+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Chloromancer HK2Pc/4Pc Bonus

Default Chloromancer HK2Pc/4Pc Bonus

I've no idea if it's even something that's ever considered, but the HK2Pc and 4Pc bonuses on the Chloromancer crystal seem to go out of their way to disfavor the use of more than 1 chloromancer in a raid.

If anything the bonuses could be expanded on to effect multiple abilities, such as:
    2Pc: Increases the chance for the Mage's Radiant Spores to heal allies by 10% and reduces the cooldown on Ruin by 5 seconds.
    4Pc: Damage ticks from void life place a stacking buff on the mage reducing the cast time of their next nature's touch, within 10 seconds, by .5 seconds for each stack. Casting Ruin will cause the next Vile Spores cast within 10 seconds to be instant.

These are just suggestions to show how the existing bonuses could be expanded upon in a way that at least adds some use to them.

I can't see how the 4pc frowns upon having morethan 1 chloro in a raid.
    Explain?

Prophet of Telara BrownsMageNerfDelivery's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aguni View Post
    Explain?
    This.

The only thing that having more than one chloro in raid makes you have to do is coordinate who casts Radiant Spores unless there's multiple targets in a large area or if you split the raid like on Inwar.

Also don't see what the benefit of the Vile Spores would do. Even if you are running chlorolock, it technically creates more issues with clipping the first tick of the Vile Spores dot and exacerbates the problem of losing the maximum number of heals per GCD.

World Best
    AT LEAST 20 MOTHER****ERS TRIED TO BAN ME BUT I'M STILL HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by Gile View Post
    We do not want to carry you like GO had to for SO So go kill yourself
    I GOT 99 PROBLEMS BUT A BAN AIN'T ONE

Explain?
    The 2pc works for only 1 chloro per raid.
    The 4pc works only for 51 point tank healing, which with rare exception is the job of at most 1 chloro.
    Neither bonus works for a chloro doing raid healing in a spec designed for raid heals (ie: not-51 chloro).

The suggested bonuses were simply examples and I'll more than concede they may be far from ideal, they were more simply an example of ways in which bonuses could work and affect the 51chloro-tankhealing build and a Chloro/X raidheal spec, while not significantly altering the other.

@BrownsMageNerfDelivery: The 4pc bonus could simply increase the dmg from Vile Spores, or any number other effects that would work for BOTH a tank healing and raid healing build.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovack View Post
    The 2pc works for only 1 chloro per raid.
    The 4pc works only for 51 point tank healing, which with rare exception is the job of at most 1 chloro.
    Neither bonus works for a chloro doing raid healing in a spec designed for raid heals (ie: not-51 chloro).

The suggested bonuses were simply examples and I'll more than concede they may be far from ideal, they were more simply an example of ways in which bonuses could work and affect the 51chloro-tankhealing build and a Chloro/X raidheal spec, while not significantly altering the other.

@BrownsMageNerfDelivery: The 4pc bonus could simply increase the dmg from Vile Spores, or any number other effects that would work for BOTH a tank healing and raid healing build.
    51 chloro is still used for raid healing in some fights either due to lack of clerics or need for increased flexibility (example P1 aky versus P2 or P4) 51 chloro is also very stable, consistent raid heals. Whereas chloro lock requires much more timing of casts to get burst healing.

The 4pc HK crystal in its current form I would argue is actually one of the best at providing meaningful value to its intended soul (stormcaller being #2) since it allows you to "save" a moderate size, instant cast burst of healing when it's likely to be needed most, regardless of which veil you are using. Currently that function is only served by bloom, flourish, and partly ruin, so it nearly doubles a chloro's pinch movement healing options
    Last edited by Araenn; 02-21-2012 at 11:43 PM.
    Windstorm - Mage - Faeblight US
    Hi, I'm back!
    Faeblight since CB3

People still think that 51 chlor can do only tank healing good and NT is restricted for raid healing, well that's their problem.

back to the topic: chlor crystal is already op, specially 4pc bonus, no need to change it. And you usually don't need more than 1 chlor in your raid. Well except if you don't have competent clerics at all.
    Last edited by Skyfoxy; 02-21-2012 at 11:54 PM.
    happy dominator
    <- uberhealz

Ascendant

1) You can have more than one synth chloro, up to the maximum number of tanks (2-3 max).
    2) Instant Nature's Touch+LGV=1.7-2k+ LGV heals...INSTANT.

