+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lower Level Chloro Healing

Default Lower Level Chloro Healing

Hello all,

I see plenty of threads talking about 51 Chloro and how to use Void Life to MT heal. BTW that's great and once I hit 50, I will use it. However, for a level 42, what are the skills I should be using to heal the tank, Synthesis and Bloom are both a given I am guessing. What other spells should I be looking at. Natures Touch? Ruin? Help, I am sucking hard and need assistance.

Tufelhunden

Chloro cannot into space until 50. Thank Trion for over-nerfing it in 1.1 and never really fixing it later. In fact, even at 50 I didn't bother to make a chloro spec until I got 1k SP and SHoE.
    Last edited by Sehnsucht; 02-21-2012 at 08:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    Sehnsucht is almost impossible to translate adequately and describes a deep emotional state.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...ckRo.x0c.xx.-0

Natures Touch > Natures Fury > Radiant Spores > Corrosion (if aoe pack) > Ruin > Stream of Reclamation (if Boss Fight) > Vile Spores

Keep Entropic Veil up unless your tank is taking large hits or entire party is taking damage, then use Wild Growth
    Always use a heal only after a DD for circle of Life buff. Try to save Bloom for tank healing, let your dps mellow unless they have aggro. Flourish can provide tank healing as well but will sap your mana. Use Essence Surge whenever it is up and tank is <30% the cooldown is not that long.

I'm only 35 but have been healing with no problems if the tank is competent. Bosses are so much easier than trash.

I've got natural conversion at the bottom of a couple macros so it fires off without me managing it.

Ascendant

Some of the advice given, I agree with, but a lot of it I don't.

Nature's Touch is going to be your primary heal as a Chloromancer. Since it's such a slow cast, though, you'll have issues with squishier tanks. I'd recommend precasting it at the start of the pull when you see your tank rushing it. The second or so you save there will really help you out.

You'll want to use Radiant Spores at the start of the pull, but it's not going to help you much in healing your tank, so it's not something that's vital for you to have 100% uptime. Later on, when you reach level 50, it becomes more important, as you'll have the GCDs available to use it. It's an excellent raid healing spell, especially when it's talented and you obtain the synergy crystal.

Vile Spores is what you'll cast while Nature's Touch is down. Make sure you've talented the DoT portion in the second tier of the tree. The first tick of that DoT will give you some additional healing.

If your tank takes a spike of damage after Nature's Touch hits, use Bloom. Otherwise, use Ruin. For severe spikes, use Essence Surge. Do not macro Ruin to a spammable button. You want all of these spells to be available for when you need them.

Many attacks can be converted into healing. You'll want to cast Natural Conversion whenever you see a casted spell. You can convert, for example, the autoattack of mage-bosses, big magical hits, and even the first tick of breath spells from dragons and the like. You don't want to macro this, as you're wasting the GCD if the target doesn't cast a spell, plus you should try to convert the most painful spells.

I use Wild Growth as a DPS booster. If you have full charge and know that a big AoE is coming, precast that, then time Nature's Touch to hit shortly after the AoE is cast. Nature's Touch will hit for 10% more damage, and you can even use Entrophic Veil to boost that even more.

Be wise in your use of Flourish. It's a non-trivial cooldown, so don't just use it to top people off. Gage the amount of incoming damage and whether or not your Veil will heal your teammates up. If they're in critical danger, use Flourish immediately. If they're only slightly injured, the heals from your Veil, and Radiant Spores if it's up, will top them off.

Corrosion is the Chloromancer's version of a HoT, but it's only useful for a pack of mobs. Don't waste the charge against a single enemy. It's a great spell for toping people off, but you cannot rely on it for healing. It's supplemental.

Try to get used to using Stream of Reclamation as just a charge booster for when you're in desperate need. Since the channel doesn't actually heal through your Veil outside of the first tick, you're literally spending 6 seconds to increase your chance at healing. Since tanks don't actually output a lot of damage, this is a complete waste of your time.

Don't utilize Withering Vines. The opportunities where this spell is optimal are few at best.

