+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Azeula

Thread: 51 Chloromancer Questions, Are some spells just plain useless?

Default 51 Chloromancer Questions, Are some spells just plain useless?

Trying to squeeze the most i can out of chloromancer.

Natural Splendor- Is this even good for healing over Void Life + EV? Or is it just a good ability to try to AoE DPS if you dont need the healing?

Nature's Fury- Only good over Void Life for aoe dps or if you get an opportunity proc right?

Stream of Reclamationj- WTF?

Ruin- Movement healing spell.

Vile Spores- I feel its useless after you get Void Life

Nature's Touch- Only good with opportunity it seems.

Withering Vine- LOL
    Gnarlwood - Belladonna - P50 Rogue
    Seastone - Puandro - P24 Mage
    Im here for the PvE, not the unbalanced subpar PvP.
    Just Waiting...

Keep in mind your goal as healer. DPS is nice but its what will give you the right heals for the right situation that is most important.

Natural Splendor: This is my OMG room pull Oh *Bleep* button. With a heavy pull and full charge, this easily is your highest healing and DPS spell. However, it should be treated as an OS button, and used as such. It very very quickly fills up your raid and is great on trash pulls but please please use it when you need massive raid heals, not massive dps.

Nature's Fury is great in a macro:

Nature's Fury
    Ruin
    Vile Spores

Is my most common macro. I'll put in radiant spores if I'm the only chloro and natures touch if I'm tank healing. If you are trying to help meet DPS checks ALONG with healing, then this macro works better than void life. Void life should primarily be used when the tank is taking heavy but consistant damage for a time, for example breaths from lord green scale. Void life is also used for targets almost dead as there is no travel time in your cast.

Stream of reclamation is my raid heal button against a boss and if thats all that anyone is targetting. It increases your radiant spores so much for that time that you can fully heal a raid if everyone is targetting the boss with this button. Useful, but it is situation specific. I only use it for raid healing, and what is nice is that radiant spores matters not if you have synthesis or life bound so its a great way to contribute to a burst of raid healing dispite being a main tank heal (if you are at that time).

Withering Vine...is LOL. I will however cast it in close combat where peeps have to stack on the boss IF and a big IF the raid is not taking damage at that time. Example is first boss ROTP. We use the stacking method with a dot soaker so the raid when stacked takes heavy flame damage. I'll keep WV on the boss but only when the raid is taking no damage, so that when we do take flame breath damage, I'll have another HoT + Spores + my heals to help me out. Again, very situation specific but for the most part I dont use it. To be truely useful they need to remove the cast time but still keep the new 16 second effect in the PTS.

I hope that helps! with opportunity be sure to use an attack macro to increase your DPS without sacrificing heals.
    Last edited by Xenoheart; 02-18-2012 at 01:45 PM.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Puandro View Post

Natural Splendor- Is this even good for healing over Void Life + EV? Or is it just a good ability to try to AoE DPS if you dont need the healing?

Nature's Fury- Only good over Void Life for aoe dps or if you get an opportunity proc right?

Withering Vine- LOL
    Stream of Reclamation increases the chance for your radiant spores to heal allies, so yes, it is worth it.

Vile Spores is pretty useless after you get Void Life.

Nature's Touch is good if you get the Nyx 4 set bonus, until then, save your opportunity procs for Nature's Fury (if multiple mobs) or Nature's Touch (if one mob).

Yes, Withering Vine = LOL.

Plane Walker

Vile spores not useless - It's better DPS than void life if the tank isn't taking much damage, or sometimes you need raid heals more than tank heals in certain moments. It's also good filler for when you're saving your instant nature's touch for an upcoming burst or movement, you can get a couple spores casts in before refreshing the buff with void life.

Stream of reclamation is instant charge, tons of charge if you take warlock, great for getting your corrosion, wild growth, or splendor up faster. I only tick it once while the GCD turns over then cast something else.

Ascendant

I'm unsure about nature's fury. I know a lot of people use it at the top of their macro, but it's considered an AoE heal, so the heal is reduced. So I'm not sure it's even worth casting, unless you have 3 targets or more.

Prophet of Telara BrownsMageNerfDelivery's Avatar

Natural Splendor is a situationally useful AoE heal. Use it if melee is taking a damage spike.

Vile Spores is technically your highest AoE heals output with LGV, but it has issues with cast speed modifiers, which may make you lose the first tick of damage from the dot (and the resulting heals). Moreover, with travel time, it may not always do useful healing and do overheals instead. But it is very useful for AoE heals regardless. The reason Void Life may be better in certain situations is the lack of travel time: heals start once the channel ticks and suffers zero pushback.

Stream of Reclamation, despite what others say, is worthless. The buff to Radiant Spores doesn't last long enough to make it worth casting. It can, however, be used to quickly generate charge (start the cast and immediately cancel it). If running a hybrid chloro build, you are better off getting 4 other casts in instead of wasting 6 seconds on a Stream of Reclamation channel unless they make the Radiant Spores chance buff last 30+ seconds.

Withering Vines is useless in PvE, but in PvP it's somewhat helpful as its heals are unaffected by damage mitigation provided by valor.

And yeah, you need HK 4pc to make Nature's Touch worth casting.

Do not macro these abilities. You want to be able to control when you cast Nature's Fury (as it is an AoE and does less heals) and Ruin (as you want the control of this instant cast to save for damage spikes or movement). The only macros you should have are autocleanse, mouseover heals and mouseover rez (and maybe a Wild Growth macro for coordination with other DPS cooldowns).

