+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wild Growth stacking?

Ascendant

Default Wild Growth stacking?

I cast it every time it's up, but I've heard people telling me that I shouldn't, because it overwrites another buff or something (spotter's orders and illuminate?)...

What's the deal with it?

You should cast it. Dont listen to them.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

Ascendant

Wild Growth does overwrite Illuminate, Coda of Jeopardy and Spotter's, but its a larger DPS increase.
    Regardless of what happens, people will always be unhappy. Be thankful for what you have and always be constructive.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Poster View Post
    good or the best
    This quote offers insight into why there are so many perceived balance issues. To some, it doesn't matter how good something is; if it isn't the best, it isn't worth using.

Prophet of Telara

Cast it at will, just not while someone else has wild growth up. Be sure your raid/bard knows when you use it.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Caydin View Post
    Wild Growth does overwrite Illuminate, Coda of Jeopardy and Spotter's, but its a larger DPS increase.
    Are you sure about this? From the PTS notes, it seems that illuminate is better... and it's what we use in raids. I believe they're changing it so wild growth doesn't overwrite it anymore too.
    Last edited by Pricia; 02-21-2012 at 04:17 PM.

Prophet of Telara BrownsMageNerfDelivery's Avatar

The PTS notes just reflect the priority of the buffs.

The percentage damage increase is larger from Wild Growth. Several people, myself included, have commented that the order needs to reflect this priority and place Wild Growth at the top.

If your bard or archon is complaining you are overwriting, their complaints are ill-founded and they should recast Jeopardy or Illuminate after 12 seconds of Wild Growth (macro a yell into your cast if a reminder is needed).

World Best
    AT LEAST 20 MOTHER****ERS TRIED TO BAN ME BUT I'M STILL HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by Gile View Post
    We do not want to carry you like GO had to for SO So go kill yourself
    I GOT 99 PROBLEMS BUT A BAN AIN'T ONE

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Pricia View Post
    Are you sure about this? From the PTS notes, it seems that illuminate is better... and it's what we use in raids. I believe they're changing it so wild growth doesn't overwrite it anymore too.
    Illuminate is probably the poorest of these abilities. Spotter's (warrior) and coda (of something.... bard) are actually better in terms of usability.... dmg component is the same.

And yes, wild growth is stronger than any of these abilities. Spotter's type abilities give about a 200-300 dmg proc every 3s (~100 DPS). Wild growth is a 10% dmg increase (slightly less after you take into account after debuffs).... assuming a (lowish) DPS of 2k per person, this works out to 150+ DPS, likely more. Spotter's type abilities may be better in low level dungeons where the average DPS is ~1k.

What I'm not sure is if spotter's overwrites wild growth.... never really thought of it until I read your post.

EDIT: I believe the PTS notes are just lumping them together in the same buff/debuff group... not that the top of the group is better or has higher priority.
    Last edited by masakari81; 02-21-2012 at 04:58 PM.

Illuminate/Jeopardy/Spotter's will return a higher dps number over the whole fight because it can be always up, but the 10%dmg boost from wild growth is better for the 10seconds it's active. Like others said, you just need to co-ordinate with your other players about when it's up and when they can apply spotters etc again.

The people who are telling you illuminate is better are probably just looking at the whole parse without really thinking about what the numbers mean.
    Seraphim are always recruiting! Join now and get a friend in free!
    Find us in game to have a chat and see if we're a fit for you.

Tell your bard to install raid killer and enable the option to track wild growth cast and cooldown, as should you and any others using it so you don't double cast it.
    "This raid needs more squirrel."

The order in which the skills appear within a buff/debuff group on the PTS notes doesn't imply anything regarding priority.

* Note: The below grouping list does not indicate that the higher listed debuff overwites lower listed ones; the strongest (in terms of amount of stat debuffed) cast on a target from within a stacking group will overwrite weaker value debuffs within the same group. If equal, they will overwrite each other.

+ Reply to Thread