+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: So you think pyrodom is dead.......

Plane Touched

Default So you think pyrodom is dead.......

Once again the patron saint of pyrodoms everywhere has shown us the way!

MEDUSA!

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?desktop...7ll4bbPA&gl=US

Build
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...gscbuusqsqz.-5

I almost gave up.

Uhhh.
    No one thinks pyrodom is dead.
    not anyone decent anyway.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Aguni View Post
    Uhhh.
    No one thinks pyrodom is dead.
    not anyone decent anyway.
    Just trying to help those who lost hope. Each one teach one and such.....

Telaran

Fix your youtube link. doesent work

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Secured View Post
    Fix your youtube link. doesent work
    Works fine for me. But I'm on a tablet.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqQ7ll4bbPA

Try that 1.
    Last edited by Ferrnitty; 02-22-2012 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrnitty View Post
    Works fine for me. But I'm on a tablet.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqQ7ll4bbPA

Try that 1.
    I challenge you to find even 1 post in the past 2 months that states pyrodom is dead.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by overbyte View Post
    I challenge you to find even 1 post in the past 2 months that states pyrodom is dead.
    I decline.
    This is a HELPFUL post designed to inform anyone who may be struggling with the 1.7 change.

Good day sir.
    Last edited by Ferrnitty; 02-22-2012 at 06:00 PM.

Shadowlander

Show some fights vs good people next time. Your stacked with consumables yet your opponents aren't and seem to be low valored, therefore you can win with the standard combo, no disarms, no snares, hardly any knockbacks, no mana or energy drains. You almost killed yourself nuking people with reflect up, and the first fight you were lucky not to die after poly on the 2nd warrior (you seen to fight a lot of warriors) who popped a burning reflect consumable and you carried on nukinng to finish and letting your burning shield drop which nearly killed you so lucky again ;p

Nice use of aoe stun though and destealthing the rogues, also good quality vid and I like your soundtrack.

Interesting to see a different build, sacrificing imp storm shackle, pets, ti and transference is loosing a lot of important talents tho, in exchange for more dps and ground of stength (which I did not see you use either even tanking two warriors - not worth it?) but please make another one vs quality opponents and more varied/interesting footage and show us how that goes.

Thanks for making and I hope my critique doesn't ciome across as too negative.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Troj View Post

Interesting to see a different build, sacrificing imp storm shackle, pets, ti and transference is loosing a lot of important talents tho, in exchange for more dps and ground of stength (which I did not see you use either even tanking two warriors - not worth it?) but please make another one vs quality opponents and more varied/interesting footage and show us how that goes.
    Im not high rank yet but on personal experience, Ground of Strength = standing still, Standing still = dead

Ground of strength in any team fight is surely a death wish, but in a 1v1 situation it's a clear call out of "It's either you or me." Once the green lights go up, it's pretty much a dps race between you and whoever you're fighting. The only question after that point, is who's got the power to back it up?

Oh wait, but then rogues use one of their ten shields, and now it is no longer an honorable fight to the death, it once again becomes a survivability fight, and guess what, since you're not a chlorodom you don't get to win.

For the rogues out there, though I doubt it will serve any purpose: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bushido

Learn to fight like a man, and then perhaps we shall consider you as such.

Plane Touched

Didnt make the vid and this isnt a I AM BETTER thread this is a HEY GUYS WERE STILL VIABLE thread.

And for the record medusa is one of the best out there at this mage thing so..........just hope you never have ta eat your wordz.

Plane Touched

already saw this video and commented elsewhere. But really it's not an example of, "hey look mages are fine!", it more shows just what the problem currently is.

Pyrodom isn't dead, I use it every day and get decent results. But in this video a p40 fully geared mage with consumables almost dies to what are obviously just fresh 50 warriors. That is the problem. I guarantee if they had also been p40 warriors she would have died in just a few seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezariel View Post
    already saw this video and commented elsewhere. But really it's not an example of, "hey look mages are fine!", it more shows just what the problem currently is.

Pyrodom isn't dead, I use it every day and get decent results. But in this video a p40 fully geared mage with consumables almost dies to what are obviously just fresh 50 warriors. That is the problem. I guarantee if they had also been p40 warriors she would have died in just a few seconds.
    "obviously just fresh 50 warriors."

If they were fresh 50s then they would have the Ascended Courage buff and her attacks would be hitting for much more. Also that one warrior appears to be wielding a Sentinel's battle ax, a rank 25 weapon and has a PvP PA ability procing.

NOBODY thought Pyro Dom is dead.

In fact, it is Flavor of the Month.

I don't think I have been in a WF for 2 months without AT LEAST 1 PyroDom, usually several.
    Last edited by Vihar; 02-23-2012 at 08:25 AM.
    Otherwise known as Morganlefae

Shield of Telara

Lol who thought pyro/dom is dead?

Every mage and their mother is running around using this spec, I wish more people experimented.

Speaking of, anyone want to duel run 51 ele with a SC for static discharge on the fire pets?
    Obviously, we'll switch to normal specs when the cooldowns aren't up.
    Last edited by ElusiveJones; 02-23-2012 at 10:18 AM.
    Rank 8, 11/11

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast