/healing off Draining Bolt too, as is it's meh.

I'd remove the CD off Neddra's Grasp too, why have a CD on a dot that does pfffff damage?

At the core of it what's needed if nothing else is too buff Neddra's Influence so full Locks have some actual dps with our dots. As is you have to stack and restack dots, I feel like I'm wasting my time with the valor in PvP atm. The valor is fine, but our dots are waaaaay behind.....c'mon Trion, Pyros and Doms and occasional Chloros are about all I see anymore in warfronts.

Warlock, Necromancer, Elementalist, etc etc....your soul system is out of whack in EVERY class, wake up.

Quote Originally Posted by ElusiveJones View Post
    There's actually a few things in there with which I agree. The manner in which it was presented, however, was very poor.

1/5
    You critique a lot, how about giving some actual constructive feedback?

/Swift
    The way you type out your thoughts makes me want to slam my private parts in a car door.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by niochua View Post
    The way you type out your thoughts makes me want to slam my private parts in a car door.
    Owwwwwwwww.

Quote Originally Posted by niochua View Post
    I felt that unfortunately.

I think that, in PVE, the only shortcomings I see with deep warlock in 1.8 have to do with the fact the damage is backloaded without any kind of backload dump, and the AoE is subpar compared to other specs. I think deep warlock should have some kind of way to consume the dots for lower instant damage.

In PVP, it's just a mess. Valor was introduced to mitigate damage primarily because the burst was too high. In this respect, DoTs are unfairly penalized. Additionally, warlock DoTs need some cleanse prevention mechanic, like WoW's unstable affliction.

Just take all dots off the global cooldown imo.
    Landslide - Greybriar. ( Vendetta )
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

Rqp

Yes, this post is over-raged, but sadly he's totaly right =\ DoTs ARE (mostly) a joke.

Shadowlander

Devs: "We're listening"
    Players: "CHANGES, CHANGES, CHANGES"
    what Devs actually hear: "what? QQmoar? what, nerf rogues? roger! what, warriors need a buff? roger! what? mage class is not complicated enough? Program more DoTs for use."

Devs are listening, check Dev tracker. ALL THEY CARE ABOUT are not CLASS BALANCE, BETTER ITEMIZATION or BETTER PVP.
    ALL THEY CARE ABOUT..is..IN-GAME FUNERAL FOR SOME IRRELEVANT CASUALS.
    ALL THEY CARE ABOUT..is..IN-GAME CARNIVAL that BRINGS OLD CURRENCIES SO THAT CAREBEARS CAN GET THEIR PETS.
    ALL THEY CARE ABOUT..is..IN-GAME MARRIAGE RECORD THAT DOES NOT MATTER AT ALL.
    ALL THEY CARE ABOUT..is..MAKING EI EXTREMELY HARD FOR PROGRESSIVE PLAYERS, AND EXTREMELY EASY FOR CASUALS.
    ALL THEY CARE ABOUT..is..RUSH THE BIGGEST POSSIBLE NERF FOR AKYLIOS, SO THAT CASUAL GUILDS CAN CATCH UP IN TIME FOR ID, WHICH PRESUMABLY IS GOING TO BE BUGGY JUST LIKE THE PREVIOUS RAID INSTANCES.

ROCK ON, TRION YOU SURE ARE MAKING CASUALS REALLY REALLY HAPPY.

Shadowlander

Some nice suggestions to lock in this thread.

I like the one about moving Defile to 26 points. I use Choke, you can keep that at 32. You could get all the % increases to spell damage from both pyro/lock and still have Defile. Would be nice.

I also like the change mentioned to Radiant Death, allow it to spread all dots.

And yes, Neddra's Grasp is nothing damage, buff this please. Add a dot to this so it does damage as well as doing damage when performing actions.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Kazutopia View Post
    Some nice suggestions to lock in this thread.

I like the one about moving Defile to 26 points. I use Choke, you can keep that at 32. You could get all the % increases to spell damage from both pyro/lock and still have Defile. Would be nice.

I also like the change mentioned to Radiant Death, allow it to spread all dots.

And yes, Neddra's Grasp is nothing damage, buff this please. Add a dot to this so it does damage as well as doing damage when performing actions.
    Could not figure out how to edit this, I wanted to add - Removing the charge from Defile, that would be nice too. That would mean more charge for you to use on IC.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast