+ Reply to Thread

Thread: fresh 50 mage, need a farming build.

Default fresh 50 mage, need a farming build.

Im a fresh 50 mage and need a build that will allow me to solo chronicles, partake in invasions and instant adventures. Ill be running pvp gear as soon as i get my set to reduce my chances of getting ganked so tweking a build to improve my chances in open world could be good.

I was thinking of necro lock or chloro lock, but chloro lock seems too slow.
    Gnarlwood - Belladonna - P50 Rogue
    Seastone - Puandro - P24 Mage
    Im here for the PvE, not the unbalanced subpar PvP.
    Just Waiting...

I would say something like stormcaller / chloro for aoe + dps + heal, and while I don't think it'd be bad on a pvp server I would hope a mage from a pvp server responds after this.

Something like this maybe (im trying to keep pvp in mind)
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z....VGoAkAhorz.-5

I personally farm with 38/18/10 with 10 in archon for mana on crit. Either of these are more fun than chloro lock or something.

Maybe someone with pvp server experience can chime in.

If you want a pet build then I would go with this. It is very good for Chronicles.

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...olo-build.html

For a non-pet build I would with with this:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z....EdIh0I00Ro.-5

Using ST attack macro:

cast Ruin
    cast Draining Bolt
    cast Void Bolt
    cast Dark Touch

AoE would be:

Dark touch > Neddra's Grasp > Radiant Death > Radiant Spores > Corrosion> Nature's Fury > Devouring Shadows

Or if you are talking a lot of damage then just go:

Radiant Spores > Corrosion> Nature's Fury > Devouring Shadows

Using Entropic Veil to burn charge on both.

This is good for grinding invasion mobs with Holy Champion. You can wade right into the thickest group of invasion mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiahcp View Post
    If you want a pet build then I would go with this. It is very good for Chronicles.

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...olo-build.html

For a non-pet build I would with with this:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z....EdIh0I00Ro.-5

Using ST attack macro:

cast Ruin
    cast Draining Bolt
    cast Void Bolt
    cast Dark Touch

AoE would be:

Dark touch > Neddra's Grasp > Radiant Death > Radiant Spores > Corrosion> Nature's Fury > Devouring Shadows

Or if you are talking a lot of damage then just go:

Radiant Spores > Corrosion> Nature's Fury > Devouring Shadows

Using Entropic Veil to burn charge on both.

This is good for grinding invasion mobs with Holy Champion. You can wade right into the thickest group of invasion mobs.
    This is pretty solid advice.

I personally wouldnt go with the pet build because sometimes that creates problems with multiple mobs...where your pet takes 1, and YOU take the rest.
    Otherwise known as Morganlefae

Best farming build and a video to boot!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IklK...Oef6ZgWkvj4-Hb

Enjoy
    it is not enough these days to question authority, you gotta speak with it too

The best farming build I've ever used is the 25 pyro/ stormcaller/ chloro one. Someone has it in thier signature here I just can't remember who :/ you can literally solo 10+ ember isle mobs with that build and some items like cauterizing gem and and crystal vine. You literally cannot die.

You will however run into mana problems but just take a lot of water with you. I prefer this build because it kills much quicker than warlock variants.
    Last edited by lol r u mad; 02-15-2012 at 02:37 PM.

http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

So as a mostly HK-reliced mage who took a break with SW and is now back, I find myself about 200 PA levels behind where I want to be.

I'm going to try Pyro/Chloro/SC and SC/Chloro/Archon variants out, but I'm looking for a venue for mobs. Does anyone have any good advice on EI locations to chain pull tons of mobs to stress test these builds?

I'd be happy to take my answer via PM if the poster does not want to reveal to the general public, but prefer to keep things in the open forum if I can.

I guess the other options would be to chain pull elites in stillmoor or shimmer, but I'm wickedly tired of that mentality.
    Hwasung the Compulsive

Quote Originally Posted by Hwasung View Post
    So as a mostly HK-reliced mage who took a break with SW and is now back, I find myself about 200 PA levels behind where I want to be.

I'm going to try Pyro/Chloro/SC and SC/Chloro/Archon variants out, but I'm looking for a venue for mobs. Does anyone have any good advice on EI locations to chain pull tons of mobs to stress test these builds?

I'd be happy to take my answer via PM if the poster does not want to reveal to the general public, but prefer to keep things in the open forum if I can.

I guess the other options would be to chain pull elites in stillmoor or shimmer, but I'm wickedly tired of that mentality.
    4 piece chloro crystal, onslaughts on EI grab as many mobs as u can as fast as you can, spores, forked, lightning field spam with HC up. the LF will give you the bonus from HC. Just go from onslaught to onslaught and during invasions go to one of the least populated heavily assaulted areas for tons of mobs + exp.

I've tried aoe'ing regular mobs on EI and it's just not worth it.. no other zone compares either.

Quote Originally Posted by Shhhh View Post
    4 piece chloro crystal, onslaughts on EI grab as many mobs as u can as fast as you can, spores, forked, lightning field spam with HC up. the LF will give you the bonus from HC. Just go from onslaught to onslaught and during invasions go to one of the least populated heavily assaulted areas for tons of mobs + exp.

I've tried aoe'ing regular mobs on EI and it's just not worth it.. no other zone compares either.
    Cool, we're on the same page then. Thanks Shhhh.
    Hwasung the Compulsive

wait what

what build

im really overwhelmed

Quote Originally Posted by Puandro View Post
    Im a fresh 50 mage and need a build that will allow me to solo chronicles, partake in invasions and instant adventures. Ill be running pvp gear as soon as i get my set to reduce my chances of getting ganked so tweking a build to improve my chances in open world could be good.

I was thinking of necro lock or chloro lock, but chloro lock seems too slow.
    Chlorolock is slow, but very effective for Chronicles like HK and GSB. For the other Chronicles, I find Pyro/Dom to be most effective.

For instant adventures, I've found Pyro/lock to be most effective overall (unless you have to tank the boss).
    For soloing major rifts, chlorolock.

For most invasions, SC/Lock.

I really don't like EI, so I don't have a lot of experience there.

Here's a useful tip on speeding up HK chronicle runs as chlorolock.
    1) Pull the entire hallway at once, use your cooldowns and burn it.
    2) Start the Murdantix encounter and let the npc tank him. Keep the powerup going all the time and clear the room. Then move to the next room. Usually you can clear the room and half the adjacent room by the time Murdantix gets down to about 10% health.
    3) Finish off murdantix and clear the adjacent room and boss.
    4) Pull the 3 adjacent rooms downstairs at once, using your cooldowns.
    5) Once you get into the great hall, dot everything as you run for the powerups. Clear the room with the powerups going and pull the boss as well. You should be able to tank the whole room in 1 pull with the powerups going.

+ Reply to Thread