World Best
    AT LEAST 20 MOTHER****ERS TRIED TO BAN ME BUT I'M STILL HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by Gile View Post
    We do not want to carry you like GO had to for SO So go kill yourself
    I GOT 99 PROBLEMS BUT A BAN AIN'T ONE

Withering Vine- LOL
    1) Natural Splendor - I rarely use it, but there are certain times when it is useful because it does a lot of dmg (for a chloro) and pushes out a lot of heals. It has it's moments though... P1 akylios (well, jornaru) springs to mind.

2) Natures Fury - Another one I rarely use, but when the group is healed well enough and we're killing multiple mos, i'll throw it out there if opportunity procs.

3) Stream of Reclamation - Just a weak version of splendor... not that useful IMO.

4) Ruin - Great spell for a plenty of situations... spikey damage and flourish is down.. it helps.

5) Vile Spores - If NT is on CD and opportunity procs (in a single target encounter) i'll use this.

6) Natures Touch - Void Life > Void Life then this... simple rotation and can heal most fights without a problem. Obviously you need 4 HK pieces + crystal.

7) Withering Vine is a spell i've hardly used in any situation... never needed to

8) You missed Radiant Spores... keep that up 100% of the time.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by BrownsMageNerfDelivery View Post
    Stream of Reclamation, despite what others say, is worthless. The buff to Radiant Spores doesn't last long enough to make it worth casting. It can, however, be used to quickly generate charge (start the cast and immediately cancel it). If running a hybrid chloro build, you are better off getting 4 other casts in instead of wasting 6 seconds on a Stream of Reclamation channel unless they make the Radiant Spores chance buff last 30+ seconds.
    As a channel, it does about as much damage (maybe a bit less) as three casts of vile spores over the same period. My tests were just doing 1 SoR and 3 VS about 10 times in a row, and I came out 47%/53%.

+5% bonus to Radiant Spores per-second for six seconds means a 30% bonus at the end for 3 seconds. That's a lot for Radiant Spores, considering it has a 10% base proc chance, 6% more talented, and 10% more from the crystal. You just went from 26% proc chance to 56% proc chance. Whether this buffs the Radiant Spores on all the enemies, or just the mob targeted by SoR, I don't know. If it does, and the raid is AOEing, that RoS is causing Radiant Spores to do HUGE heals.

Edit: and yeah, maybe it doesn't last long, but consider: 6 of the 9 seconds it is up, your Radiant Spores proc chance has essentially doubled. Unless you have the crystal, than it is just 3 out of 9 seconds that it has doubled.
    Last edited by Morank; 02-18-2012 at 04:08 PM.

Prophet of Telara BrownsMageNerfDelivery's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Morank View Post
    As a channel, it does about as much damage (maybe a bit less) as three casts of vile spores over the same period. My tests were just doing 1 SoR and 3 VS about 10 times in a row, and I came out 47%/53%.

+5% bonus to Radiant Spores per-second for six seconds means a 30% bonus at the end for 3 seconds. That's a lot for Radiant Spores, considering it has a 10% base proc chance, 6% more talented, and 10% more from the crystal. You just went from 26% proc chance to 56% proc chance. Whether this buffs the Radiant Spores on all the enemies, or just the mob targeted by SoR, I don't know. If it does, and the raid is AOEing, that RoS is causing Radiant Spores to do HUGE heals.

Edit: and yeah, maybe it doesn't last long, but consider: 6 of the 9 seconds it is up, your Radiant Spores proc chance has essentially doubled. Unless you have the crystal, than it is just 3 out of 9 seconds that it has doubled.
    I've tested this in raid environments, you do more heals per second not using Stream of Reclamation.

A chloro with similar gear kept using SoR on Grugonim and I was not. I consistently did 1k+ more heals on the raid. It is good in a stopcasting macro for generating a little charge before a pull and little else.

World Best
    AT LEAST 20 MOTHER****ERS TRIED TO BAN ME BUT I'M STILL HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by Gile View Post
    We do not want to carry you like GO had to for SO So go kill yourself
    I GOT 99 PROBLEMS BUT A BAN AIN'T ONE

Withering Vine- LOL
    keep in mind you should be concerend with heals over dps, and alot of people comment on chloro stuff from far to much of a dps stand point...AE abilities do less heals, the dots from ruin and vile spores only proc a heal off the first tick...that being said

1: this is god mode, it does a lot of dmg, and anyone in range isnt going to die

2: not good for the heals, but if you do have a spare moment it does do decnt dps

3: I dont find this useful, but I wont argue strongly against it if you do

4: yes, great for movement...I use this and insta NT alot on aklyios dodging waves and breaths

5: is usless after void life...time bases asuming your getting the original dmg and the first dot tick(some dont from clipping) its very very close to voidlife...yet void life hits instantly and is a steady stream of dmg/heals which is important for both tank and raid healing

6: another nice spell. but yes dont waste a cast time...I normaly save the insta cast ready to go for spike dmg or on the run...from 4 piece HK crystal...or yes from opp procs, but I dont spec that, after your 4 piece the opp procs lose thier charm

7: I have never ever used this, wouldnt recomend it
    Last edited by Oomie; 02-19-2012 at 04:24 AM.

70-100 charge near 99% uptime with all your spells veiled, this is what stream of reclamation does.
    happy dominator
    <- uberhealz

All I have to say is respect the splendor. Don't ever underestimate or take for granted the natural splendor, as it's easily one of the best spells available to the entirety of the mage calling, in pve anyways. It's just the bee's knees, I feel like I'm wasting my time trying to explain how useful the spell is, because if you're a mage who doesn't understand how useful it is then you sir, are not the mage I want healing me.

+ Reply to Thread