+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Variants in Chloro Healing Builds

RIFT Guide Writer

Default Variants in Chloro Healing Builds

I know a lot of people are still using Chloro/Lock as a main AoE Healing Chloro build, but I was wondering to myself, why not add some Pyro?

The build I came up with for Raid AoE Healing is 32Chloro/28Lock/6Pyro

Reasons for such is because since Glyphs of Powers got buffed to 10% from 5%, it seems like a good addition to add some extra healing. We keep all the goodies from Lock and add an extra 6% from Glyphs. Now I realize that many points can be placed elsewhere, such as no Phytogenesis if you have another Chloro spreading Radiant Spores, or needing some extra health with Raised in Nature for AoE heavy fights (Hylas/Molinar/Akylios), or even just going 31Chloro if you have your Bard using Fervor or have another Chloro putting up Living Energy. To put simply, there's a lot of room for personal choice here.

In addition to Glyphs from Pyro, we get NO PUSHBACK. This was my main gripe with Chloro/Lock since I hate pushback with a passion and can severely hinder your healing potential. I didn't bother maxing out Ignition because one of the problems with Chloro/Pyro is once you have an Archon's Burning Purpose aura, you tend to clip the first tick of the Vile Spores DoT. However, I haven't actually tested if having 2 points in Ignition will still clip the DoT in raid or not.

As for 51Chloro builds, I opted for 51Chloro/8Pyro/7Dom

Reasons again being for Glyphs of Power and Dom for the interrupt (Thunder Blast) and Reflective Command. No Lock because Magical Affinity doesn't work with channeled abilities and Opportunity loses a lot of it's appeal once you get the 4 Piece HK Crystal anyhow. What's nice about Burning Fury in this case is each tick of Void Life counts towards it, so you're critting much more often with Void Life.

So these are my suggestions on some new Chloro Healing builds. I'm eager to see what other specs people have come up with and feedback on my own

To lgw: Do you still recommend running the 38Lock/28Chloro build now that the Lock crystal got nerfed? I don't really see any reason to use it now for AoE healing, but there may be reasons that I could have overlooked. Would greatly appreciate some input on that as I do miss that spec and it's awesome 5k Bloom crits =[
    Rank 40 Mage - Seraphshroud 11/11 HK 5/8 ID
    My Guides to: Pyro/Dom and Chloro/Dom, Mage PA Farming, PvP Defilemancer
    My Rift Stream!

I have attempted a similar Chlorolock with 7 points in Pyro. My experience was that although both dps and healing are slightly higher (~5%), I am much more vulnerable to AE damage in those fights that require high raid healing and for which this build is designed. This is mostly because of the damage increase from Glyph and the reduced hitpoints (no archon, no points in Raised in Nature). For me the slightly higher performance was not worth the reduced survivability. And it is difficult to get to 11 points in Pyro for flicker without loosing too much in chloro or warlock.

Ascendant

IMO, if you're going into pyro at all for a chloro build you go all-in and go 30 deep.

But that's just me :P
    Maza the Mage <Damaged PvPness>
    Not playing a warrior anymore because it's boring.
    11/11 HK | 4/4 ROTP | 0/8 ID

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Perros_The_Second View Post
    I have attempted a similar Chlorolock with 7 points in Pyro. My experience was that although both dps and healing are slightly higher (~5%), I am much more vulnerable to AE damage in those fights that require high raid healing and for which this build is designed. This is mostly because of the damage increase from Glyph and the reduced hitpoints (no archon, no points in Raised in Nature). For me the slightly higher performance was not worth the reduced survivability. And it is difficult to get to 11 points in Pyro for flicker without loosing too much in chloro or warlock.
    28 38 pyrolocks survive just fine, and it's not because of SV.
    Last edited by Kazzin; 02-16-2012 at 05:55 PM.

RIFT Guide Writer

Just tested the 2 points into Ignition in raid to see if it clips Vile Spores, and it still does. I'm vaguely remember Chloro/Lock still clipped it sometimes as well though. As for survivability, the 500 health from Searing Vitality is nice, but if you spec into Raised with Nature and get the 10% from Lock, you're already 1.5k more hp than most other people anyhow.
    Rank 40 Mage - Seraphshroud 11/11 HK 5/8 ID
    My Guides to: Pyro/Dom and Chloro/Dom, Mage PA Farming, PvP Defilemancer
    My Rift Stream!

Prophet of Telara BrownsMageNerfDelivery's Avatar

Might as well go 30 lock for the raid heal builds with 30 chloro/6 pyro. Get the best benefit from improved mage armor.

Haven't tested 8 pyro/7 dom, but I'm pretty sure your best damage output (and thus healing) is from 9 dom/6 pyro. It's fine on Sicaron and Inquisitor, haven't tested it anywhere else as far as the extra damage (which really isn't that bad since you have ridiculous amounts of HP as chloro).

World Best
    AT LEAST 20 MOTHER****ERS TRIED TO BAN ME BUT I'M STILL HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by Gile View Post
    We do not want to carry you like GO had to for SO So go kill yourself
    I GOT 99 PROBLEMS BUT A BAN AIN'T ONE

+ Reply to Thread