+ Reply to Thread

Thread: mage support class?

Soulwalker

Default mage support class?

So there was something I was confused on and hoping someone would be kind enough to clairfy it for me. I reached lvl 50 on my mage and was ready to do some regular dungeons. I currently have 3 souls. One I just use for solo, a 51 cholo build and a 51 archon build. When I go to queue for a random dungeon it gives me the opition to queue as heal, dps, or support. I honestly want to run my archon build but I guess my question is does it really considered archon dps or support? Or is the dungeon finder considering my cholo as support? I have bard I run sometimes and I have a flag icon next to her nameplate for suppport which my archon does not have. I guess what it comes down to is as an archon should you queue as dps or support? I know its kind of a trival matter but I dont want to queue wrong and then have the group be "lol, seriously wheres our bard or pyro" Any clairification would be greatly apperciated. Ty in advance.

Shadowlander

Archon is definetly support not dps. I believe the icon for archon is bugged htough *showing up as dps* i think dom is the only spec that actually shows a support flag. chloro will also let you queue as a support though aswell.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Raxh View Post
    Archon is definetly support not dps. I believe the icon for archon is bugged htough *showing up as dps* i think dom is the only spec that actually shows a support flag. chloro will also let you queue as a support though aswell.
    Ty for clarifing this for me. That's what I assumed it was for simply based on the spells but that little bug was enough to make me question the actual role.
    Last edited by Nadeah; 02-20-2012 at 03:56 PM.

Yup.
    Archon, and some builds that use Domi or chloro are support.
    Full Chloro is heals. At level 50, you normally want 51 points in it, unless you know the tank doesn't need much help (read: for pugs, 51 points)
    Everything else is dps.

The icon shows up as either support or DPS depending on the souls you use to augment it.

Archon is Support (primary) & DPS.
    Dominator is Support.
    Elementalist, Pyromancer, Stormcaller, Necromancer, Warlock are DPS.
    Chloromancer is Healing (primary) & Support.

So if you have 51 points of Archon and 15 points of Dominator, you have 66 points of Support and 51 points of DPS, so your flag is Support.

If you have 51 points of Archon, 10 Elementalist, and 5 Pyro, you have 66 points of DPS and 51 points of Support, so your flag is DPS.

That's why Chloro/Dom shows up as Support and not Healing (66 Support/51 Healing), but Chloro/Lock shows up as Healing (51 Healing (primary)/51 Support/15 DPS).

Plane Walker

The thing about dungeons is that when a healer needs support, they actually need help with healing and archon will not be able to fulfill that job well.

Just insult the healer and say they're bad. That's what all the support do anyway!
    Be careful of the words you speak. Keep them short and sweet! For you may never know, from day to day, which ones you will have to eat!

+ Reply to Thread