Finally, Nature's Fury is your hardest hitting spell, but since it's an AoE spell, its healing it reduced to just a quarter of what it'd normally be. You need to have four targets in order for that spell to be worth casting for healing purposes. However, that's not to say you shouldn't cast it against a single target. If the healing isn't needed at the moment, you can queue it after a Nature's Touch or Vile Spores to increase your DPS. Watch out, though, it has a VERY large range. It's very easy to accidentally pull additional packs, and sadly, Chloromancers don't really have the utility to reduce incoming damage.
    Regardless of what happens, people will always be unhappy. Be thankful for what you have and always be constructive.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Poster View Post
    good or the best
    This quote offers insight into why there are so many perceived balance issues. To some, it doesn't matter how good something is; if it isn't the best, it isn't worth using.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordonfreman View Post
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...ckRo.x0c.xx.-0

Natures Touch > Natures Fury > Radiant Spores > Corrosion (if aoe pack) > Ruin > Stream of Reclamation (if Boss Fight) > Vile Spores

Keep Entropic Veil up unless your tank is taking large hits or entire party is taking damage, then use Wild Growth
    Always use a heal only after a DD for circle of Life nuff. Try to save Bloom for tank healing, let your dps mellow unless they have aggro. Flourish can provide tank healing as well but will sap your mana. Use Essence Surge whenever it is up and tank is <30% the cooldown is not that long.

I'm only 35 but have been healing with no problems if the tank is competent. Bosses are so much easier than trash.

I've got natural conversion at the bottom of a couple macros so it fires off without me managing it.
    Thanks will give this a go. I know it can be done as I have had chlorors heal me as a lower level tank. I just couldn't figure it out.

Good catch on the stream of reclamation, I'm only 35 so there are some things I don't understand yet.
    I will probably continue to use it with radiant spores on bosses but otherwise drop it.

I have to be full throttle healing all the time on trash otherwise the tank is dead. That is my argument for keeping Ruin in my damage macro.

I'll have to test Nature's fury to see how many targets it needs to hit to heal as much as a Vile Spores at my level.

Prophet of Telara BrownsMageNerfDelivery's Avatar

No, you want to have control over Ruin. You need it to deal with bigger damage spikes when there is not adequate time to cast Nature's Touch or when you have to move.

Stream of Reclamation, as another person mentioned, is worthless. Until they radically increase the duration of that buff it puts on the target, it will continue to be mostly a good way to build charge before a pull (if you are very quick and cancel it before it does any damage).

Nature's Fury will never be higher heals because it is an AoE spell, it's primarily to add DPS if it is required.

Also, I would note that taking the decreased cast speed skill in Pyromancer (as another person mentioned) may cause issues with Vile Spores (you cast it slightly faster and you run into clipping the Vile Spores DoT before the first tick gets off, which is a loss of heals per GCD). However, I'm not sure if the 5 percent will do it, as it's mostly an issue in raids with 10 percent reduced cast times from Archon.

And again, try to avoid macroing skills. Ruin you want to save for movement and Nature's Touch you want control of if Opportunity procs.

World Best
    AT LEAST 20 MOTHER****ERS TRIED TO BAN ME BUT I'M STILL HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by Gile View Post
    We do not want to carry you like GO had to for SO So go kill yourself
    I GOT 99 PROBLEMS BUT A BAN AIN'T ONE

Natures fury = heals for 81 with lgv
    Vile Spores = heals for 250 with lgv counting dot

So it would need to hit 4 mobs (max on chain)

I will try a run with fewer abilities on macros, like ruin.
    Last edited by Gordonfreman; 02-21-2012 at 07:23 PM.

Champion of Telara

I used to run this spec when I was still a lowbie.... not sure if its still viable, but its pretty fun. That was when synth still worked with LGV rather than LBV.

44 archon/ 22 chloro - at least that's the aim when you reach 50... you can just slowly fill up points along the way.

Not your standard chloro spec, but you buff the heck out of everyone, including the tank. Faster cast speed speed and all your auras help. A weak tank will be a problem though since you lack any strong reactive spells outside of bloom. It was way more fun than your standard chloro specs IMO. But the synth change might have killed this spec... along with any interest I had playing chloro from then onwards.
    Last edited by masakari81; 02-21-2012 at 07:59 PM.

+ Reply to Thread