+ Reply to Thread

Thread: question

Telaran

Default question

does anyone know if "improved mage armor" bonus applies to "pyromancer's armor"; my tool tip is not showing it to be so. hopefully it does.
    thanks!

RIFT Guide Writer

Yes it does.
    Rank 40 Mage - Seraphshroud 11/11 HK 5/8 ID
    My Guides to: Pyro/Dom and Chloro/Dom, Mage PA Farming, PvP Defilemancer
    My Rift Stream!

Telaran

tyvm! in your opinion, is the standing + damage bonus worth giving up "fulminate"? that skill works quite well in my rotations.

RIFT Guide Writer

If you're talking about 51Pyro vs Pyro/Lock (standard DPS is 36Pyro/30Lock) then it is very much worth giving up Fulminate. AFAIK, Fulminate is always a DPS loss in pretty much every PvE scenario. As for PvP, Fulminate is lulz.
    Rank 40 Mage - Seraphshroud 11/11 HK 5/8 ID
    My Guides to: Pyro/Dom and Chloro/Dom, Mage PA Farming, PvP Defilemancer
    My Rift Stream!

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by SeraphShroud View Post
    If you're talking about 51Pyro vs Pyro/Lock (standard DPS is 36Pyro/30Lock) then it is very much worth giving up Fulminate. AFAIK, Fulminate is always a DPS loss in pretty much every PvE scenario. As for PvP, Fulminate is lulz.
    I tried it both ways; guess what? "Fulminate" was a huge dps boost. I think it depends on how the caster manages it because it makes for a complicated rotation. The thing that helps me to manage all my "specialty" casts is to macro everthing I use, even single spells like this:

#show Fulminate
    suppressmacrofailures
    stopcasting
    cast Fulminate

That way I'm sure to have an insta-cast on every spell when I need or see it pop. You likely knew this already...based on how knowledgeable you are about mages, so sorry if I ramble. tyvm for answering...

You kinda word it poorly. Yes Fulminate is a DPS increase if you're speccing 51 Pyro. HOWEVER, you will do higher DPS by speccing Pyromancer-Warlock (36 30 or 28 38 if Hammerknell 4set).

As for your stopcasting cast fulminate macro in the above post, I'm clueless why you would use this in PvE. You should never want to cancel a fireball cast to use Fulminate, you should just let your cast finish then use it. Casting then stopcasting to cancel for a Fulminate is just wasted time.
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

Telaran

I don't use it to interrupt a fireball cast, what I said was that it gave better management of Fulminate and any spell that is dependent on conditionals. There are lots of other things that could get in the way of a speedy deployment of Fulminate. It's a management tool that I learned to make good use of in other games and that works well for me here...not everyone has the full HK set yet.../cries

but you could let me follow you thru anytime...

wait...what do you mean "kinda word it poorly"? I'm an English teacher <pulls out the red pen and looks at the word "kinda">
    Last edited by EnnCee; 02-19-2012 at 04:08 PM.

+ Reply to Thread