+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fire Armor damage bonus

Soulwalker

Default Fire Armor damage bonus

Hi,

I always thought that pyromancer's Fire Armor gives 5% damage bonus - that's what the tooltip says, but today I saw couple of people in warfronts and tooltips on their buff bars said 15%. The icon was identical to pyromancer's Fire Armor icon... Am I missing something? There is only one Fire Armor buff in the game, right?

Thanks.

Ascendant

Tooltip says 15% for me...

Shadowlander

I believe what you're seeing is with the 30points into warlock which increases the bonus by 10% if a mage has an armor effect on.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Raxh View Post
    I believe what you're seeing is with the 30points into warlock which increases the bonus by 10% if a mage has an armor effect on.
    This is correct. For some reason it only shows on Fire Armor despite affecting all Mage Armors. It could be because Fire Armor is bugged when speced into Improved Mage Armor from Lock and it doubles the effect given for Fire and that's why it shows an extra 10%. The developers are aware of this bug and have said they have no intention on fixing it, so they could have just made the tooltip accurate to the bug.
    Rank 40 Mage - Seraphshroud 11/11 HK 5/8 ID
    My Guides to: Pyro/Dom and Chloro/Dom, Mage PA Farming, PvP Defilemancer
    My Rift Stream!

Its stupid that they dont fix it when its a known bug, I dont understand that at all. Wait its because pyrolock isnt already vastly op compared to all the other mage damage specs, it needs more help from trion!

Rift Disciple

Fire armor 5% + Improved warlock armor 10% = 15% fire damage

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Relair View Post
    Its stupid that they dont fix it when its a known bug, I dont understand that at all. Wait its because pyrolock isnt already vastly op compared to all the other mage damage specs, it needs more help from trion!
    You do understand that pyrolock dps is balanced against other callings, and not against other mage specs?

Soulwalker

Thanks for the explanations! I didn't know that a bonus from the Improved Mage Armor affects Pyromancer's Fire Armor...

Quote Originally Posted by Kazzin View Post
    You do understand that pyrolock dps is balanced against other callings, and not against other mage specs?
    I understand that, doesn't make it very fair though. Wouldn't you rather all mages dps was up to par legitimately rather than one specific combo because of a bugged combination of talents? I just can't remember in an mmo where devs said 'yeah we know this is bugged but whatever, we're leaving it'.

Rift Disciple

The plan as far as we've been told, is to fix the fire armor bug when a fix is ready to keep mage dps in the same ballpark. (I'm not sure an extra 10% additive bonus is that big of an deal for pyro/lock anyway, so I'd rather they just fix it as well so we can get an "accurate" picture of where mage dps is before it gets "balanced"...)
    Last edited by Davroth; 02-20-2012 at 07:15 PM.

+ Reply to Thread