+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Source Machine

Telaran

Default Source Machine

Hi,

Currently weather I am DPS or chloro I use a source machine with the below lessers

Living Surge, Pyro Flare, Dark Rituals, Mystic Surge, Living Quest and Last Rituals.

I am now thinking about putting together a second source machine to hold two greater's for when I am chloro. Should look like this

Crystal Vine (greater), Frozen Deep One Tear (greater), Mystic Surge, Pyro Flare, Living Surge, and Dark Rituals.

Will this improve my chloro ?

Cheers

RIFT Guide Writer

If you're going to be Chloro, its recommended you get the 2 shielding Greaters Frozen Deep Tear and Hailstone Tideshard. Do NOT get the HoT Greaters as they're completely useless in raid. If your healers can't top off the raid in 8 seconds to get the full effect then there's other things you should be worried about. Shielding Greaters add to the effective health of the raid which could possibly prevent them getting 1shot from an AoE.

When I Chloro I often switch between my BiS SP Core, or my Shielding Core + Trinket (Alsbeth Trinket) depending on the fight, whether instagib mechanics are more prevalent such as Hylas, or bigger heals are more important such as Sicaron.
    Rank 40 Mage - Seraphshroud 11/11 HK 5/8 ID
    My Guides to: Pyro/Dom and Chloro/Dom, Mage PA Farming, PvP Defilemancer
    My Rift Stream!

Telaran

ok i have Frozen Deep Tear where do i get Hailstone Tideshard?

RIFT Guide Writer

Water Raid Rift.
    My Rift Stream!

Prophet of Telara BrownsMageNerfDelivery's Avatar

You primarily want to use the shielding greaters for raid heals, as you can't control who it procs on, making the shields slightly less useful for MT heals (though I still need to do a few controlled tests on this).

I am not 100 percent convinced that Token of Warding is worth it simply due to the low proc rate. Though given my conversations with some raid -icars it may be. Good luck getting it if you go for it.

World Best
    AT LEAST 20 MOTHER****ERS TRIED TO BAN ME BUT I'M STILL HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by Gile View Post
    We do not want to carry you like GO had to for SO So go kill yourself
    I GOT 99 PROBLEMS BUT A BAN AIN'T ONE

I know Frozen Deep One Tear + Hailstone Tideshard stack, as do 2x FDOTs from different characters, but can you stack 2x FDOTs in one sigil and have them both proc?

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by BrownsMageNerfDelivery View Post
    I am not 100 percent convinced that Token of Warding is worth it simply due to the low proc rate. Though given my conversations with some raid -icars it may be. Good luck getting it if you go for it.
    The Token of Warding procs at the same rate as the shielding essences, ~4 second ICD.

Quote Originally Posted by Valnak View Post
    I know Frozen Deep One Tear + Hailstone Tideshard stack, as do 2x FDOTs from different characters, but can you stack 2x FDOTs in one sigil and have them both proc?
    Indeed they do. I'm pretty sure all shields other than the Puri ones stack indefinitely.
    My Rift Stream!

+ Reply to Thread