+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Forked Lightning hits 8.

Telaran

Default Forked Lightning hits 8.

Posted by Amary in PTS Thread

STORMCALLER
    * Forked Lightning: Increased max number of targets this can hit to 8.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Amnita View Post
    Posted by Amary in PTS Thread

STORMCALLER
    * Forked Lightning: Increased max number of targets this can hit to 8.
    Woohoo!!!
    What I always wanted!
    Hope they increase the hit box a bit though..... aky/jonaru/lasher is a bit irritating.

Good change to hopefully combat the nothing but firestorm spam everyone does now. Now maybe make ruination hit 8 targets pretty please? And do something with grave rot? More choices is always better trion!
    Last edited by Relair; 02-23-2012 at 05:23 PM.

Cool, good change. I still think cloudburst needs a small damage bump as well.

Champion of Telara

Interesting how a post about a buff often triggers multiple posts for more buffs to other skills :P.

Quote Originally Posted by masakari81 View Post
    Interesting how a post about a buff often triggers multiple posts for more buffs to other skills :P.
    Gotta strike while the iron is hot you know!

Quote Originally Posted by Relair View Post
    Gotta strike while the iron is hot you know!
    I don't know whether to laugh or graon at this, I'll settle for both.

more boosts to make 51 SC viable please!
    Windstorm - Mage - Faeblight US
    Hi, I'm back!
    Faeblight since CB3

Quote Originally Posted by Araenn View Post
    I don't know whether to laugh or graon at this, I'll settle for both.

more boosts to make 51 SC viable please!
    That's the spirit! If we ask long enough SC, necro and elementalist might actually be usable!

Plane Touched

Wow... i hope this goes live.
    DragonflySeksParade@?
    Fivedollarfootlong@? (rip Multipass)
    Primetime@?
    Proudly formerly a part of guilds such as Order of Shadow, Virus, & Blackout. And have met a lot of fun, great players along the way

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Gumdrop View Post
    Cool, good change. I still think cloudburst needs a small damage bump as well.
    Disagree. SC/pyro is in a great spot with good ramp-up time, excellent mobility, and reasonable ST dps with amazing AE. The class needs a more serious review to make 44+ SC perform the same as SC/pyro so we can bring pure nuke, non-pyro builds to raid.
    Oif - Mage | Bagel - Rogue | Duirin - Cleric
    <Vendetta> @ Faeblight - Officer Emeritus

Rift Chaser

SC/Pyro when fully debuffed on targets does decent damage, however it's still nothing like what 51 stormcaller used to be. A well placed hailstorm + eye of the stem + lightning storm + field = 10 dead people, everytime. I think while that may of been a little much it should still at least be threatening. I saw someones EotS ticking on me for sub 100 yesterday, a skill that when building storm was still around would crit everytime for 1500+ on full valor.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Bounci View Post
    SC/Pyro when fully debuffed on targets does decent damage, however it's still nothing like what 51 stormcaller used to be. A well placed hailstorm + eye of the stem + lightning storm + field = 10 dead people, everytime. I think while that may of been a little much it should still at least be threatening. I saw someones EotS ticking on me for sub 100 yesterday, a skill that when building storm was still around would crit everytime for 1500+ on full valor.
    Yup, what did hypothermia used to do? +100% crit damage I think? +30% from archmage.

Yeah, -130% crit damage on hypothermia causing spells, nahh that won't completely obliterate SC in PvP.
    Rank 8, 11/11

I still think 51sc/11pyro is better than the more combined versions of sc and pyro for pvp, I think many people carryover sc/pyro from pve to a pvp setting because the sustained dmg in pve is great and reliable, but the focus on pvp is more on burst, and the icicle nerf significantly reduces its overall ability to do this. 51sc can still snag stuff like flicker, burning shield and gop in low pyro which are important for its dmg and kiting, but the difference is it also has stuff like eye of the storm still, 15ish% water dmg increase, and lightning burst.
    Both start off with the raging storm/electrocute channel which is 3s in both specs, so the time that sc/pyro is saving on its reduced gcd is really only how much more dmg is needed after that, taking into account some specs need to throw in flame bolt as well to get equivalent dmg on cbs.... because lightning burst is so powerful in its current state sc/pyro isn't really saving much time to do the same amount of dmg but needs to cast more to make up for it. The one strength i would say it does have though is when 51sc can't setup lb bc sc/pyro does more mobile dmg.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Beckmann View Post
    Disagree. SC/pyro is in a great spot with good ramp-up time, excellent mobility, and reasonable ST dps with amazing AE. The class needs a more serious review to make 44+ SC perform the same as SC/pyro so we can bring pure nuke, non-pyro builds to raid.
    I somewhat agree with this.... but I fail to see how it's doable.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by masakari81 View Post
    I somewhat agree with this.... but I fail to see how it's doable.
    Passive +30% crit damge to air and water spells at 44 points into SC. PvP fixed, PvE fixed. Win.
    Rank 8, 11/11

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast