+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Suggestions for Necromancer

Telaran

Default Suggestions for Necromancer

Before making your judgments, realize the main objective here is to create harmony between the necromancers and their pet – not just a fire and forget DoT that does dismal damage. It would also make the class fun and very interactive.

And, it would create a gimmick spec that could be very good in some fights, mainly those in which a lot of adds are spawned.

My suggestions for Necromancer:
    1. Make “Grave Rot” an instant AOE DoT.
    2. Make “Life Bane” affect the Necromancers spells as well, 0.6% instead of 3.0% however.
    3. Make “Detonate Bones” a spell vs. an effect. I.E Suicide your pet for a one time high burst of AOE damage. Would only really be usable when Exhume is up. Furthermore, you should be able to use this on Shambling’s via “Empty the Crypts” and “Mass Grave”
    4. Master Chirurgeon also increases damage by 15% max talented.
    5. Makes “Death’s Grasp” add a DoT component (max 5 stacks) instead of the snare.
    6. “Corpse Explosion” should not have a cool down and is stackable up to 3 times.
    7. Make “Reclaim Power” a passive channel that increase damage by 20% as long as it is active and deals 5% damage to your pet.
    8. Give “Grave Bolt” a DoT component that stacks up to 5 times.

How it could work:

Make a pet, cast Death’s Grasp, use reclaim power, and then stack up as many corpse explosions as you can. Use empty the crypts/mass grave, and then blow up your pets in which a chain reaction of death ensues (detonate bones blows up all pets, which trigger the corpse explosion = Huge AOE damage).
    Last edited by Amnita; 02-18-2012 at 07:05 AM. Reason: Cleaned it up

An easier way would be to just make detonate bones work passively like it does now, but go off when pets unsummon as well as when they die. That would give alot of extra kick to EtC and Mass Grave without having to recode or add anything. Grave rot needs a damage buff and to last as long as its cooldown like almost every other aoe in the game, its a joke that we get the weakest one that you also have to wait around to cast again. Something really needs to change with death's grasp too, for it being our only defensive spell it kind of sucks now with DR in pvp and overwritten by almost any other snare in pve. Make it apply one long lasting snare after the stun, or a fear, or dmg debuff, something.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnita View Post
    3. Make “Detonate Bones” a spell vs. an effect. I.E Suicide your pet for a one time high burst of AOE damage. Would only really be usable when Exhume is up. Furthermore, you should be able to use this on Shambling’s via “Empty the Crypts” and “Mass Grave”
    If your pet is almost dead, then you can use "Reclaim Power" to finish it off, triggering "Detonate Bones", and restoring some mana.

I think "Reclaim Power" would be more useful if it restored health instead of mana. Necros don't really have mana issues. Have it restore however much health is left on the pet to the mage.
    Last edited by pinetree; 02-19-2012 at 08:48 AM.

Plane Touched

they need to remove the heals from necro and add some more attacks, cause Necrosis and Plague bolt will never get it done.

Ascendant

Reclaim Power is an attempt at synergy in the tree. When I was leveling up my Mage, I was Chloro/Necro and used Reclaim Power, letting Lifegiving Veil heal the pet up. It functioned like a mana battery before I was geared enough not to care about mana.
    Regardless of what happens, people will always be unhappy. Be thankful for what you have and always be constructive.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Poster View Post
    good or the best
    This quote offers insight into why there are so many perceived balance issues. To some, it doesn't matter how good something is; if it isn't the best, it isn't worth using.

Quote Originally Posted by VeroMaestro View Post
    they need to remove the heals from necro and add some more attacks, cause Necrosis and Plague bolt will never get it done.
    I'd actually like to see the pact healing mechanic explored and enhanced more so that with enough investment and focus a necromancer could offer support heals if desired.

They're honestly not that far off as it stands, but I think they need an "oh crap" function added that would allow life shift to be cast instantly for X seconds and blood binding to instantly heal the target for the entire value of the spell if a condition is met.

Champion of Telara

Would love for the following

1. Corpse explosion - passive..... everything you kill blows up.

2. Grave rot.... I would much prefer it to be a targeted spread AoE rather than a ground target AoE.

As a cool addition, it would be fun if targets dying under the effect of grave rot spawned a zombie that helps out for 10s or so, maybe as a synergy with fresh grave? Probably not much dmg, but I just like the concept of it.

As for the healing spells of necromancer. Either replace them for better DPS skills, or make it such that you're not using your own life to heal, but rather siphoning it off an enemy or something and make the healing scale more with SP.

Quote Originally Posted by masakari81 View Post
    Would love for the following

1. Corpse explosion - passive..... everything you kill blows up.

2. Grave rot.... I would much prefer it to be a targeted spread AoE rather than a ground target AoE.

As a cool addition, it would be fun if targets dying under the effect of grave rot spawned a zombie that helps out for 10s or so, maybe as a synergy with fresh grave? Probably not much dmg, but I just like the concept of it.

As for the healing spells of necromancer. Either replace them for better DPS skills, or make it such that you're not using your own life to heal, but rather siphoning it off an enemy or something and make the healing scale more with SP.
    Hell yes, make corpse explosion a passive with like a 50% chance to apply from plague bolt or each tic of necrosis or something, and stack to 5. Boom! And grave rot definitely needs a dmg boost, recast reduction, or to be castable on target or something. That spawning a zombie on death part would be neat too, or maybe give like a 10% chance on death to reset cooldown on EtC and make the next one instant cast.

I would like to see Necromancers get some kind of Resurrection ability. After all, aren't Necromancers known for raising the dead?

Telaran

I wouldn't even bother with necromancer until pet scaling is fixed if they put on a bunch of bandaids it will just make balancing much more of a pain when they get around to it(see warriors).
    Last edited by Carnex; 02-20-2012 at 11:40 AM.

+ Reply to Thread