+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Glass cannon chloro PvP

Default Glass cannon chloro PvP

From what I've read on these forums preventing damage is more useful than LGV on valor targets, but I would like to try it myself first.

There does not seem to be much discussion beyond dom and chloro for pvp, which I understand. But I have been leveling with a pyro/chloro build that heals similarly to a pve chloro, straight nature dd with high mobility and as many damage modifiers as I can get.

I've been doing warfronts when I reach the mid tier of a level 25-30, 35-40 and have done well so far.

This is my build so far and could use some help allocating for 50
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...x.EdIh0h00o.-5

I have 5 points left with quite a few alternatives.

Unbreakable Bonds
    Fire Shield
    Backdraft
    Pyromancers Armor - goes against the build but would be fun
    Improved Glyphs of Power
    Nature's Swiftness

Are the ones that pop out at me, while Circle of Life and Call of Spring sit nearby.

I use Flame Bolt and Inferno on cooldown otherwise I'm always casting a nature spell.

Plane Walker

I have perfected my pyro chloro for PvP and regularly make the top 3 dps spots (usually with mostly single target).
    Definitely take Fire Shield since it scales well. It's an automatic ~1300 shield for me since I have over 8500 health (that's at r33)
    Also take Pyro armour, those procs are extremely helpful and allow more movement.
    Heat Wave is an absolute must.

I'd recommend stick all those 10 warlock points into Pyro also. Put 3 of them in Burning Bright and that's 42% more fire damage right there (for 35 points spent)
    Charge is built in pyro quite fast anyway, and you don't get much benefit from Opportunity compared to more points in pyro imo.
    You will have to make use of Smoldering Power when ever possible to prevent running out of mana though.
    Speccing Living Shell in can help if you have this issue.

Burning Bonds I gave up on, since too many people are immune to it or just break straight out anyway.

I also recently swapped Accerelated Growth for 5 points in Call of Spring which gives 15% more heals.
    I also took some points out of pyro to gain Essence Surge, removing some of that glass in your cannon, but imo allowing more dps overall since you're alive still..

Those my main points that I can think of right now
    -------------------------
    [eXile] Allillos - Mage - Zaviel

Thanks for the response and affirmation the spec isn't crap.

But I was under the impression heatwave did not work with nature spells.

The 10 points in warlock are for opportunity which isn't necessary I agree but just works oh so well with spark. I could see dropping them for Essence Surge and Improved Glyphs of Power. But I really don't want this spec ending up anything besides healy.

Plane Walker

Indeed Heat Wave only works with Fire spells.. But I use that when I want maximum damage and am casting fireballs with it active.
    You can always throw yourself an Essence Surge and carry on with the fireballs.
    If people are taking lots of damage, I'll cast more life spells. Sometimes burst dps is needed, and you have that option.
    I like this spec because you have options.

The way I see it, is that more points in Chloro are wasted (I'd say about 31 max for Essence Surge), and no matter how many you put in, Chloro is never a main PvP healer.
    So that said, I spec mostly for damage (and play as if I'm dps too) with the added bonus of heals that I can throw out when they are needed.
    Last edited by CreepyD; 02-25-2012 at 05:05 AM.
    -------------------------
    [eXile] Allillos - Mage - Zaviel

Nature's Swiftness and Unbreakable Bonds are probably going to be definite.

I'm at 45 now and doing great, twinks have given me some trouble but opportunity really helps.
    Still top heals and in top 4 damage, though I don't see many cleric healers, they're all dps.
    Last edited by Gordonfreman; 02-25-2012 at 09:43 PM.

+ Reply to Thread