So, nope.
    Maza the Mage <Damaged PvPness>
    Not playing a warrior anymore because it's boring.
    11/11 HK | 4/4 ROTP | 0/8 ID

lgw

You shouldn't run more than one 51 Chloro in your raid.
    If you have to replace Clerics, use 38/28 Lock/Chloro (or if you really must Pyro/Chloro) -- it's waaayyy better.

Rift Disciple

Did you mean 36/30 chloro lock .... Thought the 38/28 lock chloro became unviable when the warlock crystal nerf

lgw

No I meant 38/28 Lock/Chloro.
    The point is that anything beyond 28 in Chloro will do very, very little for your heals. But you will see a lot of extra DPS. Any utility needed can be brought by one 51 Chloro, which should always be your first Chloro pick due consistency in healing (and some other things).

Plane Walker

51 chloro always gives me bigger heals than chlorolock or pyrolock (which are quite close heal-wise).
    Not only my self testing, but I have yet to see anyone outheal my 51 chloro using a non 51 point chloro spec - they don't even come close.

2 pc bonus is pretty nice - but I wish it wouldn't allow it to be overwritten.
    Raiding is fine, we co-orinate. Openworld is another matter - I can't go around telling ppl not to cast Rad Spores because mine is better, they would tell me to ****.
    They should stack (all chloro's should be able to see other chloro's spores) and it should only use the highest % chance one.

4 pc bonus is huge, not because it adds only a tiny bit of dps, but it lets me control my bursts so I can hit pretty much every spike of aoe damage going. That's why it can't be beaten.
    I have lots of VS Opportunity procs + Ruin + NT instants every few seconds on command (NT is obviously our biggest heal)

Chlorolock has to get lucky, time a cast (or wait for it at worst) or hope Opportunity procs - you can't rely on that.
    Last edited by CreepyD; 02-22-2012 at 05:26 AM.
    -------------------------
    [eXile] Allillos - Mage - Zaviel

Prophet of Telara BrownsMageNerfDelivery's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CreepyD View Post
    51 chloro always gives me bigger heals than chlorolock or pyrolock (which are quite close heal-wise).
    Not only my self testing, but I have yet to see anyone outheal my 51 chloro using a non 51 point chloro spec - they don't even come close.

2 pc bonus is pretty nice - but I wish it wouldn't allow it to be overwritten.
    Raiding is fine, we co-orinate. Openworld is another matter - I can't go around telling ppl not to cast Rad Spores because mine is better, they would tell me to ****.
    They should stack (all chloro's should be able to see other chloro's spores) and it should only use the highest % chance one.

4 pc bonus is huge, not because it adds only a tiny bit of dps, but it lets me control my bursts so I can hit pretty much every spike of aoe damage going. That's why it can't be beaten.
    I have lots of VS Opportunity procs + Ruin + NT instants every few seconds on command (NT is obviously our biggest heal)

Chlorolock has to get lucky, time a cast (or wait for it at worst) or hope Opportunity procs - you can't rely on that.
    And again, this has everything to do with Vile Spores.

At present, to maximize heals per GCD, you have to let Vile Spores tick at least once, which it often doesn't with Burning Purpose in raids. Moreover, to time the heal, you have to time Vile Spores to hit exactly when raid damage is going out.

Hence, you are getting better heal output with 51 chloro and Void Life with an instant cast Nature's Touch, which if you get the hang of travel time, you can time to hit when the big heals are needed.

The instant Vile Spores after Ruin would be an interesting idea for chlorolock, though I still think it would run into the present problems with travel time and clipping the first tick of the dot.

World Best
    AT LEAST 20 MOTHER****ERS TRIED TO BAN ME BUT I'M STILL HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by Gile View Post
    We do not want to carry you like GO had to for SO So go kill yourself
    I GOT 99 PROBLEMS BUT A BAN AIN'T ONE

Plane Walker

4 piece HK is HUGE for raid healing, idk how you can't see that. Once I got my 4pce I pretty much got rid of 36/30 chlorolock (i use chloro/pyro now for 5 mans if people want Living Energy, but otherwise 38/28 lock/chloro is better).

People need to get out of the mentality that 51 chloro is only Tank Healing, it is THE BEST chloro spec for all situations.

No chlor hybrid can even dream of outhealing 51/9/6 in both raid and st healing, even without hk synergy.
    Unless 9/6 is undergeared as hell.
    And afk.
    happy dominator
    <- uberhealz

Shadowlander

In a raid setting which ever chloro is doing radiant is going to win in almost every situation, 36 30 pyro chloro with decent timing will wreck a 51. So are you the radiant spammer when you're *beating* the 36's?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast