+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1.8 and mage dots

Rift Chaser

Default 1.8 and mage dots

i see were some of the dot time are changing but do not see any damage changing or was that just left out of the notes. lets take a look at Withered vines strangle the enemy, causing 395 Life damage over 12 seconds, and healing up to 10 allies within 7 meters of the enemy for 239 over 12 seconds. ( i know withered vines sucks and will do more or less depending on gear and all but just using an example). now with these numbers Withered vines does 32.91 dps and does 19.91 hps. With just a change Increased duration to 16 seconds the numbers are now 24.68 dps and 14.93.

Shield of Telara

Usually threads have a point...
    Rank 8, 11/11

Quote Originally Posted by ElusiveJones View Post
    Usually threads have a point...
    Point is obvious Jones, the WV buff is complete junk.

Telaran

I hope English isnít your first language.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Morguloth View Post
    Point is obvious Jones, the WV buff is complete junk.
    Except that that point has been discussed to death and a simple search of the forums would have revealed that?

remember in old fashioned games, where DoTs were the only way to beat great healers because dots had low mana cost, lasted a long time,
    yes but that was before wow came out with the idea that dots should have NO CAST TIME.

i say make all dots in warlock tree HAVE a cast time and make them scale better and last longer. every OTHER dot in the game on the other hand... should be shorter and still be noobmode... err i ment to say insta cast.
    How much do you HATE BISHOPX?
    Warrior video (july)
    Newest shaman PvP video
    Enjoy the GREATEST HITS

Quote Originally Posted by BishopX View Post
    remember in old fashioned games, where DoTs were the only way to beat great healers because dots had low mana cost, lasted a long time,
    yes but that was before wow came out with the idea that dots should have NO CAST TIME.

i say make all dots in warlock tree HAVE a cast time and make them scale better and last longer. every OTHER dot in the game on the other hand... should be shorter and still be noobmode... err i ment to say insta cast.
    Life leech, withering vine, haunting pain, soul purge, splintered shot, etc... all dots which function different than instant cast...
    Last edited by Soul sky; 02-25-2012 at 04:39 PM.
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

+ Reply to Thread